3D on PC

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Widge Moderator 17 Apr 2013 16:38:15 13,436 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually don't know anything about this. I have a 3DTV on its way to me and I suddenly thought I could delve into some PC 3D gaming.

Do I literally need the thing plugged in and it'll be ok? On an nVidia 660 so the tech should be all there.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Fake_Blood 17 Apr 2013 17:00:52 4,165 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope, you need nvidia 3Dtv play, which will set you back $40.
    There's a two week free trial though.
  • Roddles 17 Apr 2013 17:04:46 1,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I'd be interested in this.

I tried before, but I couldn't find a trial version of 3Dtv play, or one that was supposedly compatible with my "system" (the installer would fail).
  • Maturin 17 Apr 2013 17:10:19 2,955 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some games just work without extra software. Crysis 2/3 for example - you just turn 3D on in the menu.
  • souvlaki 17 Apr 2013 17:11:30 717 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a 3D TV and an ATI card and Tomb Raider just worked with no extra setup or other gubbins. Looked good but I didn't play the game in it (just watched the benchmark) as I get travel sick enough as it is.
  • Maturin 17 Apr 2013 17:14:42 2,955 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The 3D options is greyed out for me on Tomb Raider, no idea how to sort that out.

I just tried to install the Nvidia 3dTV Play trial but it says it can't detect an Nvidia driver installed. Which is wrong.
  • Sharzam 17 Apr 2013 20:42:32 2,832 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nvidea is closed 3D system so you need to jump the hoops but AMD use a open standard so will work with pretty much everything with third party solutions.

As far as iam aware 3D is included in the driver package. When you go into the Nvidea control panel and select 'setup stereoscoptic 3D' what options are in the drop down box for display type? Personally i have 3D Vision Kit so i have "Benq 120hz 3D LCD" and "3D Vision Discover", does it show your TV in the 3D display type ?

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Maturin 17 Apr 2013 21:16:59 2,955 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It seems to want to find 3DVision kit. It doesn't recognise my LG 3D TV.
  • Widge Moderator 18 Apr 2013 12:52:10 13,436 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hm, ok, I'll have to check this out in more depth once the set arrives.
    I've got Crysis 2 so can use that as a benchmark.

Mainly just curious. Killzone 3 was too much of a sensory overload for me to play in 3D, but want to try out a few more games.

_ _ _

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 18 Apr 2013 12:56:06 6,654 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    3D on the PC huh? The fact that you could massively improve the framerate by switching it off would get on my tits tbh. I find myself constantly frigging around with graphics variables as it is :D
  • Widge Moderator 18 Apr 2013 13:31:00 13,436 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    3D on the PC huh? The fact that you could massively improve the framerate by switching it off would get on my tits tbh. I find myself constantly frigging around with graphics variables as it is :D
    True. Which is why I'll probably try to keep it to the games that my card effectively beasts! Looking here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_3D_Vision_Ready_games

I'm sure Just Cause 2 would be intriguing. LA Noire another. And Witcher 2 for sure.

_ _ _

• Page

of 1

Previous Next