FIFA 14 Page 9

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• TheMilkman 24 Sep 2013 13:55:34 212 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It frustrates the hell out of me cos I really, really want to like it. It has everything I want in a football game, especially compared to PES barebones modes, but even when you win it is simply not fun to play. It just feels more like hard work than a relaxing time.

Ah you know what, sod it, I'm getting PES. The demo was good and from what I hear they have taken a lot of crap out of the Master League that I hated.

EDIT - Downloaded a patch for the early release last night that apparently just 'improves stability'. Well I don't know how unstable my game was because it now plays significantly better. The dribbling is definitely sharper.

Edited by TheMilkman at 10:52:58 25-09-2013

Edited by TheMilkman at 10:53:09 25-09-2013
  • killersrquiet 25 Sep 2013 11:43:23 2,000 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Reading the FIFA forums, a lot of players feel the game has returned to FIFA 13 ping pong speeds.

I can see EA are going to nerf the crossing/finesse shots which are so accurate. I've seen a few youtube videos and a finesse shot from 30-35 yards sails in everytime lol.
  • teamHAM 27 Sep 2013 15:57:01 2,940 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well the FIFA 14 next gen presentation at the Expo was decidedly underwhelming.

Edited by teamHAM at 15:57:12 27-09-2013

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Punctum 27 Sep 2013 16:10:32 936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Any opinions on how seasons is playing? Always preferred that to UT.
  • Humperfunk 27 Sep 2013 16:24:51 2,247 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Played a game of UT last night and won 4-0, was very pleased.

Then the game couldn't connect to the EA servers and didn't even save the game so had to replay it. Great feature. (sarcasm oooh)

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• elephantjuice 27 Sep 2013 16:48:10 669 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @killersrquiet

I've been keeping tabs on the Forum too *shudders* but not really seen anything about the ping pong thing. Most posts are about people complaining about how sluggish players are because they can't get used to the slower, more realistic pace of the game.

EA are realeasing a patch to address finesse shots, goals from crosses and lofted through balls.

http://segmentnext.com/2013/09/25/fifa-14-gets-day-1-patch-headers-finesse-shots-and-stability-tweaked/

Edited by elephantjuice at 16:48:28 27-09-2013
  • elephantjuice 27 Sep 2013 16:49:52 669 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @teamHAM

Did they showcase actual gameplay or was it the presentation itself that was underwhelming?
  • TheMilkman 27 Sep 2013 17:44:46 212 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They had bits of gameplay in it. I thought it looked pretty good personally, but the improvements seemed much more technical than visual. The game from pitch level looks pretty much the same, not a whole lot better. They showed a goal scored by Daniel Agger in front of the Kop which wasn't graphically outstanding, but just the fact that about 4 or 5 players all jumped for the header, and then the crowd all stood up screaming behind the goal made it seem much more atmospheric than current gen.

They showed a lot about how they are using camera angles and stuff on replays to make it seem more authentic. It looks good, but it doesn't blow you away at all graphically.
  • teamHAM 27 Sep 2013 17:57:46 2,940 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @elephantjuice

It was tiny clips of gameplay, mainly just clips of certain things happening on the pitch so they can demonstrate improvements in the engine (ie two players jostling for the ball, analysis of a goal etc).

They also reused a trailer that has been out over a month.

It was mainly reused video, and when that wasn't being shown it was just slides in the background, and some guy that clearly wasn't familiar with public speaking stuttering his way through it.

I suppose I shouldn't really have expected anything decent this time round, we all remember the first FIFA game after the current gen came out, but as someone that has held out for the next gen game this year (as I sold my 360) and promises of the new engine I am disappointed.

Of course it might still end up being amazing, but there just wasn't any decent length of gameplay to show off the new engine and show how much better the next gen version will be. Instead, they went down the "no clipping!", "more animations!", "blades of grass fly up when you kick the ball!" route.

Edited by teamHAM at 18:00:08 27-09-2013

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• elephantjuice 27 Sep 2013 18:09:54 669 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I just tried to watch it but the EA guy was so awkward I had to stop.

You have to wonder what's with their reluctance to show any decent amount of actual gameplay footage with a relatively short amount of time left until launch.

I think it'd be foolish to expect a radical overhaul but I really hope it's more than just a visual upgrade. Things like more than 2 players going for a header give me hope that there's further improvements to the mechanics but won't hold my breath.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see any changes outside of gameplay. Things like an overhauled career mode for next gen versions would be most welcome but I really can't see that happening.
  • danathjo 27 Sep 2013 18:24:34 7,385 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    next year maybe but a crossover year was never likely to have a radical overhaul

that said, got my PS3 copy ready to unwrap at home and can't bloody wait, as long as the gameplay is there I can wait a year for a super duper version.
  • customfirmware 27 Sep 2013 18:34:16 803 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How is the scripting this time??
  • superdelphinus 27 Sep 2013 18:40:12 8,062 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just watched some of the FIFA 14 thing, Jesus he wasn't a natural public speaker.

