• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • heyyo 6 May 2013 14:20:05 14,374 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Considering this...

Your weight and the distance you walk determine the energy calories burned while walking. Walking speed matters less than distance and weight. A rule of thumb is 100 calories per mile for a 180-pound person and 65 for a 120-pound person.
    ...it's no great surprise that people aren't seeing any benefits from walking. You really need to do more or walk a LOT if you're looking to lose weight.

I probably walk 7 hours a week.
    Well it's probably for the best we're so efficient at walking, seeing as it's what our bodies are designed for!
  • mrpon 6 May 2013 14:25:21 27,638 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    I love wanking for leisure at my own pace.
    o_O

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• elstoof 6 May 2013 16:29:29 6,136 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmm tantric.
  • elstoof 6 May 2013 16:31:47 6,136 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Our driving mentality isn't too bad. You should see America. Most places don't even bother with pavements.
    My colleague was stopped and questioned by the police because he went for a walk while in Los Angeles.
  • Lukus 6 May 2013 16:36:11 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    I love wanking for leisure at my own pace.
    o_O
    I can go for hours and hours.

Paintings & Photographs

• dfunked 6 May 2013 16:52:54 17 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    2x 15 min walks to/from the train station every weekday, so 2:30 at a bare minimum... A combination of that walk and giving up midweek drinks meant I lost a stone in a month!
  • PazJohnMitch 6 May 2013 17:40:07 7,244 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Our driving mentality isn't too bad. You should see America. Most places don't even bother with pavements.
    My colleague was stopped and questioned by the police because he went for a walk while in Los Angeles.
    One of my colleagues walked down the stairs of the hotel he was staying at in the US. By the time he had reached the foyer 2 cop cars had arrived as the receptionist thought someone was trying to steal something. He was told that the stairs were not for customer use and he must use the lift.
  • Deleted user 6 May 2013 17:53:44
    It depends on the city in the US, really. Some of the bigger cities were primarily built and designed by car companies, designing roads specifically to not allow public transport or walking in order to force people to use a car (which is simultaneously scary and fascinating - look up the GM Streetcar scandal for an example). Other cities people generally walk everywhere (Vegas, for instance). Here it's kind of a 50/50 split, in that people do walk, but it's too far from residential to commercial for it to be that viable. The only thing within walking distance of my apartment, for instance, is a petrol station. The nearest shop after that is about seven miles away.

In other places people are just fucking lazy, though.
  • mrharvest 6 May 2013 18:31:07 5,155 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I always thought I walk a fair bit since I live in rural Africa and I don't have a car but according to the pedometer in my phone I only do between 1-2 miles a day. So kudos to those who can manage 10 hours a week!
  • neilka 6 May 2013 19:43:56 14,938 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gremmi goes shopping

• MrDigital 6 May 2013 19:54:00 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Walking tonnes since coming back from uni, and add that to the fact Edinburgh is super hilly, I think I do quite well.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• joeymoto108 6 May 2013 19:55:00 617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Walking is criminally underrated. Walking early the next morning is the best hangover cure.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• MrDigital 6 May 2013 19:59:02 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spot on. Asides from lots of water and fatty, greasy food, there is nothing better.

Don't think I really appreciate fresh air unless I'm hungover.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• creepylizard 6 May 2013 20:03:39 786 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I work in a bar fulltime so I'm on my feet from the time I leave my flat to pretty much the time I get home usually. Don't know how much actual walking time that equates to though..
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next