The +/- system needs a fix or to go

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:25:15 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anyone else agree?

    Seeing too many comments get - to hell.

    I don't think a persons comments should be hidden just because 10 people don't agree with them.

    Hell look at the Outside XBox articles every week. You cant comment on those without the trolls - every comment.
    The system is flawed and IMO needs to go or simply show how many + and -'s a comment gets without hiding them.

    If its a spam bot? people can just report it and the staff can handle it but its getting a bit to NeoGaf in the comments section now days.

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 15:55:06 29-04-2013
  • GuiltySpark 29 Apr 2013 15:26:12 6,423 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or just y'know, don't base your life around the approval of your forum comment.

    Get bent.

  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 15:27:17 11,341 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Anyone else agree?

    Seeing too many comments get - to hell simply because this site appears to largely be used by Sony Fans.

    Post a positive about MS? Get - till the comment is hidden. Simply say you are waiting for the announcement before bashing it? get - till its hidden.
    Say you don't like something Sony? And you guessed it ;-)


    Hell look at the Outside XBox articles every week. You cant comment on those without the trolls - every comment.
    The system is flawed and IMO needs to go or simply show how many + and -'s a comment gets without hiding them.

    If its a spam bot? people can just report it and the staff can handle it but its getting a bit to NeoGaf in the comments section now days.
    We have an XBot!!!!

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 15:27:44
    Reminds me I've not seen the +1 thread in some time...
  • Steve_Perry 29 Apr 2013 15:27:44 4,548 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Steve's advice corner:

    1. Turn off keyboard/phone
    2. Go outside
    3. Find happiness

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 15:27:51
    No one other than the cripplingly retarded read the comments.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:27:55 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It ruins any chance to have a real discussion about articles because too many comments get blanked out for not following the trend.
  • Salaman 29 Apr 2013 15:27:56 19,261 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just stick to the forum. It's safe here*.















    * it might not be really all that safe here in reality
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 15:28:12
    Yeah, if you care about this you have already failed. I only go to the front page for the troll comments anyway and the +/- is a perfect way to find them.
  • BillMurray 29 Apr 2013 15:29:12 7,790 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I hardly ever scroll down far enough to get a look at the comments thankfully.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:29:52 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    No one other than the cripplingly retarded read the comments.
    Have you seen how many comments most articles get?

    I like hearing peoples views but don't see why someones post should be blacked out because it doesn't follow a trend.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 15:30:08 60,439 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a complicated system, so heres a quick explanation:

    If its an MS story, post something positive about MS and get +'d

    If its a sony story, post something positive about sony and get +'d

    If its a nintendo story, post something positive about nintendo and get +'d

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • MrTomFTW Moderator 29 Apr 2013 15:30:23 38,664 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Or adjust your comment viewing threshold so your comments don't get hidden.

    But yeah, get rid of voting. Or just change it so it displays the number of votes each way instead as a slightly fairer representation.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:31:26 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Salaman :lol: Just don't mention the word book in a tv/film topic. Even if you just mention what book its based on prepare for a backlash.

    The forums are a lot better balanced from what Ive seen.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:32:17 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @nickthegun Doesn't really work like that any more sadly.
  • nickthegun 29 Apr 2013 15:32:34 60,439 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ, just accept youre a book wanker and give it a rest.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:33:10 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :lol:

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 15:34:21 29-04-2013
  • Deleted user 29 April 2013 15:35:19
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    No one other than the cripplingly retarded read the comments.
    Have you seen how many comments most articles get?

    I like hearing peoples views but don't see why someones post should be blacked out because it doesn't follow a trend.
    Yes I have, sorry I don't know what your point is.
  • Shikasama 29 Apr 2013 15:36:59 6,962 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    No one other than the cripplingly retarded read the comments.
    Have you seen how many comments most articles get?

    I like hearing peoples views but don't see why someones post should be blacked out because it doesn't follow a trend.
    Yes I have, sorry I don't know what your point is.
    How cripplingly retarded of you
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:38:07 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Zing.
  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:39:52 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Multi gamer :cool:
  • morriss 29 Apr 2013 15:39:59 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Or adjust your comment viewing threshold so your comments don't get hidden.

    But yeah, get rid of voting. Or just change it so it displays the number of votes each way instead as a slightly fairer representation.
    Agreed. Flawed system is flawed.

    I wish I could be cool and tell you not to care whilst insinuating that if you do, you're an idiot but I just can't.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 29 Apr 2013 15:40:27 38,664 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Now now guys. Can't you just agree that you're all cripplingly retarded and move on?

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • morriss 29 Apr 2013 15:41:22 71,123 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shikasama wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    No one other than the cripplingly retarded read the comments.
    Have you seen how many comments most articles get?

    I like hearing peoples views but don't see why someones post should be blacked out because it doesn't follow a trend.
    Yes I have, sorry I don't know what your point is.
    How cripplingly retarded of you
    :)
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 15:43:56 11,341 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Multi gamer :cool:
    I'm not fooled :cool:

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Baihu1983 29 Apr 2013 15:46:33 3,510 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Shall i take a picture of my current set up with mt 360, Dreamcast, Saturn and PS3 :lol:

    Oh please don't make me have to prove myself to someone Ive never met!!!

    By the way all this next gen talk. Would take a Dreamcast 2 over everything else.
  • shamblemonkee 29 Apr 2013 15:47:19 14,485 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't know, I have the filtering turned off and enjoy seeking out the most trolled comments for a laugh
  • Armoured_Bear 29 Apr 2013 15:48:27 11,341 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Shall i take a picture of my current set up with mt 360, Dreamcast, Saturn and PS3 :lol:

    Oh please don't make me have to prove myself to someone Ive never met!!!

    By the way all this next gen talk. Would take a Dreamcast 2 over everything else.
    You have two SEGA consoles, there's clearly something wrong with you.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • THFourteen 29 Apr 2013 15:48:33 33,833 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sometimes I just downrate comments for fun, because I am bored
  • Razz 29 Apr 2013 15:48:44 61,391 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I wish we had a comment karma system on the forums

    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

  • Page

    of 5 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply