Guacamelee! Page 8

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 3 May 2013 21:52:07 10,685 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Up to Calaca. Finding his second form pretty difficult. I know what I have to do, but sometimes Juan's animations prevent me being able to react in time...
  • dsmx 3 May 2013 23:44:01 7,555 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With calaca unless your going for the only punches trophy you should only punch him to destroy his shield after that throw the falling rocks at him instead for 2 reasons 1 it prevents you from being hit during the animation and 2 they do a lot of damage from a distance.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Flying_Pig 4 May 2013 08:11:02 10,685 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished! Got the all Chests Trophy too - if turns out I was only missing one from the Tule Tree :D

@dsmx - yeah, I was going for the melee only trophy, so no falling rocks for me. Actually wasn't too touch in the end. Just patience and watching for the animations to show what his next attack is going to be :)

Soul Sacrifice now \o/
  • Gregolution 6 May 2013 20:07:40 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Done.

My most enjoyable platinum trophy. Never felt like a grind. I will buy everything drink box makes!
  • aros 7 May 2013 10:06:23 2,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really wanted to play more of this and was loving Sly but can't stop playing Soul Sacrifice :(
  • Flying_Pig 7 May 2013 10:11:57 10,685 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Done.

My most enjoyable platinum trophy. Never felt like a grind. I will buy everything drink box makes!
    Very impressive, Greg. You're a better man than me - the platforming in Tree Tops was just too much for me :)
  • Gregolution 7 May 2013 10:17:00 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Flying_Pig

I think I'm just a bit odd that's all. I like a game to be a bit frustrating or I don't enjoy it... :S. Stress makes me happy
  • Trowel 12 May 2013 10:18:54 17,429 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also just joined the Guacamelee platinum club \o/
  • Gregolution 12 May 2013 16:26:37 3,165 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice one
  • dsmx 12 May 2013 22:42:44 7,555 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nearly at platinum just need to get the all 6 special moves without touching the ground.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Triggerhappytel 25 May 2013 08:20:39 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing this at the moment on my new Vita, really loving it overall. Some of the platforming is bloody frustrating though - the tree and that temple immediately after it, in particular. But overall it's just great; terrific humour, great visuals and art style, beautifully smooth controls and an excellent sense of progression. Definitely the best downloadable game I've played since The Unfinished Swan, maybe even better than that.
  • Flying_Pig 25 May 2013 08:28:43 10,685 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Triggerhappytel - I finished the Unfinished Swan earlier this week. Guacamelee is waaaaayyyyy better IMO :)
  • Triggerhappytel 26 May 2013 01:17:47 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would definitely agree that from a gameplay perspective Guacamelee! is better, but I really liked TUS, and I felt like the creative gameplay, strange fairytale setting and obscure story really appealed to the pretentious side of my gaming taste. Both terrific games though, and so completely different that comparing them doesn't make a lot of sense.

As for Guacamelee, I am working my way through some mountain and I think Jaguar Javier will be the next boss. I was thinking of going for El Plattio, but I think I'm playing on normal, and I really don't fancy doing all this again on hard.
  • Triggerhappytel 26 May 2013 07:24:23 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh my shit, Jaguar Javier is totally kicking my arse! I can barely scrape about a fifth of his health before he kills me! Any tips? I don't want to look at a walk through, but holy shit this dude is tough.
  • Flying_Pig 26 May 2013 08:05:51 10,685 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Javier Jaguar is a total bugger!

There's no magic solution to winning the fight, just take your time, roll (a lot) and pick your moment to attack.

Stick with it and you'll learn to spot what attack he'll do next allowing you to anticipate and react.
  • Triggerhappytel 27 May 2013 20:00:17 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks man, I did end up beating him last night. I had to watch a walk through video in the end, and found a really good tip was to hide from his attacks by clinging on high up the walls, and that headbutting was arguably the best attack because it sends him flying and can usually do three or four headbutts in a row.