The improvements look extremely subtle. A man jumping slightly less high over a sliding tackle than he would in the current gen isn't inspiring, to be frank
  • killersrquiet 27 Sep 2013 19:23:59 2,000 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    customfirmware wrote:
    How is the scripting this time??
    Lol. A sad state of affairs when we fear the scripting that according to EA, does not exist. Fifa 13 was terrible for it.
  • f311 27 Sep 2013 19:28:57 248 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Game is crap, can't believe i spent 40 on it :/
  • killersrquiet 27 Sep 2013 19:32:30 2,000 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    Care to elaborate?
  • CharlieStCloud 27 Sep 2013 19:42:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    f311 wrote:
    Care to elaborate?
    PES 2014 exists is the most probable reason.
  • f311 27 Sep 2013 19:55:57 248 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    f311 wrote:
    Care to elaborate?
    Bought it yesterday got quite lucky with my packs, got manuel neuer and sold him for 80k, got a full gold team 100 chemistry, 84 rating, played a few games today, now i wasnt AMAZING on 13, but i wasnt crap either i was fairly decent, seems impossible to keep hold of the ball, the touch and control is awful and in an online game it just ends up being long ball after long ball because no one can keep hold of it, and don't get me started on headers...

Granted i probably shouldnt have come here and wrote that post, but i was quite angry after just having played a game, the guy had a full silver team, absolutely trounced him the whole game couldnt score, then he runs up the wing, crosses it, i have 5 players in the box, he has one, ball goes no way near him, his striker seems to get rocket boots, jumps towards the ball and has some sort of stretch armstrong neck and heads it in in the last minute, pissed.
  • Punctum 27 Sep 2013 20:12:23 936 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @f311
    Infuriating, just like Fifa 13 then.

I found Seasons to be a much more balanced and fair experience on Fifa 13 - have you tried Seasons on Fifa 14?
  • f311 27 Sep 2013 20:16:36 248 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ive not no, but the main reason i play fifa is the addictive nature of the card system in FUT :(
  • killersrquiet 27 Sep 2013 20:46:26 2,000 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    f311 wrote:
    killersrquiet wrote:
    f311 wrote:
    Care to elaborate?
    Bought it yesterday got quite lucky with my packs, got manuel neuer and sold him for 80k, got a full gold team 100 chemistry, 84 rating, played a few games today, now i wasnt AMAZING on 13, but i wasnt crap either i was fairly decent, seems impossible to keep hold of the ball, the touch and control is awful and in an online game it just ends up being long ball after long ball because no one can keep hold of it, and don't get me started on headers...

Granted i probably shouldnt have come here and wrote that post, but i was quite angry after just having played a game, the guy had a full silver team, absolutely trounced him the whole game couldnt score, then he runs up the wing, crosses it, i have 5 players in the box, he has one, ball goes no way near him, his striker seems to get rocket boots, jumps towards the ball and has some sort of stretch armstrong neck and heads it in in the last minute, pissed.
    Nothing wrong with the post I was curious why you said it. Your experience sums up what I've read on the fifa forums. Think I'll give Fifa a miss since its even more worked than normal
  • f311 27 Sep 2013 20:54:56 248 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It was a post made in anger! :)

And honestly, im not a person to trash games, im usually quite easily pleased, but i was quite looking forward to this, something to take me through to GTA online after getting 100% in it the other day, seems i'll have to do something else instead, like go outside or something god forbid!
  • Rens11 27 Sep 2013 22:13:34 1,404 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Menus seem noticeably slower than the demo

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Anthony_UK 27 Sep 2013 22:55:54 2,497 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've been a fifa man for years, but after spending time with the pro evo demo and then returning to this, Fifa for me now seems to have lost any realism it once had. I can't put my finger on it, but it just feels so arcadey now.
  • superdelphinus 27 Sep 2013 23:01:13 8,062 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The football game scene really needs another big contender to come in and shake it up a bit. Both of them are crap
  • StarchildHypocrethes 27 Sep 2013 23:03:24 25,868 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yup.
  • Hikerholic 27 Sep 2013 23:10:10 18 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    superdelphinus wrote:
    The football game scene really needs another big contender to come in and shake it up a bit. Both of them are crap
    Remember Sony did try with This is Football but that didn't set the world alight if I remember correctly. Funny thing football games, I always wan to love them but they always just end up disappointing and scripted style over substance affairs. I'm done with them and would have to be something special to tempt me back.
  • Nades 27 Sep 2013 23:37:17 1,279 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I loved This is Football 2005, was a great game! I used to play as the School teams all the time at the School pitch haha :D

Liverpool FC
    _______

XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

• Tom_Servo 28 Sep 2013 00:03:00 17,962 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Playing the demo for the first time. Can barely keep the ball in my own half, everything is so fast!
  • mikew1985 28 Sep 2013 01:48:08 12,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This is football was objectively shit and if you like it or anything about it it makes your opinion on any other football game null and void.

/has not played FIFA14
  • Page

of 25 First / Last