of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • Bremenacht 7 Apr 2013 11:43:42 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Couldn't find a general one.

So.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/

Cal Crutchlow 2nd on the grid, but what's got my interest this season is Rossi back on a Yamaha - in the same team as Lorenzo. There's gotta be sparks flying there.
  • Deleted user 7 April 2013 16:45:03
    Plenty to look forward to this season. Just hoping the midfield is a bit closer to the hondas and yamahas this year.

Gearing up to watch it now, might have a quick nap first. COME ON CAL ;)
  • Deleted user 7 April 2013 20:02:42
    Genuinely excited for this season, if only because we won't have to put up with grumpy Australian of the year for the first time in far too many seasons.

Be interesting to see how poison dwarf copes with a team mate with infinitely more talent in his little finger than Pedrosa could ever hope to have. Then there's Vale and Lorenzo: The naked hatred's been replaced with grudging admiration but wonder if the Doctor's best is fully behind him having been wasted on the dog of a Duc.

So long as Cal and Bradley do well, I'll be happy.

Marquez and Pedrosa to contest the most unlikeable diminutive Spaniard class to the bitter end.
  • NotSoSlim 7 Apr 2013 20:39:44 3,116 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rossi is an animal. Majorly impressed after the mistake.

Immense. Love it
  • Deleted user 7 April 2013 20:41:43
    Rossi. Insane. Glorious. 's why I love him.
  • Bremenacht 7 Apr 2013 20:49:04 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, that was great. How many times before did he dawdle through the race and come on strong in the last third? Here he goes again!
  • NotSoSlim 7 Apr 2013 20:52:29 3,116 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice having a motorsport without team orders
  • Deleted user 7 April 2013 20:55:35
    Loved the crowd reaction to rossi antics. nice to hear again.

Shame for cal, but a lot to take from this again!
  • boo 7 Apr 2013 21:11:19 11,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stupendous race. Shows F1 up for what it is.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Deleted user 7 April 2013 21:30:10
    Also, a great start to the season for redding as well, good fight with Espagaro. I fell asleep in Moto3, but that was to be expected was up at 6 and just finished work. Always need a nap when i get in ha.
  • Bremenacht 21 Apr 2013 23:16:05 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great race earlier. Fuck me, do those guys hang pretty low? I don't like seeing the the knee scraping -I keep imagining their knee snagging on a curb and ripping off- but now elbow scraping too? Fucking hell! The way Marquez hangs off his machine, he has to be an ape.

Cal Crutchlow's the real deal isn't he? Loved the way he came back from his mistake with Bradl(?) and got the job done 2nd attempt.

One thing I found really weird was the camera focus for Austin. For the F1, you get a bigger picture and see more of the circuit, but for the bikes it's so much closer up. It took me a while to be sure it was the same circuit. They seem to cover the straights so much quicker too. Were they hitting 200mph on that straight? Insane.
  • boo 22 Apr 2013 07:39:43 11,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fantastic to see Cal Crutchlow getting a top 5 finish. Cracking race from the Honda's - I really thought Pedrosa was going to sneak past, but all credit to Marquez. Looks like it'll be an awesome season.

Rossi was pretty quiet, but I guess it wasn't a Yamaha circuit really, and judging by Parrish & Cox's comments, they'd tried a few things with his setup which hadn't paid off.

And good to see Bradley Smith get a first finish under his belt.

Depressing to watch the 10.00 news on the BBC - the sports section mentioned Tom Daley winning something for jumping off a board, but Moto GP didn't get a look in...

Just Another Lego Blog

• Bremenacht 23 Apr 2013 18:39:49 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Depressing to watch the 10.00 news on the BBC - the sports section mentioned Tom Daley winning something for jumping off a board, but Moto GP didn't get a look in...
    If Cal Crutchlow keeps getting the results in, that'll change. One win will will put it in the news. Or I'd hope it would.
  • Deleted user 23 April 2013 18:48:08
    Another good race. For a 1st gear centric circuit, it seemed insanely fast. Good performance from cal. Looked on it all weekend, and he seems to be developing a good relationship with jorge. Again though, he had that one big mistake. needs to cut them out, as it was, 4th i think was the best he could have got anyway.
  • Bremenacht 1 May 2013 11:55:04 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh great.

