Terraria on PS the third

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • Jolly_Armadillo 23 May 2013 13:24:39 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Now that terraria has finally been released on the ps3, I thought you fine people on here would accompany me for some multiplayer action on this brilliant little gem :)

Gamertag : Jolly_Armadillo

PSN: Jolly_Armadillo
    Xbox: Jolly Spartan

• RobAnybody 23 May 2013 14:22:57 894 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you don't get any response here, try asking on Reddit's Terraria area:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/

But gawd knows who you'll end up playing with. ;)

Edited by RobAnybody at 09:10:20 24-05-2013
  • Jolly_Armadillo 23 May 2013 15:53:19 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RobAnybody
    Thanks I'll look for someone there, tis a bit lonely without any friends :(

• PeacockDreams 23 May 2013 23:08:35 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any news on when this is released for Vita?
  • Flying_Pig 23 May 2013 23:35:22 10,989 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not yet. Still waiting :(
  • PeacockDreams 23 May 2013 23:43:11 202 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Not yet. Still waiting :(
    Turd Biscuits!!!!!!
  • ecureuil 24 May 2013 02:05:31 76,807 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it was supposed to be May 16th on Vita? What happened?
  • mrharvest 24 May 2013 06:02:55 5,197 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I bought it off the American shop maybe a month ago and played it to death. I'd love some multiplayer action but our internet really isn't up to the job.
  • RobAnybody 24 May 2013 09:12:59 894 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PeacockDreams wrote:
    Any news on when this is released for Vita?
    All that's been stated so far is "Summer 2013".
  • Jolly_Armadillo 24 May 2013 15:12:45 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mrharvest

Pitty as I still haven't found anyone to do multiplayer yet, other than my gf on splitscreen :p

• wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 18:51:31 1,751 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So anybody playing this? I really like it. Not been able to play this week though as it's been a bit crazy. Nothing really much happened just a lot of mining. I managed to make myself some silver armour though. I also managed to get the NPC helper killed. Opps, serves him right for keep leaving the bloody door open!
  • Trafford 24 May 2013 19:28:34 5,791 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've been playing it a lot this week, have gold everything and just sprung the first boss. I need to up my damage output though if I'm going to take him out.

What a great game.
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 19:34:42 1,751 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I think so! Bit envious of your gold stuff lol

Seems really quiet though on discussion. Maybe everybody already got it for xbox :-)
  • RobAnybody 24 May 2013 19:58:35 894 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    So anybody playing this? I really like it. Not been able to play this week though as it's been a bit crazy. Nothing really much happened just a lot of mining. I managed to make myself some silver armour though. I also managed to get the NPC helper killed. Opps, serves him right for keep leaving the bloody door open!
    Don't worry, he'll be back ............. :)

He IS a pain at times though with leaving doors open - some players just wall him up somewhere suitable. :D

Edited by RobAnybody at 20:13:12 24-05-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 24 May 2013 20:47:50 1,751 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm thinking of building a zombie trap and see how many of the blighters I can fit in it! :-D
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 24 May 2013 20:50:05 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thinking of buying this
  • Trafford 24 May 2013 20:56:52 5,791 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't regret buying this a second time. My pc copy never got played, now I have more time on my hands and no pc, this is glorious.

@ Bob, don't be too envious, gold set is just the beginning..

@ jolly Armadillo, I'm not much of a multiplayer, but you can add me, trafford72
    Anyone else for that matter.
  • RobAnybody 24 May 2013 21:03:09 894 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Note to PS3 users to make them jealous - a major PC update (to version 1.2) is in the works and is due out this July. :D

This update MAY also make its way to the PS3 and Xbox but if it does it will be some months away.

Edited by RobAnybody at 21:09:50 24-05-2013
  • Jolly_Armadillo 26 May 2013 12:57:21 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Trafford
    Ill send you an add tomorrow, or maybe later on tonight if I'm on today

• Trafford 26 May 2013 17:04:42 5,791 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've had 5 or more complete system freezes on this in the last 2 days.
    On one occasion the PS3 rebooted when I spammed the map button. Very annoying, anyone else getting this?
  • Garfy 27 May 2013 13:05:03 682 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What's the communication like? Do you need voice coms to make it work?

