Warframe Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• myk 7 Aug 2017 23:47:41 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    GoodForm wrote:

Only problem so far, the shop/progression system is a mess. Supposedly I should buy blueprints and farm for materials, but all the desireable blueprints seem to be locked behind account rank 10. After two hours of play I still haven't increased in rank once.

Any tips on what blueprints to go for first?
    The Hek (shotgun, mastery rank 4) is amazing, especially if you go for the Steel Battalion as your syndicate. The Lex (pistol, MR3) should only cost credits and is a good secondary. Would go for something with reach for melee, like the Galatine (MR3).

Mastery rank does take quite a while, it's based around levelling up warframes and weapons (as well as pets/sentinels/archwings). That impatience never goes away, I've got a few MR13 weapons I want (MR11 atm).

Bear in mind that even if you had the mastery rank, lots of materials are tied to progression. Apart from Argon crystals (that expire after a day) I've never farmed any materials, you'll get more than enough just playing the game.
  • myk 10 Aug 2017 07:50:51 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just wait till the story kicks in properly (second dream in particular)...
  • blackbeard777 10 Aug 2017 20:03:19 18 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    This game is a grindfest. It is a good game for free but if you do not want o waste countless hours into this, you pretty much have to pay. Also the enemies seem pretty predictable.
  • myk 13 Aug 2017 12:22:46 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wouldn't buy warframes just for the mastery rank; one warframe is only worth two weapons. The best thing to do is make sure you've got the cheap weapons levelled, all the ones you can buy for credits from the market. The mk1 weapons have separate mastery from the standard ones.

Farming warframes is pretty easy, in most cases you just need to repeat boss battles until you've got all three parts, then buy the blueprint. Some quest ones are easy to get, others a pain (Limbo took ages)
  • solidsneek 14 Aug 2017 09:28:31 379 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How is this game? I am hearing nothing but good things about it.

How is the MP and story? I will be getting it on pc.
  • myk 14 Aug 2017 20:40:04 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Co-op pve is good, haven't tried any of the PvP. The story is a slow burner for a while, takes a back seat to the mechanics to begin with. You really have to piece things together yourself early on, but a coherent narrative emerges roughly half way through.
  • myk 15 Aug 2017 07:17:03 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I found the tutorial for synthesis about fifty times harder than actually doing it in game. Also helps that if you're playing in a team you've got four times the scanning going on, or have a warframe with good crowd control skills.
  • solidsneek 15 Aug 2017 08:43:27 379 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got this last night and wow for a f2p it's insane.

Graphics are top notch, game play is good and when they bring the open world aspect with villages!
  • figgis 15 Aug 2017 10:47:20 7,690 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm also trying to get my head around it, atm. The thing I like is the obtuseness of it, looking at FAQ's and Guides is like having to read a manual for a PC game again. I think I'll try this before having a go at destiny 2.
  • onestepfromlost 16 Aug 2017 19:39:26 2,639 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    so not sure why but decided to download this, will see how i get on.
  • shamblemonkee 18 Aug 2017 09:33:30 17,703 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Im finding the combat a bit loose and janky. Does s improve. Im like 5 missions in.
  • myk 24 Aug 2017 11:16:29 704 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Energy becomes a lot less of a problem after a certain point, if you pick the right skill tree to go down. Can't be any more specific without spoilers.

There's also Trinity, who can pretty much create unlimited energy for a team.
  • Rivuzu 24 Aug 2017 13:24:58 16,715 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I started playing this two weeks ago.

I'm about 80 hours in, and have a twice forma'd Oberron Prime, and no forma'd Hydroid, Atlas, Inaros and Frost Prime, plus the Excalibur naturally.

This game is a bit ridiculous. Also pretty much running exclusively with either a single Lex Prime + Glaive, or Zakti + Glaive. The Zakti + Glaive is my favourite combination so far, proccing 10k+ crits on groups in stealth with the Glaive and instagibbing them all, and getting that instant 500% affinity boost.

Playing on PC though. I cannot imagine the fingerfuck that is movement on PS4.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.