A Realm Reborn Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 Page 2

• Page

of 47 First / Last

• evandar 16 Jun 2013 14:48:28 275 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've been playing the beta over the weekend and enjoyed it also! So looking forward to the full game :-)
  • Ror1984 16 Jun 2013 15:01:18 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think I'll have to dive into this a bit later - I was out all day yesterday so haven't had a chance. It seems I've chosen the wrong server :p I'm on Odin (EU).
  • evandar 16 Jun 2013 16:14:43 275 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think character data is deleted from Phase 3 Beta - so we'll all have to start again for the open beta/full release anyway.

(The exception being 'Legacy' accounts - people who played the original FFXIV for more than three months)
  • .Wolfie-kun. 16 Jun 2013 16:17:38 17 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been waiting for a code for ages! Seriously want to play this :(
  • wogsy81 16 Jun 2013 16:25:43 759 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well thats the beta over till next friday.
    I must say i enjoyed it. I managed to put a good 15 hours or so into it since friday morning and i got my conjurer up to lvl 15 just before the shutdown. I am definitely left wanting more :)

I think my beloved DCOnline may be taking a back seat once this badboy gets released in August.
  • Folant 16 Jun 2013 19:25:20 1,615 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Until Friday is it? Damn, wanted to pop on and explore a bit more.
    And find bugs, as well, being the test version and all.
    But mostly explore Windurst.... I mean Limsa Lominsa....

Think I might have to upgrade my PC as well for this, can see it getting as addictive as XI was

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• SilentTristero 16 Jun 2013 19:36:06 299 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shit, this isn't good, is it? I bought the Collector's Edition on a whim back at release, and enjoyed it for a few hours...

Never really thought they'd pull off the overhaul, to be honest, however humble and earnest Yoshida was.
  • Ror1984 16 Jun 2013 21:56:14 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Damned busy weekend, all I got to do was build a character :p
  • Slipstream 17 Jun 2013 01:39:07 254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have some submissions for the beta forum, but as polished as the game is it's been difficult to find anything to write about, especially as some exploring the UI on my parted yielded some issues I had, so really all I have so far are suggestions.

Overall the experience has been brilliant.
    I managed to get 3 instances done as a healer all of which were absolutely fantastic, the 3rd one I did in particular had a couple of very inventive boss battles that you'd only see in raid sections of WoW, yet this was 4 man.

Everyone pretty much had roles to fill from kiting, to activating items mid fight whilst the tank tanks and healer heals, when done properly it was clock work, was sometimes a relief to have bosses for pure tank and spank lol.

One thing I'm already missing is the music, the standard battle theme exceeded my expectations, but those boss battle themes holy heck! Also the Gridiania themes day and night time and Ul'dah at night is beautiful too. Too bad the NDA wont allow the OST on Youtube T_T

Edited by Slipstream at 01:40:46 17-06-2013
  • evandar 17 Jun 2013 13:51:47 275 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If a few people are playing, is anyone interested in picking an EU based server which could all play on? From the first page of the thread, sounds like some people are on Cerberus for beta.

The current servers marked EU (within the NA/EU category) are:
    Cerberus - Moogle - Odin - Shiva

Not sure if this will remain the same for the full release
  • Slipstream 17 Jun 2013 22:25:23 254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Slipstream 19 Jun 2013 22:34:49 254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right, so the FFXIV:ARR Loadestone is up and running now, get on there and show me your beta characters!

Here's mine ;)
    http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1613168/

Also my PSN ID: Ladsworth
  • brn 20 Jun 2013 08:32:52 232 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If anyone missed it: the next test will start friday morning 10 AM BST and go for 48 hrs.

and this is me: http://na.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1576284/

I will keep playing cerberus but that might change in Phase 4 if everyone has decided on another server.
  • Ror1984 20 Jun 2013 12:51:59 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, here's my character I created and then didn't get time to use.

Hopefully I'll be able to get on it this weekend!
  • seiryoden 20 Jun 2013 22:12:31 7 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This is my little lancer.

I'll switch to one of the EU servers for the next phase and the game itself.

Edited by seiryoden at 22:13:44 20-06-2013

Edited by seiryoden at 23:06:38 20-06-2013
  • Folant 20 Jun 2013 22:54:50 1,615 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No pants Fol

Have to admit, Marauder was a little bit boring. Gonna have a look at a mage class over the weekend, not generally fond of them but with a new MMO, I think it's OK to switch it up a little bit.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Ror1984 21 Jun 2013 20:43:22 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've just turned this off after about five hours on it. Had to tear myself away!

This is my first MMO, so I went in almost completely blind, and the UI at first made my head spin. It's remarkable how quickly I got used to it though. I managed to get up to LV7 and get my first assignment from the training chap at the Bannock, but had to leave it there to eat. I'm supposed to be going out for a drink tomorrow night, but all I want to do is stay in and play FFXIV - this is how it begins, isn't it!?

I really like the few FATEs I stumbled upon (even if I was underlevelled for one of them and couldn't really help out much), and I had an awesome moment when I stumbled upon a glade atop a small hill where about twenty of us just spent about half an hour killing Ixali, Funguars and Ladybugs. It wasn't a FATE, but it played out like one and it was a ton of fun.

I seem to be having a fair bit of trouble finding my way around Gridania - specifically finding places on the map when I'm told to go somewhere. When instructed to go to the Bannock, I spent about 30 minutes running around the city trying to find it, then remembered it was outside the exit where you first enter the city. If you're not in the same area as your objective, the map could do with telling you which exit you need. Perhaps it did and I somehow turned it off.

