• Page

of 32 First / Last

• X201 22 May 2013 21:06:58 15,124 posts
    Seen 55 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    How do you figure that, then?
    Religion, ethnicity and population are different things, in terms of people believing a religion Islam is the biggest one in the UK.
    Source?
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 21:07:23 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    David Cameron just said this has happened before....is he really trying to play it down? And I don't remember a Islamic beheading in the streets of Britain before, this is not like 7/7 if that's what he's referring to.
    Well, not exactly that, but something like the Soho nail bomb was up there with this in terms of disturbing acts of terrorism. Throw other shit like, I dunno, Dunblane or Hungerford and you've got stuff in the same kind of ball-park.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:07:31
    Yeah no, there are more than 2k Muslims in my city.
  • Ka-blamo 22 May 2013 21:07:43 7,287 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So fundamental Islam means do exactly what it says in the Koran?

And what we call moderate Muslims are the one's that do some of the things in the Koran but not all of them Hmmm.....

It says all you need to know, If it was a Religion of peace the more closely you follow it the nicer you'd be, but as you can see the closer you follow it the more destructive and ape-like you become.
  • senso-ji 22 May 2013 21:08:13 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Religion is a load of bollocks but the idea that it should be extinguished seems to be just as extremist an opinion as those wanting to convert everyone to their faith.
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 21:08:13 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    Religion, ethnicity and population are different things, in terms of people believing a religion Islam is the biggest one in the UK.
    disusedgenius wrote:
  • IMO 22 May 2013 21:09:10 5,578 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:

And what we call moderate Muslims are the one's that do some of the things in the Koran but not all of them Hmmm.....

It says all you need to know, If it was a Religion of peace the more closely you follow it the nicer you'd be, but as you can see the closer you follow it the more destructive and ape-like you become.
    I know people are venting right now but come on, it's obviously a bit more complicated than that isn't it?
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:09:15
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    David Cameron just said this has happened before....is he really trying to play it down? And I don't remember a Islamic beheading in the streets of Britain before, this is not like 7/7 if that's what he's referring to.
    This is exactly what I thought when I saw him on the news earlier!
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:11:28
    Ka-blamo wrote:

Fundamentalists are the ones who do this kind of thing.

Moderates are the ones who say "we're not all like this" but don't actually specifically condemn the actions of the fundamentalists.

Both groups are equally mentally ill. This applies to all religions, not just Islam.
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 21:12:31 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Moderates are the ones who say "we're not all like this" but don't actually specifically condemn the actions of the fundamentalists.
    What about the ones who "we're not all like this" and actually specifically condemn the actions of the fundamentalists?
  • Carlo 22 May 2013 21:12:42 17,948 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Eye witness just made a Han/Greedo statement... Uh-oh

PSN ID: Djini

• Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:13:27
    disusedgenius wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    What about the ones who "we're not all like this" and actually specifically condemn the actions of the fundamentalists?
    Few and far between.
  • hulahoops 22 May 2013 21:14:10 2,311 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    And fuck the insistence that religion should be abolished. I can't stand extremism in any form, and the trend almost towards extremist atheism actually concerns me about as much as extremism from any religion.

How is the weather in Woolwich? If the EDL are likely to turn up, I hope it's rainy. Riots tend not to happen when it rains.
    Extremist atheism would be beheading religious people.

Denouncing beliefs other than your own isn't extremist religion it's religion.
  • Rusty_M 22 May 2013 21:14:12 4,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    I don't think police are meant to wait for people to shoot at them. Doing that gets you shot.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• senso-ji 22 May 2013 21:14:51 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Few and far between.
    Lol, how do you get to that conclusion? Does every religious person need to give an answer to you personally? How about all the condemnation from those you'll never hear about?
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 21:15:32 5,199 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Few and far between.

You realise that stuff like this is bad enough without having to make up random bollocks to get yourself even more wound up about?
  • elstoof 22 May 2013 21:15:51 6,599 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IT'S WHAT I THINK SO ITS TRUE
  • cubbymoore 22 May 2013 21:16:02 36,468 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    This whole rhetoric thing is piss easy when you just make up shit isn't it.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:17:16
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    I don't think police are meant to wait for people to shoot at them. Doing that gets you shot.
    But shouldn't the police have absolute, actual proof of something before they act. I mean, killing someone without ABSOLUTE ACTUAL CONCRETE EVIDENCE OR REASON would be a bit excessive.
  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:17:26
    elstoof wrote:
    IT'S WHAT I THINK SO ITS TRUE
    AMEN!
  • Carlo 22 May 2013 21:17:31 17,948 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    He said the police shouted no warnings or made warning shots. The 2 guys were walking to the Police, hands down by their sides.

Anyone know the actual protocol for firing at two *suspects*?

PSN ID: Djini

• bad09 22 May 2013 21:18:55 5,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    Source?
    Well I don't links to such evidence oddly enough, but seen reports on both the Islam being number one here and the church constantly in decline a number of times.

If that's wrong fair enough I apologise (although I suspect your 2.8k Muslims is very, very wrong! :) ) it wasn't meant in a negative way anyway I could't give a toss about any religion it's something I understood to be case for while now in terms of fairy tale believers in the UK.

Edited by bad09 at 21:20:47 22-05-2013
  • Rusty_M 22 May 2013 21:19:05 4,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some witness reports were stating they were advancing on the police with machetes and a handgun. Should the police have waited until they were within striking distance (they potentially were if one of them had a handgun)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Deleted user 22 May 2013 21:19:19
    @spudsbuckley Or you could say EXTREMIST. Doubt somehow that the cops were also Muslim.
  • cubbymoore 22 May 2013 21:19:23 36,468 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Carlo wrote:
    He said the police shouted no warnings or made warning shots. The 2 guys were walking to the Police, hands down by their sides.

Pull the trigger repeatedly until it makes a clicking sound.
  • faux_carnation 22 May 2013 21:19:42 9,040 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Rusty_M wrote:
    Carlo wrote:

The few eyewitness reports I read said the guy was charging at the police with meat cleavers raised. Trying to digest news like this as it breaks is a mug's game.
  • Dirtbox 22 May 2013 21:19:52 77,461 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    Yeah, you tell them to get down onto the floor, if they don't and they're considered dangerous, you shoot them.

Edited by Dirtbox at 21:20:36 22-05-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• senso-ji 22 May 2013 21:21:08 5,790 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Police will shoot to stop what they believe is a threat to either themselves or the public. They don't need to fire warning shots if there's no time for it.
  • Page

of 32 First / Last