3DS Free Game - Hint/Tip

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • INSOMANiAC 2 Jun 2013 12:44:33 3,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just a little tip for you, once you've got your three registered games and you get a code for your fourth, free game, open a new club nintendo account and link your 3DS to that before you download the game and it'll count as one of the games in the promotion, getting you one step closer to another free game.

Might be handy for some, I did it myself. Basically means you can get two free games if you have 5. You can only get one free game per club nintendo account so you'll need to open another anyway if you have a few.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• brokenkey 2 Jun 2013 13:44:28 7,112 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oh, now that is a handytip. But can you have 2 club nintendo accounts linked to a single 3DS? (or indeed two 3DSs, with 1 club nintendo account.

ie, if you have two games downloaded to a single 3DS, aren't they looking at the registered club nintendo account to validate the licence, or is it more like xbox where once you've downloaded it you can play it regardless of who is logged in?

Edited by brokenkey at 13:51:06 02-06-2013

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• INSOMANiAC 2 Jun 2013 14:02:59 3,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    you can have one club nintendo account on up to 5 3DS, they are just for points, they dont really mean anything special to the machine itself, I just unlinked my first one, linkeed the second to get my registration of the game then relinked my old one.

You really think Nintendo have the infrastructure to organise something as futuristic as tied accounts or account specific download codes? haha

The code for the free game appears to just be a retail serial number

Also worth noting, you can use the same game if its the digital and physical version, I used Luigis mansion digital and physicals on the same account

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 14:10:58 02-06-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• GamesConnoisseur 3 Jun 2013 12:47:40 420 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whats up with this free game email not getting through? I registered my three games to linked club Nintendo account and all shown up as registered, I filled in the form to claim the free game and chosen Monster Hunter 3DS.

Was told to wait for an email confirming the free game with a code or summat, I m still waiting over a week since that info!
  • INSOMANiAC 3 Jun 2013 13:13:46 3,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got mine within a few hours. Log in to your club nintemdo account and it'll be in the top left corner of the screen if its come througj

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Alastair 3 Jun 2013 13:15:30 16,245 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    Just a little tip for you, once you've got your three registered games and you get a code for your fourth, free game, open a new club nintendo account and link your 3DS to that before you download the game and it'll count as one of the games in the promotion, getting you one step closer to another free game.
    Does this mean that my 3DS XL and Fire Emblem count as 2 games, and I only need to register one more to qualify for the free code?
  • INSOMANiAC 3 Jun 2013 13:41:09 3,841 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ? No

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Alastair 3 Jun 2013 14:02:36 16,245 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahh, I've now re-read your post and I see what you mean. The free game then counts as one of the games in the promotion on your new account.
    I read it that the 3DS counts, which did sound a bit odd...
  • GamesConnoisseur 3 Jun 2013 15:57:15 420 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In5omaniac

Thanks, hecked back on Club Nintendo website and there's it is, I was ruddy expecting an email via ordinary sale confirmed, codes, links as by any other retailers but no on actual club Nintendo website!

Ok cheers for that, downloading now, just in time for my 6 hrs train journey tomorrow!
  • spamdangled 18 Jun 2013 00:30:13 27,421 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Quick question about this:

I bought Luigi's Mansion 2 and DKCR at retail. Today, I purchased and downloaded Animal Crossing through the eshop. My 3DS is linked to my Club Nintendo account, but my Animal Crossing purchase isn't showing up. How long does it take for it to be updated? I'm assuming it automatically recognises and registers eshop purchases given that you don't get a redeemable code when you buy something.

Have I done something wrong? Does it take ages to update your account? Why is Nintendo still a decade behind everyone else when it comes to creating a simple, integrated service that just works without creating confusion?

I want my free game!

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:30:34 18-06-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Gold1877 18 Jun 2013 00:34:42 459 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Usually takes a couple of hours to show on your registered list of games, Try signing out of CN & back in again.

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• Kangoo 19 Jun 2013 15:32:36 1,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up, managed to get 2 'free' games. Had 4 off the list anyway and AC made it 5 so seemed silly not to take advantage of Nintendo's generosity.

Now just have to stop playing AC but that is another story.

PSN: Adwab2

• Page

of 1

Previous Next