Also, the Lodestone doesn't seem to be updating - my character still displays as a LV1. I'm guessing they're having issues with it.
  • Agent_Llama 22 Jun 2013 09:18:18 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking forward to playing this again today. Only gripes so far are the huge UI with no option to scale it down, the awful map that I can hardly read due to the text being almost the same colour as the background, and the slightly dodgy framerate. I guess that will improve as it moves towards release - never done a beta before so not really sure what it's 'meant' to be like at the moment.

Edited by Agent_Llama at 09:18:41 22-06-2013

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Spectral 22 Jun 2013 09:58:30 5,024 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Agent_Llama wrote:
    Looking forward to playing this again today. Only gripes so far are the huge UI with no option to scale it down, the awful map that I can hardly read due to the text being almost the same colour as the background, and the slightly dodgy framerate. I guess that will improve as it moves towards release - never done a beta before so not really sure what it's 'meant' to be like at the moment.
    I've not played this yet but I wouldn't judge the final product on the beta as it sounds like they are doing this as a proper beta and not just an early access demo so many devs call beta's these days. I did beta test swtor and the difference between the beta for that and the final product were night and day.
  • Agent_Llama 22 Jun 2013 10:07:40 3,382 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Agent_Llama wrote:
    I've not played this yet but I wouldn't judge the final product on the beta as it sounds like they are doing this as a proper beta and not just an early access demo so many devs call beta's these days. I did beta test swtor and the difference between the beta for that and the final product were night and day.
    I thought that might be the case. Square have to get this right. So far, so good - the gameplay is great fun so far, and the world has a lot of character.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Ror1984 22 Jun 2013 13:07:10 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone had any difficulty targeting enemies during FATEs? I always end up first targeting a PC and then have to cycle through everyone before I end up on an enemy, by which time everyone else has killed it.

It's only happened in FATEs. Actually, come to think of it, it may have only happened when I wandered into a FATE that I was too low-level for, so maybe the game was purposely gimping me!
  • Ror1984 22 Jun 2013 21:59:45 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The server just booted me, causing me to fail a levequest :(
  • brn 23 Jun 2013 18:19:45 232 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    didn't have time to play much this weekend but tried out the botanic class. it's very grindy but still rewarding for some reason. went from lvl 1 to 8 in a few hours. just wondering what to do with all the ingredients. i hope i don't need a job to start crafting...
  • Slipstream 24 Jun 2013 15:21:18 254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Ror1984 Playing a healer, I used to have trouble targetting other players during FATES, but in the system menu there is a work around for this.

Next time you get a chance check this out, in the targetting tab you can set it so L1 + Square, X, Triangle or O have different targetting properties.

For example mine is set like this.

L1 + Square - ONLY targets friends when pressed, so healing non-party member sduring FATES became alot easier.

L1 + 0 - ONLY targets enemies, so you can scroll through the enemies without targetting allies!

L1 + Triangle - Targets ALL, as the name suggests, everything.

L1 + X - Party members only

Also if you hold L1 and Press in R3 you can go to mouse mode and use the curser to do stuff like you would on a PC.

It is all very innovative and well implemented, check it out!

Oh, I should probably add that above your health bar it lets you know what your cuirrent targetting settings are so you'll never not know what you're doing with that.

Edited by Slipstream at 15:22:41 24-06-2013
  • Ror1984 24 Jun 2013 17:30:09 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Slipstream Oh that's great, thanks for that! I didn't really mess around with the settings to be honest, but I'll definitely give that a go if I manage to get back on there.

On a related note, is there a testing calendar anywhere? When does phase 3 end? I know nothing!
  • seiryoden 24 Jun 2013 20:08:36 7 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Slipstream Thanks very much for this! I was sure there must be a way to do it, but I couldn't find it in the online instruction manual. Should make FATEs a little less chaotic.

@Ror1984: Apologies if you have his already: the beta forum testing schedule. They seem a little whimsical in updating it though.

10am Friday seems a long time off.

Edited by seiryoden at 20:13:19 24-06-2013
  • Ror1984 24 Jun 2013 20:30:16 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @seiryoden Cheers, I did see that, I was just wondering if there was any information for a bit further down the line - how many more test periods there will be for phase 3 etc. I guess it's still up in the air to some degree. I just want to dive back in!
  • seiryoden 24 Jun 2013 21:13:28 7 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ror1984 My understanding (for what it's worth) is that there will be one more 48 hour beta this coming weekend, then the week-long final phase 3 beta starting the weekend after, followed by the Phase 4 open beta running up to just before release; all this may have changed however.
  • Ror1984 24 Jun 2013 21:48:56 4,281 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @seiryoden Thanks for the info - I went into this whole thing blind. I just applied for a code and then completely forgot about it until I got the email! I never expected to get in, as I admitted in the survey that I'd never played an MMO before, so I can't imagine I'd have been an attractive beta testing candidate for them!

Phase 3 characters get deleted at the end of that phase, don't they?
  • seiryoden 24 Jun 2013 23:17:33 7 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ror1984 Same here, first ever MMO. Only realized I'd got in 10 hours before phase 3:1 ended.

Yes, all our lovingly raised phase 3 characters get wiped. Supposedly (failing a major fuck-up) phase 4 characters will carry through to the game itself.
  • Page

of 47 First / Last