Fable HD coming Page 3

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• Baihu1983 22 Jan 2014 07:31:06 3,432 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wish they had used Jacks original voice. Always preferred it over TLC version.
  • Matt36 24 Jan 2014 01:36:50 1,368 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, no one? :p
  • Gabriel2R 24 Jan 2014 04:24:04 181 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pre-order DLC on a HD Remake of a shitty childish game? FFS this is too much for me
  • RedSparrows 24 Jan 2014 08:36:31 22,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Damn kids!!!!
  • convercide 26 Jan 2014 10:30:58 6,025 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gabriel2R wrote:
    Pre-order DLC on a HD Remake of a shitty childish game? FFS this is too much for me
    This game doesn't even have UAVs or Airstrikes ffs. Not buying this shit.

It won't even have the attack dog perk of the sequels.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• M83J01P97 26 Jan 2014 10:55:32 6,654 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else disappointed that they have gone to all this trouble of doing a HD remake... And not brining it to the XBox One as well?

Seems like an incredibly silly oversight in my mind.
  • Syrette 26 Jan 2014 11:01:50 43,477 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gabriel2R wrote:
    What's the problem?

I think some people see the words "pre order DLC" and automatically engage nerdrage mode. 9 times out of 10 the pre order DLC is actually so minimal/worthless that it's really not worth worrying about at all.

• Baihu1983 30 Jan 2014 17:00:50 3,432 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Anyone else disappointed that they have gone to all this trouble of doing a HD remake... And not brining it to the XBox One as well?

I would have got it on Xbox One if possible but oh well I'm still looking forward to this.
  • robthehermit 30 Jan 2014 17:28:01 4,075 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:

Xbox One version would have been a day one purchase for me, however, I have resolved not to buy any games for the 360 due to a 70 games or so backlog (I still like to kid myself that I will play them one day).

On the other hand, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that they'll release a Fable Super HD collection in a year or so.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• Baihu1983 30 Jan 2014 17:55:53 3,432 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And I would buy that. Only one I didn't really enjoy was III.

Journey gets shit cause its Kinect but I found it enjoyable.
  • Baihu1983 3 Feb 2014 09:39:31 3,432 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The first games frame rate issues and loading times have not been fixed

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/fable_anniversary/b/xbox360/archive/2014/02/03/fable-anniversary-review-game-informer.aspx
  • Dizzy 3 Feb 2014 09:41:56 2,700 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    M83J01P97 wrote:

Xbox One version would have been a day one purchase for me, however, I have resolved not to buy any games for the 360 due to a 70 games or so backlog (I still like to kid myself that I will play them one day).

On the other hand, I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibility that they'll release a Fable Super HD collection in a year or so.
    Haha... I am in the same situation. Even considering buying a new model 360... because I will need it the next 5 years to finish all those games :S
  • RedSparrows 3 Feb 2014 10:44:45 22,722 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    The first games frame rate issues and loading times have not been fixed

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/fable_anniversary/b/xbox360/archive/2014/02/03/fable-anniversary-review-game-informer.aspx
    Er whut
  • Mr-Brett 3 Feb 2014 12:41:32 12,799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They made it too HD! :)

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• CharlieStCloud 3 Feb 2014 18:40:04 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Xbox 360 first party efforts goes out not with a bang, but with a whimper.

... I am trying to think that with the exception of a prequel to Gears of War which nobody wanted or asked for, what exactly have Microsoft actually done, software wise, on the Xbox 360 since 2012?

It is solely a third party machine nowadays whereas a certain other console delivered hit after hit all year last year.

Such a shame that this remake still couldn't wash away the same persistent problems every single Fable suffers from; a very wayward frame-rate and long loading times between different areas and whilst entering houses, big or small.

Quite glad I waved goodbye to my Xbox 360 for a PlayStation 3 this time last year!

Anyways, for those of you who shall be purchasing this, do let us know if it worthwhile, seeing as I can happily play the game round my friends when he is away visiting his family.

: )
  • scuffpuppies 6 Feb 2014 16:45:09 263 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played the remastered Fable HD for a few hours this afternoon, and I'm quite pleased with it to be honest. Yes it looks like a re-skinned ten year old game...but that's all it is. After all, this isn't a remake.

The loading times aren't long by any means. After it's installed to the HDD, the environment loading screen last for five seconds...max. Hardly breaking the experience (although I did expect it to be quicker if I'm honest).

Some textures during a cut scene on the NPC faces etc, can take a second to pop in, but nothing we haven't come to expect from the Unreal Engine over these years.

Audio is crisp, control is fluid (well, as fluid as a ten year old game can be) and Fable HD is the same great game I always knew.

As remasters go, this does exactly what it says on the box.

