Blood Dragon Page 8

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Whizzo 6 May 2013 22:46:03 43,038 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I needed to be wearing sunglasses for the very final level, so much "neon". :-)

Enjoyed this so much, I'll certainly get back to it to take out the remaining outposts and other tasks.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Rodriguez 6 May 2013 22:46:25 1,085 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

So tempted to get this.. Is the game 'open world' like the vanilla Far Cry games duff? Can you wander round doing your own thing or is it just a linear story structure?
  • DUFFMAN5 7 May 2013 08:20:42 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Rodriguez
    It is very much open world :-)
    Obviously there is a story and campaign progression, but you can drive,glide,swim or ride a jetski all over the map.
    Lots to see and do.
    Get it, the game and gameworld are excellent.
    Just checked my game completion time, it was 11 hours, so plenty of bang for your buck.
    Re time, I did everything you could do,collect. Also 400/400 gamerpoints ;-)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:22:10 07-05-2013

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Alastair 7 May 2013 08:25:17 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've liberated about 5 or 6 garrisons now. What are people's preferred methods?

I have been driving one of the jeeps with the mounted railgun (does it have a proper name?) into range then letting the bullets fly. One garrison was a bit trickier - it had a chopper, and quite a bit of back up appeared from behind me.

Mission wise I have completed the Blood Dragon hatchery (loved the escape sequence) and have decided to spend some time collecting items and liberating garrisons.

Edited by Alastair at 08:25:26 07-05-2013

Not as nice as I used to be

• phAge 7 May 2013 08:52:45 24,337 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like dropping from a hangglider, taking out any heavies, snipers and helo pilots with the bow/melee and then going all-in with the shotty/Fazertron.

Disabling the Omegashield and letting the dragons have 'em is fun too.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 May 2013 09:25:26 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Terminated, mothafucker ;-)

• Vortex808 7 May 2013 09:40:12 6,975 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    You're a gaming machine Duffman.

I don't know how you do it. I still haven't done Bioshock Infinite, never mind even looked at blood dragon yet and you've 100% it already!

Edit: It'll be interesting to see what you make of FC3 when Jono gets it to you after you playing this first.

Edited by Vortex808 at 09:41:01 07-05-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 7 May 2013 09:42:30 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    I should have added with extreme prejudice as well ;)

• DUFFMAN5 7 May 2013 09:47:38 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    You're a gaming machine Duffman.

I don't know how you do it. I still haven't done Bioshock Infinite, never mind even looked at blood dragon yet and you've 100% it already!

Edit: It'll be interesting to see what you make of FC3 when Jono gets it to you after you playing this first.
    Hi mate
    :) The difference is, is that I'm staying away from RPG's at the moment, as like your goodself I need to collect everything in the game world, which takes a lot of time.

You are playing rpg after rpg, I doff my Duff cap to you. I'm defo due a meaty rpg (I have about 15 across 3 consoles) but not too syre what and when.
    Next month is going to be "The Last of us" so looking forward to it, although the older man/young girl mechanic, will no doubt upset me, as I will liken it to me and my daughter...and I'm a big softy like that :)

As for FR3 (jono is a god) I did play for a while, then sold (again!!!) as Gears was eating up ALL game time, not that I need to tell you that. GearsJ would do likewise but Im being more brutal.

• L_Franko Moderator 7 May 2013 09:57:39 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good game this, I'm enjoying it much more than FC3. I am thinking I should probably try FC3 again though, maybe I wasn't in the right mood when I tried it before.

This is the kind of game I've been wanting for ages and not known it, there is very little not to like about it and if you grew up watching the films it borrows ideas from it can give you another layer of enjoyment.

I've done 4 main missions so far which were great but know I think I'm going to do all the garrisons and side missions before going any further with it.
  • Triggerhappytel 7 May 2013 11:37:50 2,671 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alastair wrote:

I have been driving one of the jeeps with the mounted railgun (does it have a proper name?) into range then letting the bullets fly. One garrison was a bit trickier - it had a chopper, and quite a bit of back up appeared from behind me.

Mission wise I have completed the Blood Dragon hatchery (loved the escape sequence) and have decided to spend some time collecting items and liberating garrisons.
    I do as much killing as I can in stealth mode with the bow, and when that inevitably fails I run around like a headless chicken with the shotty vaporising Omega Force in clouds of red mist. If I can find the thing to deactivate the shield all the better, and I let the dragons do the work for me.

