Guacamelee! Page 12

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• dsmx 3 Aug 2013 17:55:30 7,688 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• dsmx 3 Aug 2013 17:55:55 7,688 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC You found the one on top of the church?

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Trowel 3 Aug 2013 18:18:58 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I'm attempting to mop up all the chests etc area by area. Any way to find the hidden ones other than shadows on the map?

Also, in the first town I can't find one last one. I think it's in the house with the little girl and her doll as I see a passage running at the bottom for the chicken form but I have no idea how to get to it... Please help!
    Best way to find them is as you say to look for the shadows on the map, and often more specifically to zoom in and look for little indents in otherwise straight walls which usually indicate a chicken tunnel. You can do it!
  • Ziz0u 3 Aug 2013 21:29:33 8,582 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @dsmx

Yup! Was quite proud of myself.

Is there more to the house with girl and her doll other than her doll? Looking at the map there seems to be a passage there.
  • dsmx 3 Aug 2013 22:31:28 7,688 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ZizouFC nope nothing more in that house, did you get both at the church there's one inside and one outside.

• Ziz0u 3 Aug 2013 22:41:34 8,582 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm. Don't think I got one outside. Will check it out. Thanks!
  • aros 5 Aug 2013 09:32:17 3,270 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I'm attempting to mop up all the chests etc area by area. Any way to find the hidden ones other than shadows on the map?

Also, in the first town I can't find one last one. I think it's in the house with the little girl and her doll as I see a passage running at the bottom for the chicken form but I have no idea how to get to it... Please help!
    There's one that is still missing even when you have 100% on all areas and 112% on Tule Trees. Took me ages to find - you have to have Pollo fly to get it too!
  • Ziz0u 5 Aug 2013 09:34:54 8,582 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I got the one outside the church. Thanks dsmx!

aros, I am going area to area trying my best, but I did turn to a guide for one last night.

I bought the DLC yesterday :)
  • aros 5 Aug 2013 13:24:18 3,270 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice :D
  • Flying_Pig 7 Aug 2013 09:55:40 11,348 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started the DLC this morning - not really feeling it TBH. Some of the challenge rooms are pretty fun, but others are ridiculous.

No Gold chasing for me IMO
  • Flying_Pig 7 Aug 2013 20:20:28 11,348 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep - the DLC definitely isn't my thing. Got to challenge 17, but had to skip 2 along the way - the one where you have to fight a load of enemies without taking a hit, and another where tou have to dodge some barriers coming towards you.

Shame, really.
  • Trowel 7 Aug 2013 20:30:12 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Yep - the DLC definitely isn't my thing. Got to challenge 17, but had to skip 2 along the way - the one where you have to fight a load of enemies without taking a hit, and another where tou have to dodge some barriers coming towards you.

Shame, really.
    First one: Dodge, throw, headbutt.

Second one: Chicken out...

The DLC trophies help in a couple of areas too as they tell you the best character to use.
  • Ziz0u 7 Aug 2013 20:32:36 8,582 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really struggling with the one mask piece with the disappearing platforms.
  • Trowel 7 Aug 2013 20:39:48 18,016 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Really struggling with the one mask piece with the disappearing platforms.
    That was the one that took me the longest, the final screen is a bitch.

However you can time your jumps on the final screen so the set of platforms you jump from reappears as you land, so if you focus on one set of platforms and zone out the other alternating set, you can turn it into just a tricky bit of platforming.

Just take it slow - big jump, double jump right at the top, then uppercut to land on a platform that was there when you first jumped and have faith that it's about to reappear.

