Woolwich murder Page 2

  • Page

    of 32 First / Last

  • gammonbanter 22 May 2013 20:48:02 1,499 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "the UK is a Muslim country now" and "crush Islam before it spreads further". That's all a bit too much to the 'right' for me.

    You shouldn't react to a horribly sickening crime with misguided hate talk!

    We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 20:48:35
    efebayor wrote:
    Spuds thats disgusting and actually offensive.
    And sadly true.

    I think religion is utter nonsense but i have no problem with people practicing their faith as long as it doesn't extend to other people getting killed/maimed as a result.
  • bad09 22 May 2013 20:51:41 5,906 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    gammonbanter wrote:
    "the UK is a Muslim country now" and "crush Islam before it spreads further". That's all a bit too much to the 'right' for me.

    You shouldn't react to a horribly sickening crime with misguided hate talk!
    I didn't mean that in a negative way BTW, Britain most popular religion is Islam and Christianity is declining only a million church goers or something. In terms of religious folk it's majority Islam.

    Edited by bad09 at 20:52:30 22-05-2013
  • oconnomiyaki 22 May 2013 20:51:52 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Did he do anything to deserve it? Like draw a picture of Mohammed or something?
    Pretty sure no one deserves to be decapitated.
  • elstoof 22 May 2013 20:53:02 7,398 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    "only a million church goers or something."
    And that's a FACT.
  • cubbymoore 22 May 2013 20:53:11 36,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Let's not go down this route. It's a pretty rare event, you can't read too much into it.
    Rare in the UK, all too common in many Islamic countries. The Web is littered with videos showing Islamic beheadings. It's the proscribed method of execution in the Koran.

    Personally, I can't relate to religious fundamentalists of any stripe - even less so when they follow a book that tells them to kill unbelievers.

    A secular Europe would be a better Europe.
    How strongly do you feel about that conviction? Would you like to give secular people special privileges? Would you be willing to fight against a country that is heavily religious and violently oppressing other countries?


    And regarding the other comments about what they'd like to do to these guys that did this, don't you think that's slightly similar to the "eye for an eye" thinking that they themselves used as a reason for doing it?
  • hulahoops 22 May 2013 20:53:17 2,311 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @oconnomiyaki I'm pretty sure that was the joke...
  • gammonbanter 22 May 2013 20:53:27 1,499 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    How did they know he was a soldier?

    We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

  • Deleted user 22 May 2013 20:54:04
    Apparently the English Defence League have said they are going to turn up in numbers tonight in Woolwich, and lots of police from the surrounding areas are being drafted in!
  • bad09 22 May 2013 20:54:45 5,906 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    "only a million church goers or something."
    And that's a FACT.
    It was reported as one a while back in a report on the decline of Christianity here. It's supposedly around a million.

    / shrugs
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 20:55:01 5,335 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    I didn't mean that in a negative way BTW, Britain most popular religion is Islam and Christianity is declining only a million church goers or something. In terms of religious folk it's majority Islam.
    ...you think that under 5% of the total population counts as a majority..?
  • Baihu1983 22 May 2013 20:56:27 3,446 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Scary and also scary cause i believe I'm supposed to be working round that way tomorrow.
  • oconnomiyaki 22 May 2013 20:56:33 245 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    hulahoops wrote:
    @oconnomiyaki I'm pretty sure that was the joke...
    Yeah, I get that it was a bit snide but it's really more at the expense of the victim.
  • bad09 22 May 2013 20:57:22 5,906 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    I didn't mean that in a negative way BTW, Britain most popular religion is Islam and Christianity is declining only a million church goers or something. In terms of religious folk it's majority Islam.
    ...you think that under 5% of the total population counts as a majority..?
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 20:57:36 5,335 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Scary and also scary cause i believe I'm supposed to be working round that way tomorrow.
    You're heading to what will be probably the most heavily policed part of the country, I think you'll survive...
  • neilka 22 May 2013 20:58:00 15,976 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He hasn't got a leg to stand on.

    A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

  • disusedgenius 22 May 2013 20:58:19 5,335 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    How do you figure that, then?
  • elstoof 22 May 2013 20:58:32 7,398 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    "only a million church goers or something."
    And that's a FACT.
    It was reported as one a while back in a report on the decline of Christianity here. It's supposedly around a million.

    / shrugs
    If only there was some sort of numbers based document that would shed some light on these statistics that I'm fumbling desperately for. Oh wait, there is. It's called a census.
  • Baihu1983 22 May 2013 20:58:32 3,446 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @disusedgenius Think i would rather just take the day off.
  • cubbymoore 22 May 2013 20:58:35 36,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    He hasn't got a head to stand on.
  • Ka-blamo 22 May 2013 20:59:19 7,353 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    David Cameron just said this has happened before....is he really trying to play it down? And I don't remember a Islamic beheading in the streets of Britain before, this is not like 7/7 if that's what he's referring to.
  • X201 22 May 2013 21:00:32 15,490 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    I didn't mean that in a negative way BTW, Britain most popular religion is Islam and Christianity is declining only a million church goers or something. In terms of religious folk it's majority Islam.
    ...you think that under 5% of the total population counts as a majority..?
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    Still wrong

    33K Christian
    2.8K Muslim

    Source: 2011 Census
  • PazJohnMitch 22 May 2013 21:01:32 8,083 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A guy I work with said it was outside his house.

    I sure hope the EDF do not turn up as well.
  • senso-ji 22 May 2013 21:03:16 5,916 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    A guy I work with said it was outside his house.

    I sure hope the EDF do not turn up as well.
    Why, were the murderers giant bugs from outer space? ;)
  • bad09 22 May 2013 21:05:16 5,906 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    How do you figure that, then?
    Religion, ethnicity and population are different things, in terms of people believing a religion Islam is the biggest one in the UK.
  • Jeepers 22 May 2013 21:05:46 13,181 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    bad09 wrote:
    I didn't mean that in a negative way BTW, Britain most popular religion is Islam and Christianity is declining only a million church goers or something. In terms of religious folk it's majority Islam.
    ...you think that under 5% of the total population counts as a majority..?
    In terms of religious people not total population. Most of us are not very religious now apparently.
    Still wrong

    33K Christian
    2.8K Muslim

    Source: 2011 Census
    M not K shirley.
  • PazJohnMitch 22 May 2013 21:06:26 8,083 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    A guy I work with said it was outside his house.

    I sure hope the EDF do not turn up as well.
    Why, were the murderers giant bugs from outer space? ;)
    EDL

    :p
  • Rusty_M 22 May 2013 21:06:30 4,694 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And fuck the insistence that religion should be abolished. I can't stand extremism in any form, and the trend almost towards extremist atheism actually concerns me about as much as extremism from any religion.

    How is the weather in Woolwich? If the EDL are likely to turn up, I hope it's rainy. Riots tend not to happen when it rains.

    The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

  • Page

    of 32 First / Last

Log in or register to reply