• Nades 17 Aug 2013 20:45:17 633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Surprised they're even doing one?

Liverpool FC

• dnbuk 21 Aug 2013 03:32:09 4,926 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seeing as the PC version won't have the Ignite engine will it at least have the Pure Shot & Real Ball Physics shiz?
  • Nades 22 Aug 2013 12:17:14 633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would of thought so.

Liverpool FC

• uglygamer 27 Aug 2013 10:48:50 11,796 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-14/25505-fifa-14-career-mode-the-new-features

Career Mode Fundamentals
    A new “Disable first summer transfer window” option has been added to Career Modes setup. This will allow you to maintain real world squads up until January.
    The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are.
    Player growth now appears to be more subtle, with only minor gains and decreases seen after half a seasons play.
    Player fatigue has maintained the match by match recovery changes from FIFA 13 but appears to be more harsh on in-game fatigue, with more players in to the orange/red values.
    Career Mode User Interface
    A new user interface has revolutionised the way you navigate Career Mode's menus.
    Five main navigation options now hold all game information – Central, Squad, Transfers, Office and Season.
    Most tiles in the Career Mode interface have sub-options which you access by flicking the right analogue stick.
    Team formations can now be changed on the fly without going in to Team Management. A tile on the Squad screen is dedicated to this task.
    The email screen now has a reading pane and the game no longer stops advancement for trivial information.
    Player Conversations now appear in the their own tab within the email notification screen.
    Global Transfer Network
    When you start Career Mode you will now have 3 GTN scouts already hired.
    You can have a maximum of 6 GTN scouts.
    6 Scout Instruction slots allow you to configure the types of players you want to search for.
    You first choose the position, age group and contract length. Then up to six traits to find the type of player you want to find.
    You can relocate your scouts to new countries, or recall them at any time.
    A tile on the Central Career Mode homepage, updates in real time as new players are scouted.
    Once targets are identified you can choose to remove them, keep them, or compile a more detailed scouting report.
    The detailed scouting reports will show you a selection of player stats and their potential transfer value. The more times you scout a player the more accurate the data becomes.
    The player OVR value is hidden, as are the “showing great potential” and “has that something special” traits, until scouting has been completed.
    Youth scouting is still in Career Mode and is completely separate to the Global Transfer Network.
    Youth scouting now costs money too (192k for 3 months).
    Transfers
    A new “Reject all/Disallow future offers” option has been added to the transfer offer screen. This will prevent clubs from persistently offering for players you do not want to sell at any price.
    The new Transfers Hub shows all the latest rumours, news and the biggest deals all on one screen.
    Transfer Deadline Day now has a club by club breakdown for the league you're in. This allows you to see all the Ins and Outs at the clubs in your league.
    Career Mode Audio
    Jeff Stelling is now the stadium and pre-match announcer for FIFA 14.
    The commentary team now directly reference previous match results, eg “a great 3-1 win against Swansea last week”.
    The commentary team will also discuss current transfer rumours in more detail.
  • Nades 27 Aug 2013 12:50:54 633 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All sounds good. Hope we dont get unrealistic transfers again.

Liverpool FC

• Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 12:57:56 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'd like it if managers changed around too. Apparently the lot you start off with are all going to be in the same jobs no matter how many years you go down the line.

Similarly, I'd also like it if other international sides came in for you rather than you being stuck with a country unless you resign.

Clubs being easier to negotiate with would be nice too. Usually they won't take a penny less than the amount they ask for, which isn't actually negotiation.
  • vijay_UK 27 Aug 2013 13:03:45 1,672 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anyone know why squad updates don't really update squads? Unless I am doing something wrong. For example, the Liverpool squad still does not have Mignolet, Toure, Aspas, etc even though I have updated. I know you can manually transfer players across, but that's a hassle for all player transfers, and does this not get overwritten each time you press yes to update?

I thought the game would update to the latest squads until Fifa14 is released. I'm not really an expert on Fifa so apologies if there is something obvious I have missed.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Aug 2013 13:05:29 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dunno, I wondered that because I think Man City have got Navas early.
  • mikew1985 27 Aug 2013 13:06:23 12,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's a joke right?
  • Deckard1 27 Aug 2013 13:08:03 25,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The squads don't update in career mode, unless you start a new career.

Called it

• Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 13:08:19 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't think they're updating the squads, to be honest. Maybe they'll do a big update after the window closes, but during January they were updating it as they went along.

Updating does overwrite any changes you make to the squads, yes.

