Buyer's Remorse Thread Page 6

• Page

of 6 First / Last

Next
  • D_arkTrooper 5 Jun 2013 16:34:09 1,337 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    For me in no particular order:

Wii - Bought it off a mate at work after the Mrs (at the time) had one. Bought a load of games and controllers etc. Played it a couple of times and sold it (but not the games, still got them here gathering dust).

GameBoy Color - Seemed like a fantastic idea at the time. Bought a few games, played them once or twice and it got cast aside never to be seen again.

DreamCast - Thought this looked awesome and mate convinced me to get one. Did so and Sega and everyone else dropped support for it. Bought all the decent sounding games I could get and lent it to the Mrs (at the time). Hardly played it and she still has it to this day (I think).

Commodore 64 - First machine I bought with my own money after I started work. Brought up with a Spectrum, was dazzled by my mates all colour C64 so thought I HAD to have one. Had disk drive but could hardly get hold of any games and those which I did get always turned out faulty. Total waste of money and was soon replaced with Amiga 500 (excellent choice).

3DO - Massively impressed with the graphics and thought this was the future of gaming so blew 400 on one when it was released. Did enjoy what little there was on offer....but Jesus wept...400 back then!!!!!

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• drip 5 Jun 2013 18:34:52 4,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    D_arkTrooper wrote:

GameBoy Color - Seemed like a fantastic idea at the time. Bought a few games, played them once or twice and it got cast aside never to be seen again.
    I just thought about this this week. As a kid, I thought it would be the greatest thing ever if it had colours, but I think that original monochrome (or 4-shades-of-gray-or-whatever) Game Boy was perfectly fine for mobile gaming. I mean, the Game Gear had impressive colour graphics, but was it better than the Game Boy?

Super Mario Land and Gargoyle's Quest don't need colours, I even think colours take a bit away of the original spark. Similar to how I prefer SMB1's original graphics to the 16-bit upgrade of Super Mario All-Stars. Can't really tell what it is, but it's not quite the same.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 18:35:48 05-06-2013
  • PhoenixFlames 5 Jun 2013 19:48:24 9,227 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Xbone and PS4. I'm from the future.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• oconnomiyaki 8 Jun 2013 04:38:50 245 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just bought the collector's edition of Colonial Marines. It was 25 quid shipped and I did it for the statue but I already feel bad about it.
  • themanfromdelmonte 8 Jun 2013 16:18:17 591 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Amiga 1200 and CD32. Bought the 1200, but the temptation to pirate games was too great, so I swapped it for a CD32, as I knew I was damaging its future. By that time it was already doomed though.
  • Tomo 8 Jun 2013 20:28:20 13,965 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PS Vita for me. I bought it at launch, played it for about 2 weeks, and it's been in my drawer ever since. There's just fuck all on it that interests me or that I can't get elsewhere.

Still, it's taught me a lesson about getting the shinies too easily.
  • Carlo 13 Jun 2013 22:31:09 18,182 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bump for the PS4 and XBone preorders out there.

PSN ID: Djini

• DuaneW 13 Jun 2013 23:42:09 91 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought a wii u and 4 games today, to go with the ps4 I ordered yesterday. I have problems. I don't even have time to play through backlog of ps3 and vita games. I think I spend more time buying games than I do playing them!

Edit: and 3DS/wii backlog :s

Edited by DuaneW at 23:43:42 13-06-2013
  • Gold1877 14 Jun 2013 00:25:50 459 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Which games did you have Duane?

PSN - Gold1877

Xbox live - Gold1877

• munki83 14 Jun 2013 07:03:36 1,447 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I can only justify buying a console if

a) its made by Nintendo. I'm a big fan of Nintendo games and know that there will be some fantastic Nintendo games made for the console. There wasnt much on the 3ds till this year.

B) there is more than 10 games out for it that I want to play and buy. I don't know why I say 10 but I think its a good round number.

I've never traded in a console as you never know what games will be released in the future for it
  • DuaneW 14 Jun 2013 08:21:02 91 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Wolves1877 presume you mean for the wii u? bought zombiu, Mario, lego undercover and Nintendoland
  • dr_swin 14 Jun 2013 08:58:48 4,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any number of shite plastic peripherals and curios that now live in my garage in a trunk. 2 pairs of crap bongos, that darkwind motion control thing with the strings, trance vibrator, rockband keyboard(it'll help me learn the keyboard - honest), force feedback joysticks with no software support, expensive 5.1 triton headphones with no useable drivers and countless impulse buy games still wrapped in cellophane.
  • Forrestfield 14 Jun 2013 11:08:26 7 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Battlefield 3 Limited Edition & Battlefield 3 Premium.

The computer version has the player jumping through too many hoops. To switch between play modes the player has to switch back to BattleLog in the web browser, select the mode, browse for a server and "relaunch" Battlefield 3. It is just a right out pain. Paid 30,-.

PlayStation Vita

Touched it a bit the first week, then it fell into obscurity. Nothing on there that I could get invested in. Didn't help that the device itself was uncomfortable to my hands.
  • b0rk 14 Jun 2013 11:13:40 2,942 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    D_arkTrooper wrote:
    For me in no particular order:

Wii - Bought it off a mate at work after the Mrs (at the time) had one. Bought a load of games and controllers etc. Played it a couple of times and sold it (but not the games, still got them here gathering dust).

DreamCast - Thought this looked awesome and mate convinced me to get one. Did so and Sega and everyone else dropped support for it. Bought all the decent sounding games I could get and lent it to the Mrs (at the time). Hardly played it and she still has it to this day (I think).

Commodore 64 - First machine I bought with my own money after I started work. Brought up with a Spectrum, was dazzled by my mates all colour C64 so thought I HAD to have one. Had disk drive but could hardly get hold of any games and those which I did get always turned out faulty. Total waste of money and was soon replaced with Amiga 500 (excellent choice).

3DO - Massively impressed with the graphics and thought this was the future of gaming so blew 400 on one when it was released. Did enjoy what little there was on offer....but Jesus wept...400 back then!!!!!
    Regret purchasing a C64!? You need a slap. :D
  • nickthegun 14 Jun 2013 11:15:49 61,118 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you bought it when you could/should have had an amiga, i can see why.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Syrette 1 Jul 2013 23:26:49 44,101 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago

:cry:

edit; Tearaway and PS4 remote play alone will eradicate said remorse, but they're still some way off...

Edited by Syrette at 23:33:56 01-07-2013

• Deleted user 1 July 2013 23:38:22
    Why don't you play some games on it? Hotline Miami is sexual.
  • Progguitarist 1 Jul 2013 23:40:13 10,509 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wii U. Awful console.
  • zoolophage 2 Jul 2013 12:44:22 2,049 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I regret rebuying the 360 after my first one broke. At that point I should have realised that, apart from some good times on guitar hero, rock band and a couple of other games, I'm just not that into a lot of the types of games that I imagine I will like.

All said and done, I like rpg, paradox historical games on the pc and nintendo first party stuff. Despite thinking they are cool, I will never truly like or have the time to devote to sports, fps, or driving games. I guess in the end you need to honestly evaluate what you truly enjoy gaming wise and stick with that.

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• jabberwoky 2 Jul 2013 17:29:30 527 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My first 2 pc's from back in the day when they were 1000 plus, unreliable and out of date in weeks.

Amstrad 6128.

Got really hammered by these. Everything else has been cool since then computer/console wise.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last

Next