Registered 6 years ago
    @Angry_Man_Dan

I think they start tomorrow ill let you know when I get it

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• dudewheresmybrain 3 Jun 2013 20:45:13 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I dont suppose anyone whos just bought a 3DS wants to be an ultimate legend and register my recommendation code for me but send me the code for the free game? I registered my girlfriends 3DS last week so missed out on being able to do the promo and have mh3 registered on my club nintendo.

I'm happy to register the free game code on your club nintendo account so that you could hopefully use it towards the other free game promo

Edited by dudewheresmybrain at 07:43:06 04-06-2013
  • Angry_Man_Dan 3 Jun 2013 20:46:57 169 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Ok, no worries - thanks

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• YenRug 3 Jun 2013 21:05:11 2,123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    What I'm hoping Murbal and I can do, is this:

Murbal gave me his 3DS XL code to redeem (he wasn't logging codes, until the 4 for 3 promotion, so he's registered his MH3U), which I'm going to give back to him.

Murbal registered MH3U (although he sold it on) and is going to give me a referral code.

I'm getting an AC 3DS XL next week (fingers crossed that Zavvi honour the price I got it for) and will then register that alongside the referral code.

I will then use the download code to buy MH3U on my 3DS XL, then use that registration to generate a referral code which Murbal will use along with his 3DS XL code to get a download code for himself.

Knowing Nintendo, how feasible is this going to be? Will they have put error traps into the promotion to catch this sort of thing?
    I didnt get any points for my free game download... so it probably wont work, seems theyve wised up to it
    Did it show as a normally registered game, at least, even though you didn't get any points?
  • dudewheresmybrain 3 Jun 2013 21:14:47 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    What I'm hoping Murbal and I can do, is this:

Murbal gave me his 3DS XL code to redeem (he wasn't logging codes, until the 4 for 3 promotion, so he's registered his MH3U), which I'm going to give back to him.

Murbal registered MH3U (although he sold it on) and is going to give me a referral code.

I'm getting an AC 3DS XL next week (fingers crossed that Zavvi honour the price I got it for) and will then register that alongside the referral code.

I will then use the download code to buy MH3U on my 3DS XL, then use that registration to generate a referral code which Murbal will use along with his 3DS XL code to get a download code for himself.

Knowing Nintendo, how feasible is this going to be? Will they have put error traps into the promotion to catch this sort of thing?
    I didnt get any points for my free game download... so it probably wont work, seems theyve wised up to it
    Did it show as a normally registered game, at least, even though you didn't get any points?
    nope, didnt even appear in my list of registered games :(
  • RyanDS 3 Jun 2013 21:19:32 9,255 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Doesn't show in my list either.

Oh well.
  • RyanDS 3 Jun 2013 21:33:05 9,255 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And just after I said that it appeared in my list to register. Didn't offer me the option to get the free download though.
  • YenRug 3 Jun 2013 21:39:53 2,123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    And just after I said that it appeared in my list to register. Didn't offer me the option to get the free download though.
    I'm not sure when you'll be able to get the "recommend" code; Murbal said that he had to wait until tomorrow to get his code and I think it said, in the FAQ, that if your game was registered before the promotion becomes activated you can't get a code before the 4th.

If you are able to generate a recommended code from a freebie copy of MH, definitely post about it.
  • brokenkey 3 Jun 2013 22:17:49 6,984 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    T&Cs say that the promotion doesn't start until 23.01 tonight.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• dudewheresmybrain 3 Jun 2013 22:32:02 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I take it back, the game is showing in my Nintendo account with points, there was a delay though of at least a few days to a week
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 03:34:52 169 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Little note in the T&Cs:
    Product registrations for the participation in this promotion cannot be combined with other promotions.

Nintendo's online is pretty derpy though, this probably won't be enforced.

EDIT: And recommendation codes will be live for people who've already registered Monster Hunter at 3PM, so we'll know about combining promos then.

Edited by thegofp at 09:51:21 04-06-2013
  • dudewheresmybrain 4 Jun 2013 10:13:44 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Found a 3DS console code in a cupboard (luck!!) so I'm aiming to both register a 3DS XL tonight on another account to get the free copy of monster hunter and use that copy as my third game in the other promo so should be able to answer any questions about what works hopefully. Also aiming to register the MH code and get the other free game on the same account. Fingers crossed!

Edited by dudewheresmybrain at 10:15:04 04-06-2013
  • WinterSnowblind 4 Jun 2013 10:45:51 1,228 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is a pretty great deal. I got an XL a few weeks ago and haven't registered it yet. I was planning on either waiting for that new MMO or MH4, but I just paid half for a copy with a friend, which isn't bad.

