Warframe Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• aros 25 Feb 2014 13:45:53 4,260 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This game is decent via Remote Play but I don't think I would want to play it on PS4 as it seems a bit dry and boring to focus on entirely. Does it get better than the first few levels? Second level seems to drag on forever, I quit out rather than finish it.
  • Deleted user 7 March 2014 15:02:48
    I downloaded this on PC recently. Seems a bit... shit? I assume it gets more interesting?
  • y2rich 7 Mar 2014 18:23:40 3,093 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's one of those games you need to invest a few hours in and find a clan to play with regularly. Once you get past the opening planet there's more variety in missions, enemies and environments.

The crafting and MODs also add a nice bit of variety. It can be a bit of a grind but that's where having a clan or a group of buddies to play with really helps
  • Progguitarist 7 Mar 2014 18:46:00 10,780 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's pretty awful if you play it alone but quite fun if you play it with friends. Much like any co-op game really.
  • Metalfish 7 Mar 2014 19:31:32 9,182 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's grindy as fuck, which isn't a problem if you and your mates are generally just doing whatever shit turns up since you'll build up a stockpile of resources just by playing.
  • craigoxley 8 Mar 2014 14:14:36 7 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just started to play Warframe and looking for players, please send Flatout1977 a freind request if interested :) thanks in advance.
  • neilqpr 25 Mar 2014 20:25:05 2,914 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PS4 update live (for the few of us weirdos who like this game).
  • ChiefGB 27 Mar 2014 22:24:47 7,137 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    New patch out for this today but it keeps on failing anyone having this problem, lol I guess not from this forum.................
  • wobbly_Bob 14 Jun 2014 15:34:00 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought I would fire this up and have a proper creak at getting into it to be heated with a massive f update file to Download and then massive in game updates which are taking forever to download and install. I assume from the wastelands that is this thread this isn't that popular a game? :-)
  • wobbly_Bob 14 Jun 2014 19:22:44 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Been playing it and Fuck me is that bewildering. It explains NOTHING. I'm gonna have to hit some wikis.
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jun 2014 15:19:58 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played this loads yesterday and loads today and really like it. All no fixing idea what's going on tho.
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jun 2014 15:31:03 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone still playing on eg and has a clan I can join?
  • fletch7100 15 Jun 2014 15:36:43 8,367 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Used to play this quite a lot. Then they brought in the new UI, to me it's just too off putting.
    I don't like change :)

Remember

All weapons/ frame have their own exp levels. All exp gained goes towards your overall exp level
    ONCE a frame/weapon reaches exp level cap then any exp gained using that item DOESNT go towards your overall exp.

Only thing you can get from higher levels is a few weapons

Best to look up the mods section, then you can alter your frames stats and weapons. This includes increasing weapon clip size, fire rate, different types of elemental damage.

One example was a machine pistol, increased its fire rate, clip size , plus any ammo I picked up was converted to pistol type. It was a beast of a gun

Edited by fletch7100 at 15:37:22 15-06-2014
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jun 2014 15:40:55 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

Used to play this quite a lot. Then they brought in the new UI, to me it's just too off putting.
    I don't like change :)

Remember

All weapons/ frame have their own exp levels. All exp gained goes towards your overall exp level
    ONCE a frame/weapon reaches exp level cap then any exp gained using that item DOESNT go towards your overall exp.

Only thing you can get from higher levels is a few weapons

Best to look up the mods section, then you can alter your frames stats and weapons. This includes increasing weapon clip size, fire rate, different types of elemental damage.

One example was a machine pistol, increased its fire rate, clip size , plus any ammo I picked up was converted to pistol type. It was a beast of a gun
    Cheers for the advice. It's one of the least explained bewildering games I have ever played. Shame their aren't any EG players.

Do you know what the transmute thing does? :-)
  • fletch7100 15 Jun 2014 15:42:34 8,367 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Just loading up the game now. What's your PSN? Haven't played the game in ages so I will do my best to answer your questions :)
  • fletch7100 15 Jun 2014 15:43:49 8,367 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also last time I played transmute wasn't worth it

Basically merge 4 cards into a random card. Could get something good but most of the times it wasn't worth it
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jun 2014 16:09:45 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    @wobbly_Bob

Just loading up the game now. What's your PSN? Haven't played the game in ages so I will do my best to answer your questions :)
    Just booting up now if you're still there. Psn: yarr_me_hearty
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jun 2014 17:53:22 4,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Assume you are lostinessex psn? Joined the clan but coyly find a way to join with you are chat. Sent a few requests but I didnt wanna bug you! Of to watch some movies with the missus! Another time perhaps!
  • fletch7100 15 Jun 2014 18:06:13 8,367 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob

Promoted you in the clan, so you should be able to wander around the dojo. There is some dojo labs where you can buy blueprints for clan only weapons

Hopefully I'm back on later tonight, have to check which matches are on later

One of the better missions to grind out exp,cash, certain materials and mods are survival missions. If they haven't changed them, you just have to survive first 5 mins then you can goto the exit point and leave the map. Best to stay as you get a bonus every 5 mins. Once you are a higher level/better mods then you play the lower level missions for 25-30mins

Get yourself a sentinel as well. Basically a drone that follows you around and shoots enemeis. These can be upgraded as well.

