Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Recommend a Friend Promotion Page 3

• Page

of 27 First / Last

• Malek86 4 Jun 2013 15:38:38 960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to try myself... as soon as my friend comes back online :p

But yeah, doesn't look like you can gift yourself the game. Not a big deal though, you could always just make up a new account.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 15:39:07 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I took a quick look through the T&Cs and I don't think it specifically says two Club Nintendo accounts but it's pretty heavily implied due to the whole "friend" thing. You may want to take a look through the banners on the main/My Account page, but yeah it's likely you can't get a free code yourself. Lame!
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:39:10 9,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Right, seeing as I sort of ballsed up the registration bit, I can't offer a download code but I can offer a recommendation code so first come first served.

You will need to register a 3DS to be able to use this code:

Recommendation Code: 1YEKHtqap9nRsovGPkui7EUF
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:40:40 9,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    I took a quick look through the T&Cs and I don't think it specifically says two Club Nintendo accounts but it's pretty heavily implied due to the whole "friend" thing. You may want to take a look through the banners on the main/My Account page, but yeah it's likely you can't get a free code yourself. Lame!
    4. Both participants must be members of Club Nintendo. Club Nintendo Terms and Conditions apply. For the use of Nintendo eShop the acceptance of the Nintendo 3DS Service User Agreement and Privacy Policy is required.

Trust me, I just registered a brand new 3DSXL on my account and it didn't let me use that code anywhere.
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:41:07 18 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Binky, did you also register the So Many Games?

And you thegofp?

Not sure how I bypassed that..
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:42:14 9,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yes, Animal Crossing on it's way to me :)
  • YenRug 4 Jun 2013 15:42:37 2,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Has anyone been able to generate a recommendation code from a freebie copy of MH, assuming gained in the 4 for 3 promo, yet?
  • INSOMANiAC 4 Jun 2013 15:43:07 3,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just make a new club nintendo account and gift it yourself assuming you have a 3ds code

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:44:20 18 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Has anyone been able to generate a recommendation code from a freebie copy of MH, assuming gained in the 4 for 3 promo, yet?
    Yeah, I did the promo before, registered 3 games and now this also worked.

So it works.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 15:45:22 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah it looks like pretty much every loophole works, sans gifting yourself MH3 from the same account.
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 15:45:39 960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And has anyone tried seeing if the gifted copy can get you a recommend code too?
  • YenRug 4 Jun 2013 15:46:50 2,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Right, seeing as I sort of ballsed up the registration bit, I can't offer a download code but I can offer a recommendation code so first come first served.

You will need to register a 3DS to be able to use this code:

Recommendation Code: 1YEKHtqap9nRsovGPkui7EUF
    Binky, do you mind if I claim this for Murbal (if no-one else has used it already)?

Otherwise he's going to have to wait for me to get my 3DS XL next week, with the risk I might not be able to generate a code for him.

If I can, I'll offer it on here instead.
  • INSOMANiAC 4 Jun 2013 15:46:56 3,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    how do you get a recommendation code, I cant see a link or anywhere on my page that offers it up???

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:47:30 18 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    how do you get a recommendation code, I cant see a link or anywhere on my page that offers it up???
    On the banner it should say "claim" or something.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 15:47:57 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    My Account section, check the banner at the top. You can scroll it to the right if it's not there immediately (mine had my So Many Games promo code until I scrolled it).
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:48:57 9,848 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @YenRug If nobody has used it, crack on sir.
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:49:35 18 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @thegofp So this still shows both codes? The Monster Hunter one AND the So Many Games one, right?

Just wanna make sure so I know where to find it when Animal Crossing's code comes. If you can, can you send screenshots?
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 15:50:25 960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    By the way, where do you insert the recommend code? I can't find any form.
  • INSOMANiAC 4 Jun 2013 15:53:29 3,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    it probably in the download section on the 3DS

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• YenRug 4 Jun 2013 15:53:46 2,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    From what I can make out, it sounds like you will get a chance to enter the rec code whilst registering the 3DS/XL.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 15:54:14 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    sahinerdogan wrote:
    @thegofp So this still shows both codes? The Monster Hunter one AND the So Many Games one, right?

Just wanna make sure so I know where to find it when Animal Crossing's code comes. If you can, can you send screenshots?

That's my My Account page as it currently stands. Sans the codes.

YenRug wrote:
    Malek86 wrote:
    From what I can make out, it sounds like you will get a chance to enter the rec code whilst registering the 3DS/XL.
    You can register your 3DS/XL now and do the recommendation code later, according to the promo website. It'll probably be a clickable banner in the My Account section. Everything's nestled in there somewhere.

Edited by thegofp at 15:55:22 04-06-2013
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:55:18 18 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    sahinerdogan wrote:

Brilliant. Thank you!
  • INSOMANiAC 4 Jun 2013 15:58:12 3,841 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @thegofp Ah yes, found it thanks, Ive got a recommendation code, Ive promised it to Angry man dan.

I would get whoever you give it to to link your club nintendo account (second one or first if you havent already done the 'so many games' promotion) in case it gives you it towards a free game, I only need one more code so I'm hoping this will register and I'll get my third free game!!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Malek86 4 Jun 2013 16:04:06 960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    You can register your 3DS/XL now and do the recommendation code later, according to the promo website. It'll probably be a clickable banner in the My Account section. Everything's nestled in there somewhere.
    Yeah, found it. As usual, it's not very immediate... same thing with the Layton download last year.
  • dudewheresmybrain 4 Jun 2013 16:16:12 671 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone worked out where you put the recommendation code yet to claim the free game?
  • YenRug 4 Jun 2013 16:18:01 2,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal's not sure if it's worked for him, or not. Account page banner is still prompting him to take part, but when he enters the code it's saying "already taken part"; not sure if it's just the site being slow to recognise everything, or if someone might have used Binky's code already.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 16:19:45 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds like somebody nabbed it already? Did it not work once?

Edited by thegofp at 16:20:56 04-06-2013
  • YenRug 4 Jun 2013 16:22:40 2,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Unfortunately, if it literally is saying "already taken part", it's stupidly vague message. Doesn't tell you if you've already successfully registered, or if someone else used it.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 16:24:47 169 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Malek, judging by your posts you've managed to do this promo successfully? What did you get? An "already taken part" message?

Registering Club Nintendo codes can be a massive pain, as if there's an issue they give you a generic "This code is expired" message. Turns out the code isn't expired, it's just for another region...
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 16:25:52 960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thegofp wrote:
    Malek, judging by your posts you've managed to do this promo successfully? What did you get? An "already taken part" message?

Registering Club Nintendo codes can be a massive pain, as if there's an issue they give you a generic "This code is expired" message. Turns out the code isn't expired, it's just for another region...
    Sorry, haven't managed to yet. I've only registered the console. My friend hasn't come back online yet (he's probably still at university or something), so I don't have the code. I'll tell you what happens once he gets me the code.

Edited by Malek86 at 16:26:21 04-06-2013
  • Page

of 27 First / Last