• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Deckard1 2 May 2013 15:09:27 25,413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Will there be a chaperone?
    Well my three year old daughter but she'll be in bed by 8 or 9pm.
    Leaving me and my mate's mrs to enjoy the southern Frnech sunset with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter to hand.

They have two kids as well which I assumed would be there but his email said "with the kids in Belgium there's plenty of room" so I'm guessing they're off for some vacation at his or her parents.
    Yeah I think thats a bit weird. How well do you know her?

Called it

• ZuluHero 2 May 2013 15:09:30 3,663 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    I guess this is topical.

A very good friend of mine that I've known for about 17 or 18 years lives in France. He's been with his wife for idunno. Maybe 10 years or 12 or so.
    They used to live in Moscow, then Paris, now the south of France, so I don't see them regularly. I've only ever seen/met his Mrs when I was visiting the two of them. I'd call them both friends but clearly my connection to them is through him, not her.

I've sent them an email last month to see if I can stop over for a few days when I take my daughter on vacation in August.
    He's replied last week that he'll be in Moscow for work at that time but i should definitly come to visit sometime.

I've just informed him that's a shame and we'll try to find a suitable weekend for a visit.

He's now pinged back an email saying that his Mrs doesn't mind hosting me and my daughter whilst he's away for work in Moscow. Their kids are in Belgium so there's plenty of room for guests.

According to the logic of this thrad, does that mean his wife wants to take advantage of me whilst he's away?
    This is sort of a different thing to the situations others are saying.
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 15:10:23
    I've been in the same situation and set up the same situation with my friend staying at home with my wife while I'm away. These are obviously different situations to the ones being argued about in this thread so I don't know why some people are purposely missing this point.
  • Salaman 2 May 2013 15:12:14 18,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I realise it's not 100% the same but when i got the email 30 minutes ago I had to smile and think of this topic.
  • Alastair 2 May 2013 15:13:09 14,953 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    I'll be in the South of France in August, we could have a mini geekmeet!
    And bring our mini-geeks!
    You might be on to something. I'll check in with you nearer the date when I've got a clue of where I might be going.
    No hitting on my wife though!!

Not as nice as I used to be

• Mr_Sleep 2 May 2013 15:14:24 16,247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Can this thread be locked as it's a duplicate of When Harry Met Sally.
    Well played.

You are a factory of sadness.

• LeoliansBro 2 May 2013 15:15:09 41,864 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Do you think it isn't?
    ?
    Misunderstood what you were reponding to.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Salaman 2 May 2013 15:16:33 18,241 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    I'll be in the South of France in August, we could have a mini geekmeet!
    And bring our mini-geeks!
    You might be on to something. I'll check in with you nearer the date when I've got a clue of where I might be going.
    No hitting on my wife though!!
    Well not whilst you're there obviously. Haven't you been paying attention to this topic at all?
  • Kosmoz 2 May 2013 15:16:54 7,509 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Kosmoz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Kosmoz wrote:
    In my two recent relationships, one girl was not happy with me having female friends so I constantly lied to her about where I was and who I was with in order to avoid hassle. The other is fine with it because she isn't a fucking moron. Guess which I'm still with?
    See this make you look like an idiot.
    How so?
    You constantly lied to your gf about seeing girls behind her back. She was obviously unhappy with it. You call her a fucking moron as a result. Yeah, you are the problem there.
    I got shot of her because of it. I wanted to spend time with my friends that I knew since before I met her. She wasn't happy, I tried discussing it. She wouldn't listen. I was 17 at the time.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• RightBean 2 May 2013 16:12:38 603 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:
    Leaving me and my mate's mrs to enjoy the southern Frnech sunset with a bottle of wine and a cheese platter to hand.

They have two kids as well which I assumed would be there but his email said "with the kids in Belgium there's plenty of room" so I'm guessing they're off for some vacation at his or her parents.
    Yeah I think thats a bit weird. How well do you know her?
    I think he should go for it, his mate has offered her up. Friends are strangers until they meet etc
  • ZuluHero 2 May 2013 16:26:54 3,663 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah totally, when she says she's going to bed, ask what side she's going to take, then jump in the other. Nothing is going to happen after all, right, and I'm sure his friend won't mind...

To quote mark from Peep Show, I know what Ill do, thinks Mark. Ill wait until shes sleeping, and then Ill touch her hair.

Edited by ZuluHero at 17:11:07 02-05-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 2 May 2013 17:47:05 8,748 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    psychokitten wrote:
    Salaman wrote:
    psychokitten wrote:

He means that with him being away, there's plenty of room in her vagina.
    :D

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• THFourteen 2 May 2013 17:47:31 31,804 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    People never intend to cheat.

However you spend enough time with one person that starts off platonic but feelings can develop as you get to know them and you only see the bad things about your current partner, and see that grass is greener on the other side of the fence, and it's something new and exciting etc etc

It's how so many relationships end.
    Too true.
    Git.