XBL: Scuffy P
    PSN: Scuffy_P
    NN: ScuffyP

• northernlights 7 Feb 2014 18:04:47 658 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Very tempted to pick this up but kinda don't wanna buy anymore from 'last gen' wanna save my money for newer shiner stuff. have to have a think.
  • TFM_Excalibur 7 Feb 2014 18:10:02 1,056 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's excellent for what it is, i'm loving going through it again, think i'll play 2 and 3 when i finish it again as well.
  • northernlights 7 Feb 2014 19:49:12 658 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kinda disappointed at the lack of interest on the EG forums about this. I guess most people are looking at next gen stuff at the moment. I hope that fact doesn't effect sales.
  • scuffpuppies 8 Feb 2014 11:23:26 263 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There really isn't anything "next gen" to look towards right now though.

Thief 4 is a last gen game with a current gen version and regardless of what Microsoft want people to believe, TitanFall is a last gen game with an XBO version too. The only "next gen" title due this quarter is Infamous Second Son on the PS4 (of which I personally can't wait for).

I do love remasters such as Fable, Halo CE, Shadow of the Colossus etc, but hate cross-gen games. While I completely understand third party studios financial need to do this (not being subsidised by a platform-holder) it doesn't stop the frustration.

Just imagine how different Destiny would be if developed for the XBO, PS4, PC, and not for the 360 and PS3 with XBO/PS4/PC versions.

Anyway, Fable Anniversary is still as good as I remembered.

• Madder-Max 9 Feb 2014 10:27:24 11,650 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    29.99 for a re skinned 10 year old game!

Lol

99 problems and being ginger is one

• scuffpuppies 9 Feb 2014 11:25:59 263 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Don't buy it and keep the 30. Problem solved.

• Mr-Brett 9 Feb 2014 11:53:26 12,799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    30 for a very good 10 year old game that's been visually upgraded and released on a platform that a lot more people have. Reskinned is wrong as that means just a texture swap and nothing else.
    Of course Madder saying something silly is nothing new.

• lavalant 9 Feb 2014 12:44:37 1,317 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud The original Xbox was worse, it went out with a suffocation and a kick in the face. Microsoft have abandoned 80 million consumers, there is nothing new on the horizon for XBLA, no Demos and yes MS have produced nothing since 2012. I would have thought they'd release the Arcade port of Killer Instinct after it appeared on Xbone last year. I'm just waiting for the 'we'll switch 360 servers off on 2015 date"

I loved the original Fable, or tried to love it, the atmosphere and setting was fantastic but the game was shallow and limiting with no scope for exploration or experimentation. I wandered around desperately looking for something to do half the time in this fantastic Tim Burton world. I'll pick the reskinned version up when it drops to 15.

I can't understand why Lionhead would remaster a flawed game and not fix the flaws or take the opportunity to beef the content up a bit.
  • Mr-Brett 9 Feb 2014 12:56:33 12,799 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well that's no small undertaking and it does risk the Lucas effect. Plus they could spend years fixing and refining it but many would always dismiss it as a 'reskin' regardless.
    I expect they'd rather spend their time on the new game.

• Madder-Max 9 Feb 2014 21:43:11 11,650 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its an awful lot of money for a game that looks the same as its sequels but does not play as well.

Can buy the sequels for less money than this.

Does not add up. If they released it for a tenner then yeah. A nice upgrade to a classic that would probably sell by the bucketload.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• andytheadequate 9 Feb 2014 23:26:31 8,178 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd have been interested if they'd remade it rather than just making it prettier. Would loved to have seen it with the co op of Fable 3 and the improvements that Fable 2 introduced.

But I agree with Madder Max, 30 is too much for a HD update. 20 would probably be a bit fairer.
  • scuffpuppies 10 Feb 2014 11:24:52 263 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Show me one remastered game (not an HD re-release), either on the PS3 or 360, that was 20 when it released?

The God of War Collection 1 & 2, and Shadow of the Colossus/Ico weren't remasters. They were exactly the same games as originally released on the PS2 and PSP, albeit at a higher resolution. The assets in all those games were the same as on the original release.

Fable HD, as with Halo Anniversary Edition, were actually rebuilt from the ground up. Models in both Fable and Halo were replaced with higher poly versions, new textures throughout, and all rendered in a higher res. The game is the same, warts and all, but visually they've been completely reworked.

Surely that's worth 30 for the effort alone?

• andytheadequate 10 Feb 2014 11:58:25 8,178 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe I just don't care about graphics enough. The reason older games feel dated isn't really to do with looks, but generally the actual gameplay.

But each to their own.
  • scuffpuppies 10 Feb 2014 12:53:50 263 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I doubt that's entirely the case. Whether we like to admit it or not graphic quality does matter. But that's the whole point of remasters and HD re-releases though. For those that want to revisit past games in all their glory, and I've played more recent games that far out date Fable gameplay wise. Something new doesn't automatically mean it's going to play well, equally an old game doesn't mean the mechanics are dated either.

I simply see remasters as a way to replay a title where the game actually lives up to the rose tinted spectacles memory has fooled one with all these years. Revisiting old games is often a shock when you realise they aren't quite as good looking as memory serves, at least this way some of that memory is left untarnished.

I'm not a huge retro gamer per say, however, as the saying goes, "to know where you're going, you need to see where you've been".

But as you say, each to their own.

• Page

of 4 First / Last