Will make sure I party up when I see you online next time

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:08:00 15-06-2014
  • GoodForm 7 Aug 2017 17:05:45 1,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago

This recent review has prompted me to re-download Warframe, which I only played most briefly right around the launch of the PS4. Back then, it was a laggy mess, and thus wholly unappealing.

Is this really worth a shot?

I always loved the character designs, and I guess I might enjoy playing dress-up with a space ninja.

Supposedly it also got a PS4 Pro update, or is that still forthcoming? Anyways, I'd love some more feedback before I jump in.

Edited by GoodForm at 17:06:37 07-08-2017
  • myk 7 Aug 2017 20:36:24 694 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it's awesome, starting playing it about two months ago after seeing it mentioned a lot on the division Reddit.

The key to it is that the developers are making the game they want to make - there are lots of parts where it's clear they thought something would be cool or fun to do and so did it.
  • GoodForm 7 Aug 2017 22:10:17 1,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Played the opening few missions, and then some today. It plays really well and runs great, except for some stutter on the loading screen.

Only problem so far, the shop/progression system is a mess. Supposedly I should buy blueprints and farm for materials, but all the desireable blueprints seem to be locked behind account rank 10. After two hours of play I still haven't increased in rank once.

The drive to acquire better gear is key to engage me as a player, in loot-driven games such as Warframe. Right now I have a hard time sussing out what in the blazes I am supposed to want at this point.

Shouldn't the shop lay out desirable items for my current rank? Personalize itself for my current needs, providing me with a progression path and motivation right now? Without a carrot to chase, Warframe's gameplay loop, as well done as it seems to be, won't hold me for long.

Any tips on what blueprints to go for first?

Edited by GoodForm at 22:14:10 07-08-2017
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2017 22:12:31 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played it last year. Is it still just a series of reskinned corrdiors separated by samey shooty bits in painfully plastic-looking arenas?
  • GoodForm 7 Aug 2017 22:17:28 1,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    spamdangled wrote:
    Played it last year. Is it still just a series of reskinned corrdiors separated by samey shooty bits in painfully plastic-looking arenas?
    So far, more or less yes, though supposedly there's an open world coming to this next month, and some of the existing content later in the game's progression is supposedly already more open as well.

There's been a gameplay demo for the upcoming open world stuff recently. It made me pay attention to the game again.

• JiveHound 7 Aug 2017 22:28:30 8,754 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I tried it again for a couple of hours recently and while I respect what the devs are doing It's all just a bit too samey and scrappy to maintain my interest.

It does some things better than Destiny and is obviously far more generous but I much prefer the latter in general polish and feel.

I really can't say I'm keen on the art style either although it is I'll admit quite original.
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2017 22:31:37 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JiveHound

I didn't really like the artstlye either. It seemed to be in a weird middle-ground between Giger and Shiny's MDK.

Edit: Actually, the minute-to-minute gameplay actually reminds me a lot of MDK in retrospect. Albeit without the sense of humour (admittedly, I played the ps1 version back in the day).

Edited by spamdangled at 22:33:23 07-08-2017
  • JiveHound 7 Aug 2017 22:35:25 8,754 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's a great comparison. I understand it's similar to their glaive wielding ninja dude from their previous game dialled up.

It's just a bit overly fussy though certainly a bold vision.

I applaud them and it's probably closer to the Diablo template but missions lacked the pacing of Destiny's at their best.

I may be doing the game a disservice as I feel I've barely scratched the surface but it's not grabbing me.

Edited by JiveHound at 22:37:00 07-08-2017
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2017 22:47:59 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JiveHound

It was the lack of variety that turned me off. Which is weird, because on a macro-level it isn't really that different from stuff like Diablo. But whereas I find Diablo to be digital crack, Warframe just leaves me cobld.

Mind you, its fans all say it is best in multiplayer, and I am one of those weirdos that likes to solo in MMOs.

Obviously it has its fans and it has been far more succesful than the devs expected, which is great for them. The open world stuff sounds like it could bring some much-needed variety, though I worry it is just going to end up as a half-hearted attempt to mimic Destiny. I certainly don't begrudge the game, I just didn't get on with it for whatever reason

Edited by spamdangled at 22:51:54 07-08-2017
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2017 23:36:02 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh god I am actually re-installing it now to see what's changed.
  • spamdangled 7 Aug 2017 23:39:54 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @JiveHound GUYVER! That's what it reminds me of.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.