Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Recommend a Friend Promotion

• Page

of 27 First / Last

Previous
  • YenRug 3 Jun 2013 15:39:04 2,108 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Replacing the old Monster Hunter promo info, here's the current Animal Crossing: New Leaf one:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns/Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Welcome-a-Friend-Promotion/Animal-Crossing-New-Leaf-Welcome-a-Friend-Promotion-789519.html

Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Welcome a Friend Promotion

Thousands of mayors across Europe are already enjoying a new laidback life in Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS, and now you can introduce a friend to the fun with the Animal Crossing: New Leaf: Welcome a Friend Promotion!

If you register Animal Crossing: New Leaf with Club Nintendo before 22:59 (UK time) on 7th September, you’ll be able to receive a Recommendation Code which you can pass along to a friend. If your friend registers a Nintendo 3DS XL* system between 23:01 (UK time) on 6th August and 22:59 (UK time) on 7th October 2013, and enters the Recommendation Code before 22:59 (UK time) on 7th October 2013, he/she will be eligible to claim a free Download Code for Animal Crossing: New Leaf on Nintendo 3DS!

Animal Crossing: New Leaf is even more fun with friends: get together to trade rare items and fruit, have a fishing face-off, or do anything else you like!
    * emphasis is mine

How to claim.

FAQ

Terms & Conditions

I would just like to say: if you're planning to register on here for the first time just to come into this thread and ask for a recommendation code, do NOT be surprised or offended when long-term members tell you to go away. We know everyone likes to grab the chance for a freebie, but most of us prefer to reward those people who have shown some kind of commitment to the community, now matter how dysfunctional, on here.

To that end, if you see someone on here offering a code and they don't specifically mention that they welcome newbies asking for it, don't go PM'ing them; ask in the thread, by all means, but don't start throwing a hissy fit if you get told that you have no chance.

Edited by YenRug at 14:55:47 09-08-2013
  • Alastair 3 Jun 2013 15:42:28 15,569 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, based on what INOSOMNiAC posted earlier, any of us could do this by registering our 3DS XL to a new Club Nintendo account.. and then getting a code from a friendly EGer?

Not as nice as I used to be

• binky Moderator 3 Jun 2013 15:45:56 9,561 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm going to register a new 3DSXL tonight.... (I also have the game already), but I don't mind helping someone get a code if it doesn't affect anything to do with my register 3 games thingy.
  • RyanDS 3 Jun 2013 15:47:34 9,165 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How annoying.  I really want that game but registered last week.
  • binky Moderator 3 Jun 2013 15:52:48 9,561 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Alastair 3 Jun 2013 15:53:33 15,569 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I registered my new 3DS last week - what a pisser!
    I have suggested to my wife that my son really wants to get me MHU for Father's Day. ;)

Not as nice as I used to be

• RyanDS 3 Jun 2013 15:54:46 9,165 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not really to be honest.  I was actually popping into game after work to pick up donkey Kong which will then give me monster Hunter for free.  In which case I will have a spare code tonight if anyone wants. ..
  • binky Moderator 3 Jun 2013 15:55:32 9,561 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Not really to be honest.  I was actually popping into game after work to pick up donkey Kong which will then give me monster Hunter for free.  In which case I will have a spare code tonight if anyone wants. ..
    Just realised it wouldn't work that way anyway. The receiver of the gift must register the 3DS before getting the code. So I'll hush :)
  • Malek86 3 Jun 2013 15:59:37 577 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is pretty interesting! I still have a 3DS to register, so if someone who bought the game were willing to give me a code, that would be great.

On a side note, if anyone can do the same, remember not to register your 3DS today, because the promotion starts at midnight.

Edited by Malek86 at 16:00:10 03-06-2013

Edited by Malek86 at 16:02:00 03-06-2013
  • thegofp 3 Jun 2013 16:01:31 169 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This sucks. I actually had a spare 3DS XL registration code. Two of them. And registered both of them for points last month.
  • Malek86 3 Jun 2013 16:03:29 577 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @thegofp I thought Nintendo didn't allow you to register the same product twice? That's why I still have my red 3DS code. I tried registering, and it said I already had that product in my account (the black 3DS I bought at launch).
  • YenRug 3 Jun 2013 16:04:12 2,108 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Murbal and myself might be able to wrangle a copy each, out of this, it all depends on what error traps Nintendo have built into it...
  • thegofp 3 Jun 2013 16:05:37 169 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @thegofp I thought Nintendo didn't allow you to register the same product twice? That's why I still have my red 3DS code. I tried registering, and it said I already had that product in my account (the black 3DS I bought at launch).
    I thought the register twice didn't apply for consoles? I've got a 3DS and two XLs (friend gave me his code) registered all on one account.

Also, I know it's a longshot, but if someone has a free 3DS registration code they're not using, I have an Animal Crossing club nintendo code coming (I've got the free game, I'd register it to your Club Nintendo) if anyone was interested in a trade.

Edited by thegofp at 16:10:14 03-06-2013

Edited by thegofp at 16:14:14 03-06-2013
  • Malek86 3 Jun 2013 16:07:42 577 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @thegofp Uhm, I'm sending you a PM.
  • INSOMANiAC 3 Jun 2013 16:13:34 3,829 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Registered my 3ds XL yesterday. Excellent ...

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• brokenkey 3 Jun 2013 16:50:49 6,975 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have 2 unregisterd 3DSs, and 2 Unregisterd copies of monster hunter. Happy to share the love, although I was planning on not registering the second until I've sourced 1 more code from the So Many Games promotion. If anyone can help me out there.....