Now you just have to do that about 20 times in a row to get to the top :)
  • Flying_Pig 7 Aug 2013 20:40:03 11,348 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Trowel wrote:

Second one: Chicken out...
    See, I swear I tried that (if you mean what I think you mean). Maybe I'll try again tomorrow...
  • Ziz0u 7 Aug 2013 21:11:34 8,582 posts
    Seen 56 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Trowel

Ok, trying again right now! Thanks for the tips :)
  • monkman76 21 Aug 2013 10:05:23 5,085 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck me this is hard :(

Like the platforming, not as keen on the combat. Can't get past the evil witch woman once she splits into one red and one green.
  • martinthemonkey 21 Aug 2013 15:20:17 433 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • monkman76 26 Aug 2013 11:38:57 5,085 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Can anyone give me any tips on dealing with the red barbed wire stuff? It's the only thing really holding me back with the platforming. It's when I need to do a double jump through it, or jumps and an uppercut etc. Just can't seem to get through it.
  • Syrette 26 Aug 2013 11:49:53 44,092 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just hold R for a couple of seconds as you get near it, no?

• monkman76 26 Aug 2013 12:12:42 5,085 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You mean L I presume. It just doesn't seem to work when I try to activate it on a second jump or an uppercut. I just bounce off.
  • Syrette 26 Aug 2013 12:19:02 44,092 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah L or the right stick (been a while). Worked for me IIRC. All to do with timing though. You sort of have to push through.

• monkman76 27 Aug 2013 11:37:46 5,085 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wahey, got to the orb at the top of the Tule Tree! With some help from youtube admittedly :)
  • infoxicated 2 Dec 2013 22:22:12 1,228 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've really been enjoying this over the weekend - had to play through to the X'tabay fight twice because my daughter started a new game, thinking she was doing me a favour by not using my game save!

I'm now at the abandoning point, though - I can't be arsed with the finger gymnastics in the tree section. Bit of a shame, because I've loved the music cues, the art style and the little side quests I've done have been charming.

Normally I'd be pissed off about not getting to see 50% of a game, but since it was free and it turned out exactly as I thought it would (and was the reason I never bought it), I'm quite content to jus' walk away. :)
  • elephantjuice 2 Dec 2013 23:15:12 776 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    I'm now at the abandoning point, though - I can't be arsed with the finger gymnastics in the tree section. Bit of a shame, because I've loved the music cues, the art style and the little side quests I've done have been charming.
    Heh, I've just finished that very bit. I know what you mean though, very fiddly in parts.

Cracking game so far, bags of style. Really very good.
  • The_Goon 4 Dec 2013 09:44:13 131 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Finished it with the normal ending last night. Great stuff. One of the better platformers I've played definitely. The combat is mature and the platforming is taxing but never so much that it feels like luck. May give it a rest before I go back and try to get all the mask pieces though - bit numb from so much play to be honest.
  • infoxicated 4 Dec 2013 12:21:08 1,228 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was thinking, playing Tearaway on the train this morning, that it's a even more of a shame that I've had to park this. Some bits of Tearaway have been frustrating, but I get the impression that Media Molecule really wants me to get to the end of the story (as cloying as the narrative is) and nothing has held me up for too long.

Drinkbox could learn a lot from Media Molecule, I think - what's the point in crafting a story and a world littered with difficulty spikes so severe that a good percentage of people won't ever see it through?

Fine, have the double jump dimension switching insta-death sections as bonus areas for the masochists where the game designer gets to fellate his inner David Jaffe, but don't rob folk of half a game just to massage your game designer ego.
  • The_Goon 4 Dec 2013 12:38:35 131 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    infoxicated wrote:Fine, have the double jump dimension switching insta-death sections as bonus areas for the masochists where the game designer gets to fellate his inner David Jaffe, but don't rob folk of half a game just to massage your game designer ego.
    Love this paragraph. Lol.
  • The_Goon 6 Dec 2013 10:12:07 131 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Finished with the alternate ending this morning (the platforming for those orbs was pretty devilish!). Only the hard mode trophies to get now. Think I will definitely need a break from it though. A bit Guacameleed out right now.
  • Carlo 30 Dec 2013 09:50:23 18,175 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just coming up to the temple section now.

This game is one of the hardest platformers I've ever been determined to beat!

PSN ID: Djini

• Page

of 16 First / Last