Now I'm clearing up undiscovered stuff before going to Calaca. I've only found one of those orbs though, which was at the end of the proving grounds by the main town.
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 May 2013 10:07:34 2,064 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Completed the game and am now doing a sweep of the areas I missed in order to get the platty-boom-batty.

Currently half way up the tree top. It's a painful experience.
  • bunglebonce 28 May 2013 10:24:52 2,108 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    Thanks man, I did end up beating him last night. I had to watch a walk through video in the end, and found a really good tip was to hide from his attacks by clinging on high up the walls
    I did say that a couple of pages ago, but I don't blame you for not looking that far back!

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• aros 28 May 2013 12:00:26 2,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just completed Jaguar and have found the platforming perfect so far without any bits I would describe as too difficult or frustrating. I am a platform game fan though and IMO this is one of the best platform games I've played in years. The different abilities and changing worlds creates some epic sequences and the kind of feeling that the late levels in the original DKC gave when you complete a section.

Does it get a lot harder on the way to Calaca?

Amazing, amazing game.
  • Triggerhappytel 28 May 2013 12:22:18 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm trying to get to the top of the Tule Tree, and I'm tempted to set fire to myself. Some of this platforming is just crazy.
  • bunglebonce 28 May 2013 12:27:49 2,108 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @aros I'd say the combat gets more difficult - combining different colour-coded enemies who can attack from both worlds is mildly bothersome, but it's not ridiculous. I wouldn't want to play it on hard though!

I really enjoyed the platforming. It had just the correct dose of challenge to make some of the rewards satisfying.

Edited by bunglebonce at 12:29:10 28-05-2013

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• el_pollo_diablo 28 May 2013 12:38:35 2,064 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    I'm trying to get to the top of the Tule Tree, and I'm tempted to set fire to myself. Some of this platforming is just crazy.
    I think I'm two sections in and I just cannot do this next one. GAAHHHHHHH.
  • aros 28 May 2013 14:33:34 2,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Focus el_pollo - try to get the first bit of a section down perfect then add on trying to learn the next bit until you have added a whole section to your muscle memory. Oh and just keep trying - some bits must have taken me 30+ attempts!

Edited by aros at 14:34:37 28-05-2013
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 May 2013 18:51:22 2,064 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh I'm well past 30 attempts on this bit. Well past :-)
  • el_pollo_diablo 28 May 2013 23:24:54 2,064 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got there. Tick. TICK.

Bastards.
  • Triggerhappytel 29 May 2013 00:02:01 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I've spent almost half an hour on this fucking section I'm stuck on; I don't think it's mandatory so I'm just gonna move on now. Can you continue playing after fighting Calaca to clean up collectibles, or would it be on to a new game? I'd quite like a high trophy count here as I've really enjoyed the game, but I don't think I'll persist with sections that are pissing me off as that'll only make me resent the bastard thing.
  • el_pollo_diablo 29 May 2013 00:08:22 2,064 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I sympathise. I'd actually quite like the platinum on this as I've never got one before and am close enough to persevere.

As far as starting a mew game goes I beat the game and am still doing the rounds sweeping up a few trophies and orbs here and there, although oddly it still shows calacas location as my next destination despite the fact that he's a goner.
  • Triggerhappytel 29 May 2013 00:15:40 2,667 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks; I'll go and fight Calaca first, and then decide if I want to persist with the collectibles after.

Your username seems very fitting for this game.

Edited by Triggerhappytel at 00:17:30 29-05-2013
  • aros 29 May 2013 10:42:06 2,561 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The bit with the Goat Fly and having to switch back and forth to avoid the barriers over a really long distance was the bit I've found frustrating actually. That took me so, so, so many attempts that I cheered after completing it!
  • Kangoo 31 May 2013 16:48:24 1,015 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Talk of potential dlc and sequel. Would be more than happy to support the devs, just hope the dlc is something that adds to the game and not something to cash in on it's success.

PSN: Adwab2

• Page

of 15 First / Last