Blood Dragon Page 6

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• SomaticSense 3 May 2013 15:39:21 8,324 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They need to be right near each other. Like within 4 feet.
  • Razz 3 May 2013 15:40:14 61,205 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Really? I couldn't even get it to work in the tutorial mission

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• SomaticSense 3 May 2013 15:48:39 8,324 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PC or console?

I think its just W for PC, but you have to push the left in the appropriate direction on console.

edit: in the tutorial on 360/PS3 you have to press forward, as they are sort of queued in a line for being neon-stabbed. I just hammer the left stick forward in these cases and it always works.

Edited by SomaticSense at 15:52:04 03-05-2013
  • DrStrangelove 3 May 2013 16:01:52 3,990 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just played for 10 minutes or so, but wasn't that you have to lock on your targets by that visor thing before chain takedown? After that, just hold the movement keys in the right direction for the next one.

My first impression is a slight disappointment, but it wouldn't be the first game that had a bad first impression to me before I loved it.

I think they've really overdone the silliness though. A bit less would have been better imo.

Edit: And why is audio volume so low? I have to max out my speakers for normal loudness. What's the reasoning behind that?

Edited by DrStrangelove at 17:04:10 03-05-2013
  • M83J01P97 3 May 2013 16:01:55 6,656 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great little game this, but after only re-paying Far Cry 3 last week, I'm a little disappointed with the (lack of) weapons in this. They feel really weak and lacking.

Would have loved some kind of laser pistol/rifle for example.
  • Pumpatron 3 May 2013 16:54:20 374 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So is this any harder than FC3?

I liked FC3 but found it to be on the easy side, even on hard. The new master difficulty they added helped as did the option to turn off the enemies awareness indicators, are those options available in this?
  • Razz 3 May 2013 17:23:24 61,205 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    PC or console?

I think its just W for PC, but you have to push the left in the appropriate direction on console.

edit: in the tutorial on 360/PS3 you have to press forward, as they are sort of queued in a line for being neon-stabbed. I just hammer the left stick forward in these cases and it always works.
    PC but I use an xbox controller! :D So you have it to push it during the first killing or after?

• StarchildHypocrethes 3 May 2013 17:37:27 25,874 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    M83J01P97 wrote:
    Would have loved some kind of laser pistol/rifle for example.
    Upgrades are your friend.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 18:07:22 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    PC or console?

PC but I use an xbox controller! :D So you have it to push it during the first killing or after?
    During your current kill, at which point he'll make the next kill.
  • Razz 3 May 2013 18:10:18 61,205 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice one, I'll give it another go :)

• Arrr9 3 May 2013 19:48:57 415 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DrStrangelove The silliness is just right for me, I gave up on Farcry 3 as although I kind of liked the game, it just felt a bit stilted. Throw in a few nes style cutscenes with characters sliding along the floor, coupled with some amazing music and great references and it seems to have won me over. Just a lot of fun ! - My take anyway.
  • GiarcYekrub 3 May 2013 22:50:34 3,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Absolutely loving this, never played Far Cry 3 how representive is it, in terms of garisions, scanning locations then steathing in?
  • eleven63 3 May 2013 23:25:05 1,603 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @GiarcYekrub same but harder, certainly during the first 1/3 or so - Far Cry 3 is probably 3-4 times longer/bigger, so progression takes longer, etc.

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• GiarcYekrub 3 May 2013 23:39:47 3,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, love to know the sale stats for this seems everyone I know has bought this and that never happens
  • phAge 3 May 2013 23:41:36 24,371 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone had any luck with the shuriken? How does it even work?

BTW, restarted on Hard, and it is a much, much better experience for it. Still pretty easy, but you *will* get killed if you just rush in.
  • GiarcYekrub 4 May 2013 00:16:24 3,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah with the Shurican you do the takedown and while holding the body aim it at a nearby baddie and when a trigger icon appears on them pull it.

What I want to know is there something to do helcopters before they take off to take them out other than sniping the pilot?
  • TarickStonefire 4 May 2013 09:11:03 3,107 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I guess those having trouble with the takedown extras (throwing star, chained takedowns) never played FC3?

FC3 explained them much better, as you unlocked them, with a looping clip of video of someone playing the game and pulling the move off, with instructions about which buttons to press and what to look for on-screen. Much easier. Never had a problem with them.

Seems that by giving everything to us straight away, combined with a *rubbish* tutorial that did indeed just annoy me, people aren't fully understanding how they work.

Game seemed fun though. Only played the demo. Was too much like FC3 for me to get it right now.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 09:13:58 04-05-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• the_dudefather 5 May 2013 00:20:25 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Holy shit that last mission

Holy shit that end credits song

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Syrette 5 May 2013 00:23:55 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is...

... well once you get past the wackiness, it's a fun game. Not much wrong with it, but it's just another FPS to me. And I'm completely and utterly burned out on FPSs unless they're called Bioshock Infinite or Metro: Last Light and have an atmosphere and story that keeps/will no doubt keep me coming back for more.

Honestly finding this game to be a bit of a chore.

• phAge 5 May 2013 01:00:12 24,371 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    This is just a bit of lighthearted fun that has the guts to be different. I wouldn't play a full 30+ hour game in the setting, but as it is I applaud it for breaking free from the current trend of po-faced "realistic" war-shooters.

So far I'm finding the mix of stealth and shooting just right, and the setting and style is brilliant. Had more fun in the first hour of this than I had in the 5 hours of BF3 I bothered to play before uninstalling it.
  • Syrette 5 May 2013 01:02:32 43,501 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are you referring to the single-player element of BF3?

• phAge 5 May 2013 01:05:19 24,371 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aye - haven't put in any real time in MP. Did 200+ hours of Bad Company 2 on 360, but don't really feel the urge with this.
  • Triggerhappytel 5 May 2013 01:14:16 2,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I definitely agree with your comments, Phage. I think Blood Dragon's gameplay is unremarkable, but it has loads of style, some good humour and feels very bold and distinct next to most FPSs out there. I haven't had a chance to play it these last couple of nights, but I'll get back to it soon.

And I thought the campaign in BF3 was bloody terrible. I only played about an hour and never bothered going back.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2013 08:36:47 14,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ...I find shit, so I can unlock shit, so I can get shit...:)

At least he said something like this, when I found a tv set.

Re finding things:
    Only the Turtle to find/kill to complete the 12 animal kills. I love reading the blurb once you kill them.
    12 tv sets found
    0 notes found
    1 Video tabe found
    5 garrisons liberated
    5 dragons slayed
    Not sure how many mission in, just completed the Cobra film ref one, or at least the name of that mission is a Cobra ref.

I have played for around 5 hours now.
    I'm tending to play in bursts of 45-mins to an hour, which seems spot on.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• CharlieStCloud 5 May 2013 08:52:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh My God.

The tutorial was brilliant.

... then the game begun properly and it is already a bit of a chore to play, especially considering the last three FPS I played were BioShock 2 (and Infinite), Halo 3 ODST and Rage.

Me thinks the dialogue and cheesy story is going to carry me through this one!
  • agparrot 5 May 2013 10:08:34 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ...I find shit, so I can unlock shit, so I can get shit...:)

At least he said something like this, when I found a tv set.
    Michael Biehn is a standout superstar in Blood Dragon, I think. There's a decent amount of variety in his one-liners, certainly enough to stretch over the 9 hours I've played so far. I've finished the story and Garrisons and some other stuff, and overall the game is a really clever bit of dumb gaming, pitched perfectly at an oldish person like me.

I wonder if some of the references aren't a little wasted on young 'uns. I laughed when I accidentally hit a scientist with a jeep as I raced around the dirt tracks, and the screen flashed up a little red grid reading "WARNING: PROTECT THE INNOCENT" in yet another nod to Robocop. If you haven't seen Robocop, or The Terminator(s), or Aliens or any of the bunch of other 80s films that it references, I wonder how much the impact is lessened?

Only the Turtle to find/kill to complete the 12 animal kills. I love reading the blurb once you kill them.
    Everyone should play the Predator's Path mission which involves hunting down the Turtles. It almost has the power to stop you feeling guilty about butchering the poor sods in Far Cry 3. This one side mission embodies how wilfully stupid Blood Dragon can be, but it was yet another thing that had me laughing.

There are a number of references to Far Cry 3, too - saving the Scientist on "Everybody's On A Boat" gleaned a little speech, something along the lines of how he'd "hoped there were more hot island girls living here - you know the sort, who have tattoos and a white saviour complex". It's always worth keeping tabs on the scientists for a little while after you've saved them. Nerds.
  • beastmaster 5 May 2013 10:10:42 11,418 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How long is the gameplay time? Started to play it but stopped as a mate of mine is coming over and we're going to give it a crack.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• agparrot 5 May 2013 10:19:11 11,903 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    How long is the gameplay time? Started to play it but stopped as a mate of mine is coming over and we're going to give it a crack.
    You could feasibly blast through the story missions in 3 or 4 hours I would think but you'd miss the fun of the random stuff that happens out in the world, and it's worth doing some of the side missions to unlock weapon modifications. Turning the rifle into a laser gun, making the shotgun have four barrels, upgrading the Robocop pistol to carry more bullets or having explosive rounds for the sniper rifle are all worthy goals that improve the over thet top fun of the combat.
  • PearOfAnguish 5 May 2013 12:00:39 7,297 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    phAge wrote:
    5 hours of BF3 I bothered to play before uninstalling it.
    I'm impressed you managed to get five whole hours out of it.
  • the_dudefather 5 May 2013 12:18:04 9,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    It's always worth keeping tabs on the scientists for a little while after you've saved them. Nerds.
    The first one I saved got killed by a cyber tiger about 5 seconds later

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Page

of 9 First / Last