I guess the grass IS greener.
  • Shikasama 2 May 2013 17:48:09 6,276 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah ask your mate if you can sleep in the same bed as her and let us know what the reaction is.
  • Leolian 2 May 2013 21:04:08 1,050 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    pistol wrote:
    Sport has really helped me over the years but I'd like to think I'm a pretty sociable chap generally. I moved 70 miles from home 16 years ago and it didn't take me long to meet new people, whether that be through sport, work, people I met or friends of the wife. I'm still in regular contact with a handful of what I would close friends from my school days but everyone else has been since I moved away. Wife's very sociable so I've inherited a lot of her friends too, and in the main most of their other halves are cool. Some I'm closer to than others.

Then you make friends with other parents of your kid's. Some of which end up closer than others.

Consider myself quite fortunate tbh.
    Other parents of your kids???!
  • Armoured_Bear 2 May 2013 21:30:51 8,748 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Leolian wrote:
    pistol wrote:
    Sport has really helped me over the years but I'd like to think I'm a pretty sociable chap generally. I moved 70 miles from home 16 years ago and it didn't take me long to meet new people, whether that be through sport, work, people I met or friends of the wife. I'm still in regular contact with a handful of what I would close friends from my school days but everyone else has been since I moved away. Wife's very sociable so I've inherited a lot of her friends too, and in the main most of their other halves are cool. Some I'm closer to than others.

Then you make friends with other parents of your kid's. Some of which end up closer than others.

Consider myself quite fortunate tbh.
    Other parents of your kids???!
    Yeah, pistol lives in a hippie commune, they're a bit "special" that way.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Madder-Max 4 May 2013 16:45:23 11,566 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This thread is an eurogamer classic. Love how its now about hitting on peoples wives and visa versa

99 problems and being ginger is one

• woodnotes 4 May 2013 17:15:38 4,916 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kosmoz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Kosmoz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Kosmoz wrote:
    In my two recent relationships, one girl was not happy with me having female friends so I constantly lied to her about where I was and who I was with in order to avoid hassle. The other is fine with it because she isn't a fucking moron. Guess which I'm still with?
    See this make you look like an idiot.
    How so?
    You constantly lied to your gf about seeing girls behind her back. She was obviously unhappy with it. You call her a fucking moron as a result. Yeah, you are the problem there.
    I got shot of her because of it. I wanted to spend time with my friends that I knew since before I met her. She wasn't happy, I tried discussing it. She wouldn't listen. I was 17 at the time.
    You should have asked her WHY she wasn't happy with you seeing other girls, instead of just going out and lying to her. There was probably an underlying reason for her having jealousy or trust issues that needed to be brought to the table. Why do you have so many female friends anyway? Are blokes not good enough for you?
  • FWB 4 May 2013 17:17:18 41,943 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Probably cos she was a teenager, insecure and immature.
  • Trafford 4 May 2013 17:41:23 5,270 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I split up with my wife last December, gutted really, after 15 years she was my best friend. Mutual friends and my old neighbours may as well have dumped me also.
    I have mates through work, known most 10 years or more. Most are busy with full time families, like I used to be.

I go out cycling daily but don't fancy joining a club.

At the moment I'm considering learning a foreign language or turning to Christianity.
  • Kosmoz 4 May 2013 22:56:52 7,509 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Probably cos she was a teenager, insecure and immature.
    Boom! Also I have always had mostly female friends. Dunno why.

• JuanKerr 5 May 2013 00:43:07 36,094 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's probably because you're a weirdo and most men think you're a bit of a prick.
  • Kosmoz 5 May 2013 00:50:04 7,509 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds about right.

• Blotto 5 May 2013 01:06:27 2,514 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    And that's coming from a self proclaimed JuanKerr.
  • Chopsen 5 May 2013 01:11:12 15,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Biggest issue is that I am lazy, talking to people is hard work and I do it all day at work.

I just want to cut straight to the paedo jokes and drunken "I love you man's" without all the preceeding chit chat.
    This. A million times, this.
  • twelveways 5 May 2013 04:50:16 3,500 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I find that being a weed smoker is a great way to meet new people, stoners tend to subconsciously gravitate towards each other and finding a new supply or sharing your stash is a great way to make friends.

On the downside, most of my friends are lazy drop outs.
  • sport 5 May 2013 07:02:15 12,045 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't mention it pistol. Anytime.
  • Madder-Max 5 May 2013 07:38:10 11,566 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I made an adult friend yesterday! One of the chefs from work. Had a day off and it involved a mini pub crawl followed by shooting air rifles at paper targets and drinking jagermeister and sangria! He's ex forces and I kicked his arse at shooting and drank him under the table. Payong for it now though but it was nice to be told more than ten times that he has my back lol.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Chopsen 5 May 2013 12:08:20 15,176 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    isnt the word adult redundsnt in that context? I wouldn't expect you to be befriending a child.
  • Lukus 5 May 2013 13:55:19 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ex forces people I've met all tend to be a bit nuts one way or another. I give it 1 week before his extreme views start to seep out.

*Generalises massively*

Paintings & Photographs

• Page

of 15 First / Last