FIFA 14 Page 10

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Punctum 28 Sep 2013 08:55:13 933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    The football game scene really needs another big contender to come in and shake it up a bit. Both of them are crap
    This.
  • Punctum 28 Sep 2013 09:00:53 933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Hikerholic

Yeh, I think I'm coming to that place too. With all the scripting and tweaked 'advances' towards more realistic gameplay the fun seems to have been left behind.

Might even dig out PES 6 to see if it's more fun than the current crop.
  • superdelphinus 28 Sep 2013 09:04:47 8,051 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An equivalent of a modern day actua soccer would be good - not in terms of the actual game, but in the way it tried to do things completely differently
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2013 09:11:30 43,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Can barely keep the ball in my own half, everything is so fast!
    This. Doesn't feel right.

Starting to think I'll not bother with a football game this year, which would mean I haven't had one since I bought FIFA 11 3 years ago.

I won't get PES 14 because of the shoddy netcode - I only play football games for the online multiplayer (and the occasional local game).

I wonder how FIFA 14 on next gen plays, but the lack of information/footage of it running on PS4/One this close to the launch of both, doesn't bode well for either version tbh.

• spindle9988 28 Sep 2013 09:26:29 3,530 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    An equivalent of a modern day actua soccer would be good - not in terms of the actual game, but in the way it tried to do things completely differently
    Actual soccer felt like the players were on an ice rink. I'm sure it was the 1st game to introduce proper commentary tho.

Then again I might be wrong

Edited by spindle9988 at 09:31:51 28-09-2013
  • superdelphinus 28 Sep 2013 09:28:36 8,051 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah it was ropey but wasn't it the first also to have proper 3d graphics as well? It looks crap now but looks several years ahead of what FIFA looked like at the same time (which I think was still isometric and sprite based
  • Slikz 28 Sep 2013 09:51:28 250 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Syrette I played next gen fifa on x1 at EG and quite enjoyed it. It has a different feel but still the same gameplay. The visuals alone add to the atmosphere most notably the crowds, I couldn't hear anything though. I only played three matches but it was enough for to make up my mind, I want it. Looks very clean and smoothe helped no doubt by the 1080/60p. Played with Barca against Real both featuring the latest squads I.e. neymar/bale. I assume it's the latest version as Real isn't in the 360/ps3 demo.
  • Syrette 28 Sep 2013 12:08:56 43,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Slikz

Interesting.

Could do with some phone camera footage of the Expo demo tbh.

• Punctum 28 Sep 2013 13:37:51 933 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    Couldn't agree with this more.
  • TheMilkman 28 Sep 2013 15:40:06 205 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrette This is the best footage I have seen so far. It doesn't look that much better graphically.

• Hikerholic 28 Sep 2013 17:45:21 18 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I remember Adidas Power Soccer doing the rounds the same time as Actua Soccer....it was quite comical in that a specific button input guaranteed a goal due to the unstoppable power charge. Think I paid £45 for it from Virgin Records but with a free game included which IIRC was Disruptor which was an awesome FPS and the saving grace of the purchase.
  • f311 29 Sep 2013 11:01:41 248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quick question here, but ive gotten fairly lucky with my ultimate team on the ps3 version, surely it carrys on when you upgrade to the ps4 version?
  • Syrette 29 Sep 2013 11:16:59 43,359 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yes it does.

Google "FIFA 14 next gen carryover"

• f311 29 Sep 2013 11:33:52 248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Okay cheers :)

Also is there anyway to accees the fifa 13 webapp to sell players?

Ive sold my fifa 13 and i have like a full Barca and real team, didnt know the coins would carry over so im gonna try sell them :)
  • cjb_bjc 30 Sep 2013 12:54:08 1,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    All sold out in Tesco's yesterday (PS3 only) . Think I might wait till the PS4 comes out, gives me a reason to buy it then!
  • TheMayorOfJugs 30 Sep 2013 13:05:20 3,391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Every single year, I lament buying the new Fifa, become frustrated and upset at the stonking heap of shit I've spent 60 squids on, begrudge the fact I'll have to stick with it to keep up with the online community, and long wirh an ache down to my balls for the familiarity of the previous iteration.

