Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://dukope.com/

Immigration Officer GG

Lucky real officers have computers!
  • Zizoo 30 Apr 2013 14:02:44 7,705 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I tried this the other day at 2am just before going to bed and enjoyed it well enough. I realized too late that I needed to get through the inspections quickly in order to pass the day though.
  • Kill_Crazy 2 May 2013 20:33:50 2,281 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Quite enjoyed this. Pretty pony at it atm and can't seem to find out how to raise a visa length query but looking forwards to a proper release on steam.
  • Leolian 2 May 2013 21:08:10 1,050 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good game this. Reminds me of cook, serve, delicious. Monotony=fun as long as there's a sense of achievement.
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 21:11:19
    It's something like this that actually makes me feel positive for games. You can get more narrative, emotion and deeper meaning in what is, effectively, a relatively simple puzzle game than you can out of most of the million dollar AAA press-a-to-win games floating around on shelves.
  • cowell 14 Aug 2013 17:41:44 667 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought today! So weirdly compelling!
  • Deleted user 14 August 2013 17:49:23
    The story mode is wonderfully done and very emotive, my only issue with it is that the natural end appears quite abruptly and can be very punishing if you don't plan properly for it.

It's also not helped by a very late shift to a unified visa for foreign nationals which reduces the paper shuffling but really should come in much earlier to make life easier as there's just not enough screen real estate when you can be cross-checking six or seven documents at the same time.
  • TarickStonefire 29 Aug 2013 11:57:21 2,613 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sounds like Charlie Brooker's favourite "daily guff-storm" The Wright Stuff is tonorrow going to be actually arguing FOR games not being as responsible for violent kids as the media tends to paint them, and got the impression from what Ann Diamond just said that Papers Please might get a mention.

Um not that I watch daytime tv on a gorgeous sunny day like today. I was flicking channels.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Bremenacht 11 Dec 2013 01:30:04 15,753 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My desire to be a better citizen of Arstotzka is burning bright. You will help?

Discrepencies regarding length of stay are a stain on my record. Please assist, by advising how I may avoid this shameful errors. Highlighting the length of stay on travel document does not appear to work. What wrong?

Please assist fellow citizen? For glory of Arstotzka?

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Phattso Moderator 11 Dec 2013 05:40:29 12,723 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Eef memory serve, you am need to query length of stay on document with transcript of the conversation. If doc says two week and people they are am say one month then query is!

You can access what people say by dragging up the teletype looking thing in the middle of your desk.

Comrade.
  • Bremenacht 11 Dec 2013 12:43:49 15,753 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The teletype thingy! Comrade!

/splits weekly bonus with Phattso

• J0s3Sn4k3 20 Dec 2013 06:32:00 29 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I bought it some time ago, and had alot of fun, I still have it installed on steam.

Edited by J0s3Sn4k3 at 06:32:17 20-12-2013
  • StixxUK 20 Dec 2013 09:29:40 7,170 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Grabbed this in the sale, interesting and would make a great tablet game.

Quite tough though! I got shut down after less than a week!
  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 10:01:11 2,613 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gave this a go but it was far too annoyingly difficult to enjoy. All that fiddly 'open all the documents and lay them out and try to spot the problem through use of the equally fiddly gadgetry, most of which is obscured by all the documents you've had to lay out, and which isn't exactly the easiest to use anyway" - I get the point they're trying to make by making it all so painfully hard to actually use, but the end result is that the game itself is no fun to play. And yes I know it's not meant to be fun as it's about sending a message, but I didn't even get to enjoy it not being fun and having a message because I was too busy snarling at the stupid UI.

Basically I object to buying a game that's been deliberately built to frustrate and annoy as part of a 'message'.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• StixxUK 20 Dec 2013 10:44:16 7,170 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's art, man. You know. Made by educated upper middle class people to highlight the struggle of the downtrodden masses.

I do very much see your point. I found it fiddly and I made a lot of mistakes hence failing quite quickly. I do have the urge to go back and see more though!
  • Trowel 24 Dec 2013 15:38:10 16,848 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Right, this article has sold to me - I need something to tide me over Christmas (as P4G obviously isn't going to be enough...)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-18-games-of-2013-papers-please
  • hiddenranbir 24 Dec 2013 17:43:01 5,744 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I do think some aspects of interface could have been better to help the process, but I guess part of the plan was to drain you mentally and physically of going through the same process over and over in the most obnoxious way possible.
  • Bremenacht 24 Dec 2013 19:39:04 15,753 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TarickStonefire It think all the stuff you mention has it's correct place, reflecting the tedious, stupid nature of your 'job'. The true challenge is how you interact with the challenges put forward by the people you are processing. Is this one a liar? Is this one a criminal? Even if he is a criminal, should I really detain him? What is right and what is wrong? The game provides no help - you just have to decide for yourself. Some characters return and develop the possible stories. How you interact with them sets the future of the game.

A nice touch is that you can go back to any day in your career, and change it - branching out into a new set of possibilities, rather than having to start all over again in the hope of doing better. There is no 'message'. Just possibilities.

• Tomo 26 Dec 2013 02:24:21 13,839 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finally got round to playing this properly. It's so, so good. Indie game of the year for me.

My ending was imprisonment after I shot someone at the request of EZIC - down with Artzotska!
  • bobdebob 26 Dec 2013 15:01:10 520 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    A 5 minute Warioware-esque game stretched out to boredom. A digital job.

Jesus, you could could get the same experience and issues at working at Tesco's except you'd get paid.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next