Monster Hunter 4

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • oldschoolsoviet 31 May 2013 16:23:43 5,415 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Reveal trailer here.

Mooted for end of year in JP, unconfirmed for the rest of us.

Not much there regarding the new direction and extra platforming that was mooted in thon concept trailer a while back, and although the fans will be relieved at that, it is just too damn familiar looking. Yet another wasted opportunity ?

Tidbits include the new frozen icecap area, new monsters (using recycled attacks sigh) and the plot of travelling to various villages by caravan (which I'll wager is hinted but never utilised fully).

Overall, it seems I'll be sighing heavily for days over this once proud franchise........
  • Alastair 1 Jun 2013 12:44:13 14,954 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks good to me - new weapons, new monsters, new hunting grounds... What new things were you hoping for?
    Plus online confirmed. I for one am quite looking forward to it.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Raiko101 1 Jun 2013 12:48:35 5,545 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm hoping it looks better on the console than it does on my laptop. I wish this game would adopt a more cartoony look, just to soften the pixelation in the textures.

Besdies that, the trailer was awesome!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Burto83 2 Jun 2013 11:12:28 77 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    looks good hopefully we wont have to wait ages for a release
  • Raiko101 30 Jun 2013 15:13:54 5,545 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I stumbled across a gallery of screenshots, which look more impressive than some of the trailer footage has. In a way, i'm kinda glad we'll not see this game for a while. I'm nowhere near completing Monster Hunter 3 yet.

Linky

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• ProfessorLesser 30 Jun 2013 16:16:35 19,349 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    God I want to start playing MH again.

Some of those weapon styles look pretty cool!

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 16:20:21 30-06-2013
  • Alastair 9 Sep 2013 16:45:57 14,954 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's the likelihood of any Monster Hunter games coming out on PS4?
    It could sway me towards getting one rather than an XBox One.

Not as nice as I used to be

• DFawkes 9 Sep 2013 16:58:10 22,064 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Though it's only a guess, I'd think it'd be more likely they'd do similar to 3 and do a Vita/PS4 release, perhaps of 4 Ultimate or similar. Their success with MH on PSP in Japan will most likely make Sony the preferred partner. As I say, just a guess.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• oldschoolsoviet 9 Sep 2013 18:11:05 5,415 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More than likely that core titles will stay on Nintendo portables for the near future, cash cow happiness while the Vita circulates in low numbers.

There's this MMO, utilising CryEngine 3, designed for China's PC crowd, but with strong rumours towards a Western release.....

Whether it'll make the PS4/One, who knows. PS4 will be likelier, given the miniscule presence of MS over there. I suppose Frontier was bought to be 360/JP exclusive, to try and change that, but failed miserably both in awkward sub models and nobody wanting a 360.
  • DFawkes 10 Sep 2013 13:41:54 22,064 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just catching up a bit, and saw the Japanese Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo Direct.

Not sure if it's serious, but it shows a monster eating a familiar Mario style Super Mushroom and going Super. Without knowing if that's serious I'm not sure how it'd work. I think it'd be cool if you could lay one out for a monster, who'd eat it and gain size, health and maybe extra power, but you get double the drops off of them and increase chances of rarer bits. I'm just making that up though - as I say, don't know it it's serious.

What definitely is in is Mario and Luigi costumes for your Felyne companions. Nothing serious, just a little bit of fun. There'll also be DLC with Link's costume and a Master Sword. I assume it'll have specific strengths and weaknesses like any armour.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Page

of 1

Previous Next