Battling Dragons and Mythical Beasts! Who Will Win???

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • TDE-Admin 25 May 2013 11:41:11 5 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Welcome all!

We are The Dragon Empire, a browser-based, free-to-play, virtual pet breeding game where players breed dragons and beasts in over 16 million colors with a variety of markings and mutations.

For years we have dedicated ourselves to improving The Dragon Empire for our players enjoyment and we aren't about to stop now! In keeping with that, we are asking for help with our kickstarter!

The newest expansion venture for The Dragon Empire is to add "The Hallows Arena", a turn-based combat feature where players will breed and battle dragons and beasts against others and where rankings and gold nuggets are earned, NOT purchased!

The first feature to be delivered will be the "Training" section where players will be able to select outdoor areas of The Empire to explore and find monsters to fight.

The second feature to be delivered will be the "Challenges" section. Here players must complete challenges in "sets" of training areas in order to unlock more areas of The Empire to train in.

And, the last feature to be delivered will be "The Arena" itself. In the arena, players will compete with their dragons and beasts in both player vs monster and player vs player competitions.

Features -

* Levels are shared across all mini-games.
    * Mutations will have varying benefits across different games!
    * Breeding in desirable traits for battle and breeding out undesirable traits is only the beginning.
    * Competitive ranking, and automatic matchmaking for both player vs player, player vs environment and cooperative vs environment.
    * A variety of mini-games, adventures and treasure hunts are currently available for players to earn our gold nugget (gn) site currency as well as to earn XP for leveling of dragons/beasts. With gold nuggets, players can purchase items to enhance their dragon/beast battling skills and abilities. Players need not spend a dime to earn rewards. This is NOT a Pay2Win!

In anticipation of our new venture, we have implemented the necessary supporting infrastructure for "The Hallows Arena".

Every dragon and beast is now born with unique base battling stats and abilities which are directly influenced by colors, markings and mutations.

A variety of mini-games, adventures and treasure hunts are currently available for players to earn our site currency (called gold nuggets) and XP for leveling of dragons and beasts. With gold nuggets, players can purchase items to enhance their dragon and beast battling skills and abilities.

A specific group of items have been programmed to provide unique abilities usable in "The Hallows Arena" as well as to enhance dragon and beast stats for leveling and game-play.

~~~~~~~~~~ CHRONICLE PEEKS ~~~~~~~~~~

The Dragon Empire - They say the essence of the Dragon Empire was born in a storm. An embryonic nucleus somewhere in the thunderheads of the black clouds, gathering for years in the lands know as The Jet Tempest. Black clouds that were rife with lightning strikes. But no one was around to really know and although the tale that the first dragons came from the Jet Tempest was well known, there were no actual witnesses from when or where they came. Draqrats however, say they know. Yes, the Draqrats claimed that they were the original citizens of the realm, but that the dragons overwhelmed. The lore of the Draqrats speaks to what they thought was an earthquake, although the sky was the problem, not the ground. They recoiled and ran when the noise started, the air filling with cries which stunned the Draqrats while the lightning struck and struck again. Huge beings, impossibly heavy to hang in the air as they did, spilled out from the dark, black clouds. The few Draqrats who dared to brave the cataclysmic storm saw tented, canvas-like membranes flapping, giving these creatures airtime not from feather but from something less evocative of angels wings. But of course, that's just what the Draqrats say.

The Hallows Arena - The Hallows was always seen as a dangerous place. Magma, toxic gas clouds, scalding barren earth where no life was thought to exist, but life has a tenacity to do what it does best. Aeturojth - the Eternal Ember, born of the ash and magma, upon the land of Hallows was not the first, but he was the most greedy. He built his lair in the volcano and guarded his treasure, showing no mercy to those who would dare to enter his domain. Far from the Sovereignty, he could do as he pleased without fear of Imperial or her court. The days and months passed and Aeturojth's horde of treasure grew larger every day, but it still wasn't enough. He ventured forth into the Haunting and hunted the Shadows that lived there... but, Shadows are clever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come join us in this adventure ... thar be dragons waitin' fer ya!

The Hallows Arena Kickstarter
    The Dragon Empire
    The Dragon Empire Wiki
  • Bremenacht 25 May 2013 11:56:22 15,741 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are you asking who will win? Because I don't know.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Bremenacht 25 May 2013 11:56:23 15,741 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    -.-

Edited by Bremenacht at 12:04:25 25-05-2013

• convercide 25 May 2013 12:07:25 5,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TDE-Admin wrote:
    Welcome all!

We are The Dragon Empire, a browser-based, free-to-play, virtual pet breeding game
    ...and that's where it gets shit. Didn't read past that.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• Bremenacht 25 May 2013 12:12:31 15,741 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does anyone know who won? I'd rather not buy or play the game, but I'd like to know who won.

• Kostabi 25 May 2013 12:12:44 4,660 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whoever wins, we lose.
  • TDE-Admin 26 May 2013 10:16:40 5 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Hello Bremenacht ... you don't have to buy the game. It's free to play ... but then again, you don't want to play the game either, soooo ..... as a brief explanation, the winners will be determined in regular competitions. Use of leveling as well as trained abilities, items imparting magical abilities and a variety of stats imparting different skills (and how well you battle your opponent) will determine the outcome. The battling section is what we are working on adding to the game now. :)

Hello convercide - We are what we are. The sad part that you didn't read past the 14 words to learn that we are trying to incorporate a battling feature for those players who want more than just breeding capabilities. :)

Hello Kostabi - In our game you have the ability to breed dragons and beasts that you can sell to other players (breeding in good traits and battling stats and breeding out bad traits and battling stats) and then you will also have the ability to battle your dragons and beasties. :)

Edited by TDE-Admin at 10:19:37 26-05-2013
  • convercide 26 May 2013 10:23:38 5,747 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TDE-Admin wrote:
    Hello convercide - We are what we are. The sad part that you didn't read past the 14 words to learn that we are trying to incorporate a battling feature for those players who want more than just breeding capabilities. :)
    Hello Captain Tedious - The underwhelming response to your thread suggests that nobody cares about your Pokemon variant. The only thing I can think of is that you actually have a paraphilic disorder to do with fictional creatures going at it.

If you can read this, you don't need glasses.

• TDE-Admin 26 May 2013 10:32:23 5 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Hello again convercide ... I see using "big words" and a sarcastic foil to jab at someone who is only trying to join a group and let others know about a game they might actually like is just fodder for your narcissism. I'd surmise that you were a high school bully too ... or maybe you still are. ;)
  • Ironlungs76 26 May 2013 10:43:23 4,930 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TDE-Admin wrote:
    players who want more than just breeding capabilities. :)
    Somehow I doubt that anyone on the internet would fail to be persuaded by this claim.
  • TDE-Admin 26 May 2013 10:51:33 5 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Hello Ironlungs76 - Well, our game has been online since 2008 and was strictly a game I designed for fun (originally 7 different dragon breeds with multiple markings and mutations in up to 16 million different colors). As we have had more and more players join the game and ask for a battling/combat feature, we are trying to accommodate. :)
  • Phattso Moderator 26 May 2013 11:47:51 12,721 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm a big fan of passive aggressive smileys from no-mark randoms touting whatever tedious shit passes for a game in their world. Big fan.

:-)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next