And then it clicks. I'm quite enjoying this now, feels like a proper footbal match, and the ridiculously overpowered shooting has lent itself to some excellent, open, frantic and tight matches. I find grief when matched with the people who've been investing hours and hours and abuse little quirks in the scripting (lost 12-5 to a cunt who kept walloping these wonky looking shots and tapping in rebounds), but no more than the usual. Hooked again, you evil bastards EA.
  • cjb_bjc 30 Sep 2013 13:58:54 1,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    To be fair to EA the first few months there are always things that are slightly/heavily overpowered or, but they usually find a way to patch it out or tweak it a but and it becomes a lot more fair after that.
  • f311 1 Oct 2013 18:55:48 248 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Right, been playing this the last few days (ultimate team) and i've amassed a really good team

My team is

Cech
    Zabaletta, Vidic, Kompany, A.cole
    Ozil, Mata, Silva
    Rooney, Eto'o, Suarez

I play it in a 4-3-2-1

Now...some things REALLY piss me off, and this is where I need help, I'm playing with arguably the best defence in the premier league, yet WHOEVER I play, it just takes one pass and they're in, my defence just plays such a high line, ive tried using the d-pad to swap between tactics and going ultra defensive and nothing works, now i wouldnt mind it if i could do the same but i bloody can't I usually like to play possession football and build up slowly from the back, but with the terrible passing i now try and get it up field as quick as possible and no matter when I do it they seem to have 8 players back in the box.

Also one thing that bloody infuriates me and im not sure if its just me but my opposition with play a ball, and if im already running in that direction the defender will stop for a split second then carry on running then he is totally out of position and they're one on one, usually resulting in a goal! :(
  • DeltaBravoNiner 2 Oct 2013 18:13:39 631 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    Also one thing that bloody infuriates me and im not sure if its just me but my opposition with play a ball, and if im already running in that direction the defender will stop for a split second then carry on running then he is totally out of position and they're one on one
    I think that must be a feature... has been present in 8,9,10,11,12,13...
  • chasejamie 2 Oct 2013 18:47:21 815 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been playing this online, does anyone actually score with their feet? All crosses and headers.
  • MontyBrewster 2 Oct 2013 18:49:14 253 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    Right, been playing this the last few days (ultimate team) and i've amassed a really good team

My team is

Cech
    Zabaletta, Vidic, Kompany, A.cole
    Ozil, Mata, Silva
    Rooney, Eto'o, Suarez

I play it in a 4-3-2-1

I'm playing with arguably the best defence in the premier league, yet WHOEVER I play, it just takes one pass and they're in
    What defence? You've got 6 forwards playing, even Ossie Ardiles had one holding player :-)

Try some covering players in midfield so the opposition doesn't get so much time & space on the ball to make the killer pass.
  • cjb_bjc 5 Oct 2013 02:04:51 1,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finally caved and bought this tonight. Love it. I only play seasons but up to league 8 winning 2 titles on the way up!! When it's good is really good but lofted through balls are massively over weighed at the moment.
  • Physically_Insane 5 Oct 2013 08:50:52 8,777 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is there any reason not to get this on PC?
  • mikew1985 5 Oct 2013 09:04:12 12,672 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Online play might be a bit more cheaty and there would probably be less people playing it than the console versions. Other than that, No.
  • Physically_Insane 5 Oct 2013 09:13:08 8,777 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm hovering over the download button. £40 on Origin is ridiculous, but compared to £50 on Live...
  • THFourteen 5 Oct 2013 09:22:44 33,265 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought it from here yesterday.

No issues so far. Hope it's not stolen :-)

http://play-sc.com/FIFA-14-PC-Download-Origin-Key.html
  • Physically_Insane 5 Oct 2013 09:35:25 8,777 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah, nice. Cheers dude.
  • RogueHALLINAN 5 Oct 2013 10:23:26 1 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Re posting here to see if anyone else has had this issue as this could get out of hand very quickly.

Pro clubs on the xbox 360 our team region UK/western Europe.

Time 12 am 5/10/2013.

Played a club game tonight (around 12 pm UK time Xbox 360) we had 2 members playing and for some unknown reason their player keeper was put on our team (they had 4 players 3 on the opposition team and 1 as our keeper).

Of course this is unacceptable and the reason why i bring it to your attention.
    I understand that game play experience may be different on-line but this is a game breaker and a example however rare, of network manipulation or poor network service from the provider of such software.

I hope a EA representative is able to offer a explanation for this or at least look into to addressing this issue before it becomes widespread.

Its funny but there never seems to be in depth reviews of the online portion of Fifa these days post launch.

Gameplay evidence here

Edited by RogueHALLINAN at 10:29:00 05-10-2013
  • THFourteen 5 Oct 2013 10:53:16 33,265 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LOL!

sorry mate got to laugh at that.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last