At the moment the updates are form for MLS teams.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Aug 2013 13:08:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    No, he was in the squad for seasons last time I played.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 13:12:03 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    When you start a new Career you can download the latest squads and begin with them. I don't know why they have the default option as starting with the default squads.

Naturally a new squad update wouldn't change anything in an ongoing Career, because the Career is in its own universe.
  • vijay_UK 27 Aug 2013 13:12:36 1,672 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd also add, the EPL doesn't even include the promoted teams Palace, Hull and Cardiff. The relegated teams are still in the EPL.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Aug 2013 13:14:51 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They're never going to frig with the league rosters, there would be no point in people buying fifa 14 if they did that.
  • elephantjuice 27 Aug 2013 13:15:59 554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good news about career mode. Glad it's getting some attention as it is by far and way my most played mode but is in much need of updating.

What I'd really liek to see though is pronounced differences in the way AI teams play, so there is a real difference in how Stoke plays compared to Arsenal rather than just being based purely on individual player stats.

@Tom_Servo

Are you talking about managers not changing clubs? I've had quite a few job offers from other clubs so presumably AI managers do get sacked/resign.
  • mikew1985 27 Aug 2013 13:17:03 12,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I can't believe you lot are even having this discussion. Have you missed the whole point of annual updates to football games for all of these years?

Even Winter transfers are a relatively recent innovation.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Aug 2013 13:17:15 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got told that two player coop is getting included this year, which will be pretty cool.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 13:18:02 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah. I wish they'd let you change what teams are in what league, but I suppose once you're at that point of customisation you might as well not buy another FIFA. The next one badly needs Shakhtar and the Turkish clubs in it, because they're increasingly involved in transfers. If you're manually updating right now you're going to have to live without Fernandinho, for example.

I don't buy FIFA every year, so I'll be manually updating as much as I can be bothered with.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 13:21:05 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You get offers from other clubs, but no one else seems to. So, for example, Michael Laudrup doesn't move from Swansea to Barcelona or whatever.

If you do the press thing you'll notice it's always the same managers in the same teams.
  • graysonavich 27 Aug 2013 13:25:37 6,802 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd like to go back to being able to play on the same team with a friend against the AI...but wait for it...ONLINE.
  • elephantjuice 27 Aug 2013 13:25:43 554 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ah right I'm with you. Tbf I couldn't even remeber if actual managers are used in career mode, shows how much attention I'm paying.
  • infoxicated 27 Aug 2013 13:25:57 1,022 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone know if FIFA 14 still does that thing at the end of a season where player contracts expire, but the next year's budget isn't in place to sign them. So by the time you have the cash to sign them from the following year's budget they're all free agents who won't negotiate with you?

Me and my brother in-law play a career mode together and lost 5 really good squad members because they were all at the end of their contracts, yet the money wasn't there to re-sign them. Was really shit and felt like we'd been caught out by a really crap game mechanic.

It was especially bollocks because we'd gained promotion with that squad and wanted to see how far they could take us - the budget for being up a league was bigger, too, so we could have signed them all easily.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 27 Aug 2013 13:27:06 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    I'd like to go back to being able to play on the same team with a friend against the AI...but wait for it...ONLINE.
    I heard that you will be able to.
  • graysonavich 27 Aug 2013 13:31:14 6,802 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Excellent!

There's nothing I like more than something reaching the bare minimum expectation.
  • THFourteen 27 Aug 2013 13:32:15 31,809 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you Arsene Wenger?
  • mikew1985 27 Aug 2013 13:33:47 12,069 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zing!
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Aug 2013 13:39:40 16,261 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    Anyone know if FIFA 14 still does that thing at the end of a season where player contracts expire, but the next year's budget isn't in place to sign them. So by the time you have the cash to sign them from the following year's budget they're all free agents who won't negotiate with you?
    I lost Pastore and Benteke through this very problem. It's so stupid and ill judged. I'm sure they haven't changed it.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Rens11 27 Aug 2013 23:25:38 1,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice to see some changes being made to career mode hopefully loading times between matches are reduced as the news feed takes forever, will be interesting seeing how the new scouting system and obscured ovr player stat pans out. Sounds like the biggest update to career mode in years

Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

• Tom_Servo 27 Aug 2013 23:51:47 15,539 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Since it said that the changes to stats are minimal (at least over half a season), what's to stop you just looking at a player's stats in Kick Off mode?

I guess nothing, and it just expects you to play it in the spirit intended (which I probably would, in fairness)!
  • Page

of 23 First / Last