Buyer's Remorse Thread Page 2

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Tonka 2 Jun 2013 08:18:36 20,825 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PUK for my phone.
    I thought it was a puzzle game rather than a twitch game. Shame on me

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• nickthegun 2 Jun 2013 08:20:42 60,517 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My Galaxy S3. They were out of iPhone 5s and I wanted a shiny then and there.

In retrospect, a week was probably an ok time to wait to wait..

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 2 June 2013 08:27:54
    Dark Souls. Even for 8.99 I've been robbed.

Horrible horrible game.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Jun 2013 08:29:24 7,716 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    wtf
  • PrivateFloyd 2 Jun 2013 08:33:42 4,182 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is that a joke post Hairy Arse.

Shit just got real.

Goat is hungry.....

• TarickStonefire 2 Jun 2013 08:35:07 3,242 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Star Command on iOS. Only 3, but what a complete waste. Utter crap.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Mola_Ram 2 Jun 2013 08:35:15 7,716 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    God fucking damnit I broke another monocle out of shock. I need to start buying them in bulk.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2013 08:36:19
    No I think it's a terrible game.
  • skuzzbag 2 Jun 2013 08:37:00 5,651 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Diablo 3. Paid top whack for it but unfortunately bought Torchlight 2 and realised that T2 was more my style of ARPG.
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Jun 2013 08:50:01 5,291 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have only ever owned a SNES, N64, GameCube (two of them!), a Wii and Xbox 360.

... yeah, I was Nintendo fanboy for a lloonngg time and through my daft ignorance, I missed out on LOTS of incredible games on the PSone and PS2.

My neighbour had a PSone and he was nice enough to let me borrow it off him a couple of times (when he visited his Father in San Francisco at the time) to play the Final Fantasy games.

I guess my 'buyers remorse' would be not buying a PlayStation console.
  • CharlieStCloud 2 Jun 2013 09:00:00 5,291 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:

Horrible horrible game.
    *deep breath*

Nnnnnoooooooooo!

: (
  • Syrette 2 Jun 2013 09:03:08 43,792 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago

• DUFFMAN5 2 Jun 2013 09:04:11 15,002 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:

Horrible horrible game.
    All I wanted from a DS game was a proper save system, anywhere anytime anyplace like 90% of RPG's or action RPG's all this hardcore bullshit. You don't HAVE to save, but for those of us that don't have the time, but would enjoy the world it is a real shame that we didn't get one.

Once one was mooted for Dark Souls some of the diehard fans went nuts, just don't get it.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:04:52 02-06-2013

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• PrivateFloyd 2 Jun 2013 09:05:51 4,182 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

Goat is hungry.....

• TarickStonefire 2 Jun 2013 09:06:55 3,242 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That handheld retro emulator console thing. GP32X or something? Got all excited about the promise of all those cool Sega and Nintendo etc games on a portable console, got one, decided that actually I don't play those games any more for a reason, never really used it.

Still, i enjoyed geeking out downloading and setting up games and giving them a blast again. :D

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:07:21 02-06-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• boo 2 Jun 2013 09:40:02 11,846 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think the only 'buyers' regret I've had was about 6 years ago when I got caught up in the hype for the new Pro Evo.
    Paid full price to get it on day one, at which point I remembered that I don't like football games because I'm rubbish at them.

Biggest regret was selling a C64 with a 1541 drive and a pile of original software because 'I was bored with it'.
    Been kicking myself ever since over that.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Jacksie66 2 Jun 2013 09:44:12 574 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Paying €680 for the ps3 on launch day and having about 5 games to play all year cos that's all there was...
    Ohhh, gone are the days are Celtic tiger, plumbing fueled impulse buying...
  • Maturin 2 Jun 2013 09:44:15 3,105 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My Nintendo 64. Hardly used the thing. Thankfully I got back most of what I paid for the bundle given I'd bought it using staff discount and people were clamouring for copies of GoldenEye and Ocarina of Time.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 Jun 2013 10:16:38 38,744 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can send DS to me if you want Hairy. I regretted trading it in :)

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• ZuluHero 2 Jun 2013 10:25:30 4,204 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:

Horrible horrible game.
    All I wanted from a DS game was a proper save system, anywhere anytime anyplace like 90% of RPG's or action RPG's all this hardcore bullshit. You don't HAVE to save, but for those of us that don't have the time, but would enjoy the world it is a real shame that we didn't get one.

Once one was mooted for Dark Souls some of the diehard fans went nuts, just don't get it.
    Normally I'd agree but its all part of the dark experience. I don't think that finding a bonfire or opening a shortcut, or defeating an enemy or exploring in unknown areas or pushing outside your comfort zone would have quite the same impact.

Besides you can save anywhere, anytime and turn off the game to return to later. You just can't choose to reload that save as much as you like.

On topic, I think I'd have buyers remorse if the dark games suddenly had a save system that allowed you to reload as much as you liked.
  • Trafford 2 Jun 2013 10:26:58 5,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deadly Premonition, bought it in town yesterday with a payday smell of games in my nostrils. Got the kids a game and away I went.
    I don't need it, I need the 17 quid I paid.
  • Deleted user 2 June 2013 10:35:19
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    You can send DS to me if you want Hairy. I regretted trading it in :)
    I downloaded it, mate. Persevering with it at the moment but it's far from the shining beacon of awesomeness it's held up to be.
  • Syrette 2 Jun 2013 10:40:44 43,792 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Trafford wrote:
    Deadly Premonition, bought it in town yesterday with a payday smell of games in my nostrils. Got the kids a game and away I went.
    I don't need it, I need the 17 quid I paid.
    I had renter's remorse with that, one of the very games this gen that I've abandoned because it's just too lacking in quality for me to enjoy it.

Apparently, if you stick with it, you can learn to love it. But I haven't got that kind of patience and some of its flaws are pretty ingrained in the game (camera, combat etc).

• PazJohnMitch 2 Jun 2013 10:48:34 8,351 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I regretted buying a PS2 for most of the generation and used an Xbox instead. (Opinion changed at the end when I took it to China for 6 months to finish FFXII and a pile of exclusives I had bought but not played).

Also had huge buyers remorse buying a 3DS at launch. Luigi's mansion is slowly getting me over it but still wish I had waited for the XL.
  • Trafford 2 Jun 2013 10:49:20 5,884 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    17 fucking pounds of Marmite.
  • dominalien 2 Jun 2013 10:50:13 7,021 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:

Horrible horrible game.

Normally I'd agree but its all part of the dark experience. I don't think that finding a bonfire or opening a shortcut, or defeating an enemy or exploring in unknown areas or pushing outside your comfort zone would have quite the same impact.

Besides you can save anywhere, anytime and turn off the game to return to later. You just can't choose to reload that save as much as you like.

On topic, I think I'd have buyers remorse if the dark games suddenly had a save system that allowed you to reload as much as you liked.
    Precisely, the game saves constantly and you always start exactly where you left off. That it also saves when you die is part of the difficulty. And in a game that takes pride in being punishing, that is the correct way to go about that.

Dark Souls was actually easier than Demon's in that your healing flasks were restored when you rested at a bonfire. In Demon's, it was perfectly possible to run out of herbs while trying to tackle a boss so you'd need to go looking for some more before you could get back at it.

Demon's was better.

PSN: DonOsito

• Progguitarist 2 Jun 2013 10:51:31 10,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think this'll be a busy thread around October/November
  • yegon 2 Jun 2013 10:51:51 5,335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Most recently, Soul Sacrifice. I really do not get along with that game :(. I'll give it another go sometime in the future maybe.

Edited by yegon at 10:52:11 02-06-2013
  • dominalien 2 Jun 2013 10:54:30 7,021 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't actually have any buyer's remorse, but my game buying has been pretty out of control lately. I want to play all those games, but I'm increasingly convinced I never will. Ni No Kuni, Deadly Premonition, Atelier Totori, DoA5+, PoPTFS, KOTOR on iPad are just a few of the games I'd bought recently, played for a bit and put on the "will get back to, eventually" pile.

I'm firmly convinced I need therapy.

PSN: DonOsito

• Kay 2 Jun 2013 11:00:57 17,928 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Buyers remorse with Dark Souls? And for just 8? Well I never.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last