I played single-player on PC and loved it but never got a chance to try the multiplayer.

Edited by Garfy at 13:05:17 27-05-2013
  • SomaticSense 27 May 2013 13:28:18 8,291 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm finding it buggy as all hell.

The crafting for example is completely broken, with the majority of unlocked recipes not showing on the menu unless you have the sort function set to Show Available. Which means you have no idea what recipes there are until you have the exact amount of ingredients required.

An early example is the furnace.
  • Jolly_Armadillo 27 May 2013 20:33:44 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense

That's how it was in the pc version if I understand you correctly, and isn't completely broken but the way it was originally designed to be? Anyway talk to the guide and give him items to see what can be created with that item along with the additional required ingredients

• SomaticSense 28 May 2013 13:20:25 8,291 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No. Its definitely a glitch. Its not the 'unlock recipe after finding new material' system.

For example, the furnace does not appear in the crafting menu at all, even after mining stone. You have no idea using the 'Show All' option that you can even make a furnance, even when you have all the ingredients. The only way to make one is the use the the Guide's crafting menu.

Also there's a horrendous bug where when using the Guide to craft, clicking on some items in your inventory merely to see the recipe (which often the only way to build some stuff due to the above mentioned bug) also actually makes the first object on the list. The amount of times I've made Armour Statues when just wanting to look at stone recipes is unreal. 4 actually, which is 400 stone blocks gone. Now imagine this for the rarer materials, and suddenly you have a particularly nasty bug.

This stuff would surely not have been missed in QA. So why was it it ignored and the game released anyway?
  • Jolly_Armadillo 29 May 2013 11:59:50 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense Are you stood near a crafting bench when trying to build the furnace because I believe you need to build the furnace at the crafting bench. I'm only saying this because I haven't encountered this problem, although I haven't played a lot on the console version yet. Only a bit

• Jolly_Armadillo 29 May 2013 11:59:51 575 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @SomaticSense Are you stood near a crafting bench when trying to build the furnace because I believe you need to build the furnace at the crafting bench. I'm only saying this because I haven't encountered this problem, although I haven't played a lot on the console version yet. Only a bit

• wobbly_Bob 29 May 2013 14:25:47 1,751 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still really enjoying this but it's on hell of the time sink. I spent ages just sorting my storage. Like a typical RPG uou really need to set quite large chunks of time aside for this, I think.

Decided to try digging straight down to see how far it goes (bloody far) an he background has changed nd there is harder enemies. Just discovered area deep underground with huge purple glowing mushrooms and purple dirt.

How are you all getting on with this? I like the slow pace. I find it relaxing.
  • Moot_Point 29 May 2013 14:32:44 4,069 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    I bought it off the American shop maybe a month ago and played it to death. I'd love some multiplayer action but PSN really isn't up to the job.
    Hehe!

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• mrharvest 29 May 2013 15:21:38 5,197 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    mrharvest wrote:
    I bought it off the American shop maybe a month ago and played it to death. I'd love some multiplayer action but PSN really isn't up to the job.
    Hehe!
    Heh.

But no, seriously. I live in Africa. Fucking looking forward to moving to a civilised country in two months. Two guys tried to pick my pocket on a bus again today. Fed up with this shit.
  • RobAnybody 29 May 2013 16:41:27 894 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I'm still really enjoying this but it's on hell of the time sink. I spent ages just sorting my storage. Like a typical RPG uou really need to set quite large chunks of time aside for this, I think.

Decided to try digging straight down to see how far it goes (bloody far) an he background has changed nd there is harder enemies. Just discovered area deep underground with huge purple glowing mushrooms and purple dirt.

How are you all getting on with this? I like the slow pace. I find it relaxing.
    As a non-PS3 owner my experiences are purely PC-based but yes, it's a real time sink. I just love the exploration and crafting side of the game.

As for digging down - if memory serves you're still quite a way from the bottom! (I tend to start digging down with good intentions and get quite literally side-tracked by minerals, ores, caverns and various structures). :)

I guess it's like archaeology, but without the back-breaking work, wind and rain. AND you can have a scrap with various creatures if you like. :)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous