Blood Dragon Page 5

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• colinmac 2 May 2013 19:44:19 736 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmmmm. Somebody sort out another linky for that soundtrack zip....

I had to work dammit, and I missed it !

:o) Private Msg, perhapsicles?

Live: Colinmac
    PSN: Colinmac
    3DS: 0946-2363-3364

• Triggerhappytel 2 May 2013 19:46:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    *plays hour and a half last night*
    *presses "continue game" today*
    *game is back at the beginning*

Can't be fucked with this, disappointing piece of turd.
    Yeah, I had the same thing this evening, although I only played about half an hour last night. Annoying though that there doesn't seem to be a reliable auto-save.

MARK IV STYLE, MUTHA FUCKER!
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2013 19:57:05 15,056 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel
    Same issue with my save (360) luckily only sent me back to the end of the last mission.

Just about to do a mission called:
    "I don't deal with psychos, I put them away"

...any idea of the film, I got it straight away :)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• eleven63 2 May 2013 20:16:37 1,609 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:

Had this as well, 360, seems you need to liberate a garrison to guarantee a save/continue spot - minor issue, stick with it, it is brilliant!

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• phAge 2 May 2013 20:26:07 24,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Currently lvl 9 and having a blast (on Medium). However, I already feel pretty invulnerable, so thinking maybe I should restart on Hard?
  • Humperfunk 2 May 2013 20:26:19 2,299 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    PS3 for me mate so looks like an issue across the board.

Will no doubt give it a go again tomorrow, think just Rocksmith for me tonight now

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• dgb 2 May 2013 20:28:36 657 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Want to buy this but currently have a balance of 1020 MS points.

Who knows the smallest amount of MS points that can be purchased?
  • Rodriguez 2 May 2013 20:45:59 1,097 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dgb

GAME do 240MSP instant downloads for 1.99 on their site.
  • dgb 2 May 2013 21:00:07 657 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    @dgb

GAME do 240MSP instant downloads for 1.99 on their site.
    So they do! Brilliant. Problem solved.
    Thanks Rodriguez
  • northernlights 2 May 2013 21:54:55 714 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite disappointed Blood Dragon it has a clever twist too it but found it pretty boring
  • TarickStonefire 2 May 2013 22:06:18 3,257 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Gave the demo a go and man that tutorial is annoying after a while. Having just finished Far Cry 3, the fact it's *exactly* the same may make it outstay its welcome sooner than hoped. Is it that dark all the time? And is there much opportunity to just run around shooting stuff without doing the 'story'?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• OptimusPube 2 May 2013 22:08:00 3,179 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Completed Farcry 3 just last weekend and loved it, just played the demo to this and it blew me away the comedy and music is spot on, now whether to buy on Steam or PSN.

I hope they make this into a full blown game, lets just hope sales sky rocket so it gives them the incentive.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• TarickStonefire 2 May 2013 22:10:33 3,257 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    OptimusPube wrote:
    I hope they make this into a full blown game, lets just hope sales sky rocket so it gives them the incentive.
    The thought of playing a full length game in that oppressively dark atmosphere is not appealing. One-off only I hope.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Triggerhappytel 2 May 2013 23:43:50 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @colinmac
    I'm new to Dropbox, but I've got the zipped version saved there. Do you have Dropbox, and I can share it with you?
  • Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 07:05:50 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've done about two hours so far, only done a couple of story missions and liberated four garrisons now I think. Spent a lot of time looking for TV sets, VHS tapes and the money lockboxes. And trying to get Blood Dragons to eat enemy soldiers. I do really like it, although it feels a little tiring since *everything* is out to kill you (I'm playing on hard nd have already died lots), and the visual style is bit draining on the eyes after a while. It's a shame there's not a day/night cycle or something.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 07:07:02 03-05-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 3 May 2013 07:24:28 15,056 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel
    I would agree it could do with a day/night cycle, still having loads of fun though.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• sickpuppysoftware 3 May 2013 08:32:31 1,339 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    @colinmac
    I'm new to Dropbox, but I've got the zipped version saved there. Do you have Dropbox, and I can share it with you?
    The other person doesn't need dropbox. You share the link and it should just download for them. You could share it with me just to be sure ;)

You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!

• phAge 3 May 2013 08:37:40 24,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel

RE: Difficulty. I'm a... decent... FPS player and currently lvl 9 after about 2.5 hours. Finding things a bit easy (only died maybe 4 times), but it sounds like the difficulty ramps up quite a bit on Hard. Are you considering turning it down?
  • Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 09:13:08 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @phAge
    No, Hard is just about right and I definitely won't be restarting unless I hit a horrid difficulty spike. I'm an average FPS player I guess (hardly ever play competitive MP) and I'm not terrific at stealth, so there's been a few instances where I've cocked up my silent approach, reinforcements have been called in, and I've died from overwhelming odds. But, I've also read in a couple of reviews that it gets easier the further in you get, and the bow & arrow is pleasingly overpowered, so I will keep at it. I think I'm on about level 5 and I'm mainly concentrating on garrisons and collectibles at the moment.
  • agparrot 3 May 2013 09:20:12 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's worth sticking with Hard I would think - I'm about level 14 and have done six of the Garrisons although I'm still on the mission "WHAT IS THIS SHIT?" - partly I think because I enjoy the little radio chat between Rex and Dr. Darling about how there is no proven link between videogames and violence, and that anyone who thinks that there is is a fucking idiot.

It was one of the worst things about FC3, having to listen to bloody post-mission bullshit-spewing NPCs wittering on about whatever they were wittering on about, but here it's bloody great.
  • Latin 3 May 2013 09:24:36 3,791 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bought this last night... Still have to finish borderlands 2 before trying it i think. Also have sleeping dogs to play... Really should have waited for this to come down in price!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 May 2013 09:31:39 38,905 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hah the "PUNCH IT" mission does live up to it's name. I was having a good chuckle at the witterings of HUD during that last part too.

Edited by MrTomFTW at 09:32:30 03-05-2013

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 09:35:30 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • L_Franko Moderator 3 May 2013 10:21:22 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Going to grab this toinght after work I think, you lot seem to be having far too much fun so it's about time I got a slice of that cake.

My flatmate came home last night with one of his work firneds hard drive, some MS points and instructions to download Blood Dragon because his internet was down.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 11:13:42 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Power Core is an awesome track. Loving this album; perhaps my favourite soundtrack since Shatter.
  • SomaticSense 3 May 2013 11:42:12 8,786 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Humperfunk wrote:

Yeah, I had the same thing this evening, although I only played about half an hour last night. Annoying though that there doesn't seem to be a reliable auto-save.

It autosaves after every collectible pickup, every side mission, every main mission, and if you aren't happy about it not saving after every individual kill, then there's a 'Save Game' option on the menu screen for you. In other words its exactly like FC3.

If you quit mid-mission then of course you'll be kicked back to the open world and have to start it again. That's the rule of every open world game ever.
  • Deleted user 3 May 2013 11:54:04
    Really good fun so far.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 May 2013 14:08:38 2,695 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Humperfunk wrote:

It autosaves after every collectible pickup, every side mission, every main mission, and if you aren't happy about it not saving after every individual kill, then there's a 'Save Game' option on the menu screen for you. In other words its exactly like FC3.

If you quit mid-mission then of course you'll be kicked back to the open world and have to start it again. That's the rule of every open world game ever.
    Initially I took ages on the first mission, exploring, messing around with the controls and weapons and getting used to the feel of it. I haven't played FC3 so it was my first proper experience of the game. I assumed it would save at the checkpoints like most games do, thus my frustration and subsequent comment the following night when I had to start over.
  • waggy79 3 May 2013 14:09:29 1,040 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just got an email from AMD saying their 'Never Settle' offer now gets you a free copy of Blood Dragon on top of Bioshock infinite and Crysis 3 so I'll be downloading this tonight. All for 30 quid, brilliant!
  • Razz 3 May 2013 15:35:49 61,430 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anynoe good at chaining takedowns? I find I'm lucky if I get it work even once.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Page

of 9 First / Last