Anyone finding the game clock in the stats screen wrong? Last night mine was saying 1 hour 50 minutes, but I've probably done three times that. Playing on PS3.
  • Alastair 7 May 2013 11:52:52 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can you count on a dragon showing up if you manage to deactivate the shields?
    Does a cyberheart work as a lure even if there isn't one apparently in the vicinity?

• MrTomFTW Moderator 7 May 2013 11:56:59 37,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes and no, in that order.

Deactivating the shields will cause a dragon to spawn. Throwing a heart will not.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• the_dudefather 7 May 2013 11:59:23 9,203 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    It's pretty much guaranteed, to the extent that it feels a little artificial, like they just spawn one at the gate

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Alastair 7 May 2013 12:05:16 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahh, ok that's very useful to know.
    ;)

• Triggerhappytel 7 May 2013 13:28:13 2,671 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    It's pretty much guaranteed, to the extent that it feels a little artificial, like they just spawn one at the gate
    Yeah, I thought that too. A shame they made it feel so forced; it would have been cool to lead one from a little way outside the base all on your own, rather than counting on it happening automatically.
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 May 2013 13:32:49 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Yeah, I think that is my only complaint. It is just a way to clear out the garrison if you can't be bothered.
  • Alastair 7 May 2013 13:39:19 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You still need to sneak in and disable the shields though...

• L_Franko Moderator 7 May 2013 13:45:31 9,694 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can just run straight in, plant C400 and leg it out. Job done.

I choose not to though, I'd rather knock out the alarms, plant mines and open up on the bad guys once the shit hits the fan.
  • phAge 9 May 2013 16:24:54 24,337 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just completed this - nailed all garrisons and maybe 80% of the other stuff (didn't max out any of the guns, though - just the cool stuff).

Great, great game - only fault being that it is much too easy after you hit about lvl 10. EG's review was spot-on, IMHO.
  • GiarcYekrub 9 May 2013 16:39:14 3,662 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I somehow missed the head shot achievement, I think it will haunt me
  • PrivateFloyd 10 May 2013 07:11:56 4,107 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Completed this last night, including all VHS tapes, notes and tvs.

Yet to kill a bloody snake though.

Loved the main missions, the dialogue in the end few missions between Rex and Darling was priceless as were the exchanges between Rex and Sloane.

Was way too easy by the time you unlock explosive rounds in the sniper rifle and laser rounds in the assault rifle though, felt like i was just coasting the last third of the game.

Not sure whether I would want to see a sequel. It worked this time because it came out of the blue and was generally bat shit insane.

Superb though for 10.

Goat is hungry.....

• DUFFMAN5 10 May 2013 08:00:52 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    I somehow missed the head shot achievement, I think it will haunt me
    I got that on the last proper mission, when riding (now,now) Battlecattypething

• Alastair 10 May 2013 08:10:18 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Erm, what do you need for the Headshot achievement?
    Also, for the Shoot 5 Braincage one, did I need to do that in the Blood Dragon hatchery mission? I just ran away from the dragons, rather than shoot them. Is there a way to go back and do it?

• DUFFMAN5 10 May 2013 08:30:59 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Erm, what do you need for the Headshot achievement?
    Also, for the Shoot 5 Braincage one, did I need to do that in the Blood Dragon hatchery mission? I just ran away from the dragons, rather than shoot them. Is there a way to go back and do it?
    Get a headshot kill against ALL enemy types.
    You can get the Braincage one at any time.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 08:31:58 10-05-2013

• Alastair 10 May 2013 08:54:53 15,470 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Get a headshot kill against ALL enemy types.
    All types of Omega force, plus animals?

• DUFFMAN5 10 May 2013 08:56:45 14,427 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think just soldiers

• GiarcYekrub 10 May 2013 08:58:25 3,662 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    wrong thread

Edited by GiarcYekrub at 08:59:03 10-05-2013
  • marcgiu 14 May 2013 11:45:37 125 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry if its been brought up guys but does anyone have probs saving the game? It doesn't seem to recognise checkpoint saves - I haven't tried saving after finishing a level but my checkpoint progress is never saved?
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 14 May 2013 11:57:02 37,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You mean mid-mission checkpoints? Because they don't save, if you quit you have to start the mission again.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Page

of 9 First / Last