Die Hardest Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 18:43:49
    No, pretty sure it was the F35 stunt. I think the crux of his claim was that he didn't have a CGI body double, even when he was fucking around on top of the damn thing.
  • ronuds 30 Apr 2013 18:56:24 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hate to burst your bubble, meme, but he seems to readily admit the F35 scene had CGI.

http://uk.askmen.com/celebs/interview_200/245b_bruce_willis_interview.html

What are your favorite and most sort of iconic scenes from this movie that we should be looking out for?
    B: I like the first, what I call, warfare scene -- high-tech warfare scene. It's kind of a running-gun battle between John McClane and, at that particular point in the film, unknown high-tech bad guys -- assassins who have come to kill Justin Long. I like that. I like the kills in that one. There's a great set-piece in the middle of the film, which is a very expensive take with Maggie Q, that is particularly brutal. And really the only CGI in the film has to do with an F35 which is the new version of a Harrier jet, which can hover and stay stationary and move laterally. Because there's some rule about not flying a jet 25 feet off the deck in the streets of downtown Washington, D.C.
    Edited by ronuds at 18:56:54 30-04-2013
  • roz123 30 Apr 2013 18:57:19 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Why does the pilot hover his plane underneath a collapsing road?

I watched 4 a month or two back and it already feels dated because they keep going on about anthrax attacks and other post 911 things and the hacking stuff is nearly as bad as Skyfall but it was still quite enjoyable as an OTT action movie

Edited by roz123 at 18:58:20 30-04-2013
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 19:06:14
    This was a pre-movie interview talking about how they didn't want CGI and how there were no CGI stuntmen etc etc, referencing the "riding the F35" as actual stunt and model work. Came up around the same time as Frank Marshall's statement that Indy 4 would have no CGI stunts, I think. Buggered if I can be bothered searching for it now, though.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Apr 2013 22:34:06 25,624 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Meme just admit it, you're talking shite!! Die Hard 4 was fully animated, even Brucey.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next