FIFA 14 Page 2

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 16:14:11
    I heard indoor 5-a-side mode is back, which could be really excellent.
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 16:21:19
    kalel wrote:
    I heard indoor 5-a-side mode is back, which could be really excellent.
    This will be the best addition if it's true.
  • Sid-Nice 17 Apr 2013 16:25:38 15,851 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I like the new feature "Pure Shot" or in Newcastle's case "Pure Shit."

NNID Sid-Nice

• teamHAM 17 Apr 2013 16:26:16 3,152 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    At least they're doing work on the shooting, I'm bored of scoring the same goals over and over.
    At least it's not as bad as WC2002 where matches would often be two teams taking turns scoring directly from the kick off with the ball turning into a comet on a powershot and ending up with a cricket score.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• andijames 17 Apr 2013 16:41:53 2,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    At least they're doing work on the shooting, I'm bored of scoring the same goals over and over.
    At least it's not as bad as WC2002 where matches would often be two teams taking turns scoring directly from the kick off with the ball turning into a comet on a powershot and ending up with a cricket score.
    They should bring that back and use it instead of a penalty shootout! :)

vivir el momento

• SomaticSense 17 Apr 2013 16:46:00 9,155 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    I'm still playing a FIFA 12 career.

The only thing that bugs me a lot is the defending is a bit gash - the way you can hold X and have your player chase the other guy all over the place is like something out of Benny Hill.

The tactical defending in FIFA 13 was better, I think, but I find attacking much more rewarding in FIFA 12 - at least in '12 I can get a shot on goal instead of the block party you get in '13.

The fact they haven't made a big song and dance and dropped made-up words makes me think this is a rolling update for current gen consoles with most of the team moved onto next gen efforts.
    To be honest it would probably have been better if they did just a roster update via DLC for '13, or better yet just skipped a year.

Sports games at the start of a new console generations are always poor bare-bones rush jobs, with barely any content besides exhibition matches, generic single match online games, and single season career modes. It'd be nice if they put all their effort into making sure their entrance to the next gen amounted to more than a skeletal graphical showcase costing full price.
  • andijames 17 Apr 2013 20:20:31 2,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't know.. i think FIFA 14 will be a port of the X86 version of the PC conversion of 14? (if that makes sense) which should hopefully at least give parity on the release version for once instead of it being completely shite like pervious versions. After all the current PC FIFA is on par with the consoles.

vivir el momento

• Nades 18 Apr 2013 11:04:13 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Nades wrote:
    Hahah good times :p

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: EU-Nades

• El_MUERkO 18 Apr 2013 12:18:10 17,149 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked 13 but the difference between the AI on Professional and anything above professional was basically massive amounts of cheating by the game engine.
  • Lyserberg 24 May 2013 12:02:01 349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxE5MaKuCEc

Even though a random news said that it was prerendered (making what EA Sport's guy said a total BS), it is very possible to see such image quality with the next FIFA, 10 times more depth and more detail to animations, and 4 times more calculations can be done in the same one second compared to the previous iteration.

We had nice looking crowd in early PES and FIFA in next-gen but they were slightly sacrificed every year to bring more polygons to the player's faces... i hope i'll not be the case here, people might think that they're actually putting more load on console but they're intelligently applying a voodoo magic trick to make it work on current-gen console... not it's not, they're just making everything else ulgier and use the depth-of-field effect make it less noticeable and presumably hide it..., so hopefully they won't keep saying "Oh nice crowd !" and after 5 years it's ass-looking humanoďds again.

With all that said, it still very promising, and unless 2K Sports does something more impressive with the lesser budget they've got EA Sports takes care of the virtual sports game selection for the moment...

Edited by Lyserberg at 12:17:17 24-05-2013

La cerise sur le gâteau!

• THFourteen 24 May 2013 12:03:22 34,471 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is just replay angle footage. Replay angle footage always looks better.
  • Lyserberg 24 May 2013 12:11:30 349 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    This is just replay angle footage. Replay angle footage always looks better.
    I'm aware of that actually, but god knows how much i hate pixelated drawed with penis crowds, it just drives me crazy...

+ I could see a slight if not significant benefit from it as the next-gen console standard is 1080p.

La cerise sur le gâteau!

• Nades 24 May 2013 12:14:01 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I dont see the next FIFA being this good to be honest. But I will hope!

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Physically_Insane 9 Jun 2013 13:07:51 9,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    uglygamer wrote:
    Read a few previews, delighted they are slowing the gameplay and going for a more a realistic game of football, should mean more midfield play and less end to end, your chance my chance matches
    Well, that sounds shit.
  • dnbuk 13 Jun 2013 19:10:29 4,958 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lead producer is talking to Gamespot at the mo and showing gameplay but worryingly he keeps mentioning XBOX One "Crowds will come to life on XBOX One" and some other stuff.

I know it will be for every platform but I hope MS & EA aren't conspiring to make the PS4 version a lesser product.

(He just mentioned XBOX One again...it's like he's been paid to say it a certain amount of times)
  • dsmx 13 Jun 2013 19:34:49 7,731 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well EA did mention a partnership with Microsoft months ago chances are this is part of it, they've probably agreed to show every game they preview on the one first, amongst other things.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• elephantjuice 10 Jul 2013 10:25:33 791 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has there been any word on how the next gen version will compare to current gen in terms of features and game modes?

The cynical side of me is expecting EA to champion the new ignite engine (ooh shiny) whilst neglecting other aspects of the game (no career mode, etc).
  • andijames 10 Jul 2013 11:26:07 2,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah i was thinking this too. I'm hoping the feature set is pretty much on par with what they have at the moment (could they base this off of the x86 code for PC they have?) and then add in the new features but going by past generations the first or second iterations of FIFA games are usually a bit of a dog :/

Here's hoping this one bucks the trend!

vivir el momento

• Nades 17 Aug 2013 00:06:30 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So, on the next gen FIFA 14, will the graphics be better? Or will they just release the same game as the current gen?

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Rodpad 17 Aug 2013 08:57:08 2,097 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Same.
  • mikew1985 17 Aug 2013 09:25:18 13,042 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They have a new graphics engine. I have no concerns about it looking better.

I'm more concerned about feature parity. EA sports games tend to come as a threadbare version in the first iteration on a new console.
  • Nades 17 Aug 2013 19:19:08 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I reckon it'll be just the same as the current gen, just with slightly better graphics.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• elephantjuice 17 Aug 2013 20:23:39 791 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What mike said. It won't just be a graphical upgrade as it'll be running on a new engine on PS4 + XB1. It's the content that concerns me.
  • Nades 17 Aug 2013 20:28:58 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, there's definitely going to be Ultimate Team, and it's not like online and Career Mode won't be there, so I'm sorted right there.

Liverpool FC
    _______

• Nades 17 Aug 2013 20:29:00 1,679 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

Liverpool FC
    _______