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• thegofp 3 Jun 2013 17:16:31 169 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    I have 2 unregisterd 3DSs, and 2 Unregisterd copies of monster hunter. Happy to share the love, although I was planning on not registering the second until I've sourced 1 more code from the So Many Games promotion. If anyone can help me out there.....
    I have a Donkey Kong Country Returns code coming in the mail in the next few days, if you were interested in that I'd need a MH3U code in return... which is for the free game promo, which would be an Animal Crossing, of which the registration I can do under any 3DS account.

I don't actually need a MH3U referral code, my friend has it registered, the 3DS code is the main one... but if you've got two unregistered copies I'm assuming you'd want a different game instead of one of those? Main thing I need is the a 3DS/XL code.

Edited by thegofp at 17:24:15 03-06-2013
  • brokenkey 3 Jun 2013 17:28:05 6,975 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    yeah, I need both of the MHU codes for the free game promo (and at the same time generate two referal codes - which aren't any use to me).

The 3DS codes can be used to generate two redeem the two referral codes.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• INSOMANiAC 3 Jun 2013 17:34:24 3,829 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Someone can happily have a free monster hunter off me. IF they link my club nintendo account so I get the registration towards my free game....

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• thegofp 3 Jun 2013 17:34:46 169 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh you're using a multiple account thing? That's cool. Really just interested in a 3DS code if you can spare one, I'll have an Animal Crossing code on release day if you're interested.

Hell, if someone hooks me up with a 3DS code I'll register the Monster Hunter to there account too, if they'd like that. I'm all finished with needing promo codes.

Edited by thegofp at 17:36:17 03-06-2013

Edited by thegofp at 17:36:43 03-06-2013
  • YenRug 3 Jun 2013 17:40:38 2,108 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What I'm hoping Murbal and I can do, is this:

Murbal gave me his 3DS XL code to redeem (he wasn't logging codes, until the 4 for 3 promotion, so he's registered his MH3U), which I'm going to give back to him.

Murbal registered MH3U (although he sold it on) and is going to give me a referral code.

I'm getting an AC 3DS XL next week (fingers crossed that Zavvi honour the price I got it for) and will then register that alongside the referral code.

I will then use the download code to buy MH3U on my 3DS XL, then use that registration to generate a referral code which Murbal will use along with his 3DS XL code to get a download code for himself.

Knowing Nintendo, how feasible is this going to be? Will they have put error traps into the promotion to catch this sort of thing?
  • thegofp 3 Jun 2013 17:44:44 169 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's no reason that shouldn't work. Nintendo's promotional codes work just like regular download codes, and register just like normal ones. Unless they've changed it from the 4 for 3, which I highly doubt.
  • emeraldfox7 3 Jun 2013 17:47:37 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Hi
    I'd be really grateful if someone had a spare 3DS club nintendo code i could register with. I got my 3DS second hand and it never came with one. I've been searching online all day!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Jun 2013 17:47:49 37,679 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I just registered MH and a new 3DSXL on my club Nintendo account yesterday so hopefully I'll get a code to share too.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• INSOMANiAC 3 Jun 2013 17:51:48 3,829 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @emeraldfox7 Well good luck registering on here purely to get a code off someone which gives away a free game!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• hypoBla5t 3 Jun 2013 19:54:43 1,388 posts
    Seen 38 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a long shot, but if anyone wants to gizza code for MH3U, basically I'm getting the AC special ed. XL on the 14th and I could give someone the code from the game to register towards the buy 3 get one free promo if it's still running then. So in a way they'd kinda be getting a free game too.

I did say it's a long shot!! If anyone is interested then throw me a PM or something.
  • RyanDS 3 Jun 2013 19:57:36 9,165 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    It's a long shot, but if anyone wants to gizza code for MH3U, basically I'm getting the AC special ed. XL on the 14th and I could give someone the code from the game to register towards the buy 3 get one free promo if it's still running then. So in a way they'd kinda be getting a free game too.

I did say it's a long shot!! If anyone is interested then throw me a PM or something.
    I just downloaded MH as my free game. If I get a code I will send it across.
  • Murbal 3 Jun 2013 20:34:44 22,053 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'd still appreciate a donation as I'm not entirely certain that yenrugs plan will work. ;-)
  • dudewheresmybrain 3 Jun 2013 20:40:37 661 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    What I'm hoping Murbal and I can do, is this:

Murbal gave me his 3DS XL code to redeem (he wasn't logging codes, until the 4 for 3 promotion, so he's registered his MH3U), which I'm going to give back to him.

Murbal registered MH3U (although he sold it on) and is going to give me a referral code.

I'm getting an AC 3DS XL next week (fingers crossed that Zavvi honour the price I got it for) and will then register that alongside the referral code.

I will then use the download code to buy MH3U on my 3DS XL, then use that registration to generate a referral code which Murbal will use along with his 3DS XL code to get a download code for himself.

Knowing Nintendo, how feasible is this going to be? Will they have put error traps into the promotion to catch this sort of thing?
    I didnt get any points for my free game download... so it probably wont work, seems theyve wised up to it
  • Angry_Man_Dan 3 Jun 2013 20:41:15 165 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC If the MH code is still available, I'd happily link it to your account so you can get the registration towards the free game. I doubt I'll be taking advantage of the offer as there's only Luigi's Mansion that I'm particularly interested in and I bought that today!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• Page

of 27 First / Last

Previous