I'm hoping at least the physical game code can be used for the free game promo too.
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 10:53:13 9,578 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Registered the game this morning and didn't see an option to download the donor code. Nor is there an option to request on in my account page.
  • YenRug 4 Jun 2013 11:13:42 2,123 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Registered the game this morning and didn't see an option to download the donor code. Nor is there an option to request on in my account page.

thegofp wrote:
    EDIT: And recommendation codes will be live for people who've already registered Monster Hunter at 3PM, so we'll know about combining promos then.
  • dudewheresmybrain 4 Jun 2013 11:14:13 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Says it should be there after 3 or 4pm today in the t&cs

I'm wondering where you put the recommendation code
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 11:16:17 653 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dudewheresmybrain wrote:
    Says it should be there after 3 or 4pm today in the t&cs

I'm wondering where you put the recommendation code
    Yeah, me too. I shared up with a friend, he should get his recommend code at 3PM, but I'm not sure where I should input it. Maybe in the usual product registration page?
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 11:28:55 9,578 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Will keep my eye open and won't register my 3DSXL until after then.

If it works I'll have a code up for grabs if anyone has anything they want to swap for?
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 11:32:52 653 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Will keep my eye open and won't register my 3DSXL until after then.

If it works I'll have a code up for grabs if anyone has anything they want to swap for?
    I registered my 3DS just this morning (I needed to see if my code was still valid)... but I don't think it should change anything. The terms said from yesterday at 23.01. If you are eligible for the terms, then you are eligible, they can't say anything about that.

Anyway, it's also possible that the input form for the redeem code will only go up at 3PM.
  • ciaranharte 4 Jun 2013 11:44:51 7 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi I would absolutely love a 3ds register code or a monster hunter reccommend code! Thanks, please pm me if your not going to use one of the codes and if its no trouble!!
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 11:45:32 169 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Input to get the recommendation code for those who have already registered Monster Hunter 3 goes live at 3PM.

If you haven't registered your MH3 yet, you can do it from now onward and you'll automatically get the recommendation code.

You can register your 3DS from now onward to be eligible.

As far as the prompt to enter the recommendation code goes, you may have to register a 3DS/XL before it even shows up. The So Many Games promo didn't appear on my Club Nintendo until I'd registered two games.

Think that covers everything.

I managed to snag a 3DS XL code from a friend, it's Australian region, but those sometimes work on Club Nintendo Europe, so here's hoping. Also just realized that between Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter 3 I'm going to need a new SD card.

Edited by thegofp at 11:45:57 04-06-2013
  • dudewheresmybrain 4 Jun 2013 12:32:28 662 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wonder if you can generate a recommendation code from the free game code for using another recommendation code!?
  • Malek86 4 Jun 2013 12:43:44 653 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @dudewheresmybrain that sounds unlikely. I don't think they are THAT stupid. Nonetheless, it's true that apparently they give you two codes (one for downloading and the other for registering the game) so I'll try and see what happens :o in particular, I'll try registering the game on my proper account, maybe it will work.
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 12:52:19 169 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have faith that Nintendo are in fact that stupid. Two hours 'til we find out!
  • thegofp 4 Jun 2013 15:09:50 169 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Promo's live. Just go to the My Account section (it had my Fire Emblem code) and hit the left button on the banner and there's a promo link. Clicked it and got the recommendation code straight after a quick survey. Gonna try redeem it now.

EDIT: Ha, classic Nintendo. Despite saying you're not allowed to combine promos, they show your So Many Games and MH code on the same banner afterward.

EDIT2: And unfortunately my 3DS XL code is from Australia and doesn't work on the UK account. So I still need a 3DS/XL code if anyone has one spare, can register the MH3U to your CN account so you get the points/So Many Games credit.

Edited by thegofp at 15:14:45 04-06-2013
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:31:33 18 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    thegofp wrote:
    Promo's live. Just go to the My Account section (it had my Fire Emblem code) and hit the left button on the banner and there's a promo link. Clicked it and got the recommendation code straight after a quick survey. Gonna try redeem it now.

EDIT: Ha, classic Nintendo. Despite saying you're not allowed to combine promos, they show your So Many Games and MH code on the same banner afterward.

EDIT2: And unfortunately my 3DS XL code is from Australia and doesn't work on the UK account. So I still need a 3DS/XL code if anyone has one spare, can register the MH3U to your CN account so you get the points/So Many Games credit.
    Yeah, it says you can't mix it, but I already claim my So Many Games! code. I got ACNL for next week, but it still let me use the MH3U code. Haha, silly!
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:32:01 9,578 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, yeah... I'm not sure I've done this right, else I'm thinking that you can't register the code to your account even if you're just now entering a registration code for a new console.

I've got my recommendation code, and then went to register my 3DS XL but at no point in the proceedings is there a space to redeem that code. Perhaps it HAS to be on a separate club nintendo account?

If you lot already know that then ignore me.
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:34:08 18 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @binky Think it may be on a separate account?
  • binky Moderator 4 Jun 2013 15:34:45 9,578 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah. My bad. Two club nintendo accounts needed. Oops :)
    Oh well, not done myself out of anything - was only going to offer the code here.

ALWAYS READ THE SMALL PRINT
  • sahinerdogan 4 Jun 2013 15:36:42 18 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I gave my code away.

It's still silly how it says it can't be used with other promos, but I already claimed my free code last week and it still let me get away with MH3U.
  • Page

of 27 First / Last