BT set to snatch MotoGP rights from 2014?
  • Nexus_6 1 May 2013 12:09:41 3,871 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah bollocks.

It will soon be that there are no sports I will be able to watch on TV that you don't have to pay a shot load for. F1, most football, most golf...etc

:-( MotoGP is my fave as well.
  • boo 6 May 2013 00:40:42 11,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Crazy racing!
    Nice to see Pedrosa get the win, but Lorenzo's got to be going ballistic after that last lap. I think Marquez will be very lucky to get away with calling that 'a racing incident'.

Still. History is written by the victor, and right now, he's beating everybody...

Just Another Lego Blog

• beep 6 May 2013 01:08:43 447 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Loved Lorenzo's finger waving whenever Marquez tried to speak to him post race.
  • jeff 6 May 2013 14:40:29 371 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can't find the post race interviews on the web,did Lorenzo have anything to say about Marquez's move at the final turn?
  • BillMurray 14 May 2013 18:37:41 7,605 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/bt-sport-confirmed-for-motogp-deal/22741.html

LAME.

Not exactly good for a sport that doesn't exactly have huge viewing figures. I know the BBC do get a couple of million but BT Sport are never gonna get that are they?

Edited by BillMurray at 18:38:20 14-05-2013
  • boo 19 May 2013 23:39:00 11,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Crutchlow nails 2nd!
    Fantastic race - lost count of how many times the lead changed. Absolutely gutted that the bike went from under Rossi, I really thought he was going to be back on the podium.

Anybody know what happed to Lorenzo?

Just Another Lego Blog

• KayJay 20 May 2013 06:47:10 5,287 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not yet. They were banging on about his visor steaming up but the slo-mos looked okay.

Anyway who Frikken cares... :)

Cal with a broken leg taking 2nd was just awesome. That boy needs to get a factory ride. It really is making me angry.
    All these young Spanish lads just seem to get preference.
    He's an Alien & a Honey Badger! :)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/22590086

Love the BBC presentation of the races to.

Great race.
  • shamblemonkee 20 May 2013 09:22:17 14,257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really don't understand the move to bt. Money obviously but it's going to virtually vanish,

Bt has how many subscribers? 500k?
  • KayJay 20 May 2013 09:35:10 5,287 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Do what! BT! That new thing jake humphreys' is heading?
    FFS!
    What a fucking joke this country and its sport is in. We've got to pay twice for everything if we want to see some decent sport.

When is this BT thing coming in? Next season?
  • boo 20 May 2013 10:10:21 11,703 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep - see Bremenacht's post further up the thread for details.

Just Another Lego Blog

• Maturin 20 May 2013 10:24:00 2,889 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The BT sport channels are going to be free to those who have BT broadband - which I imagine is a lot of people. And if you pre-order before August you get the HD channels free too. Given that you can watch these through an app, browser, BT TV box, Sky box etc. there's plenty of ways to watch.

Interestingly the BT Sport app won't be anywhere near as restrictive as Sky Go either - install on as many devices as you like, watch on two simultaneously.
  • shamblemonkee 20 May 2013 12:06:57 14,257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah right, not quite so bad then but still far from ideal. I know at least a few people who will be done over by this.
  • Nexus_6 20 May 2013 12:14:41 3,871 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I will be done over by this - on Virgin for my broadband and phone, and only use freeview HD as its built in to the TV.

I don't have the time/effort to switch subscribers after only setting up 6 months ago, and don't want to have to pay for it in the future.

It is just really depressing that more and more sports etc are being taken away from terrestrial TV to Sky and BT etc. I have never been in a household that pays for TV and dont want to start now.

The BBC is obviously not interested in keeping the Moto GP coverage anyway - that much is obvious from the way it is presented on the website etc.

Anyway - cracking race, and well done to Crutchlow!
  • Bremenacht 2 Jun 2013 13:41:56 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Great race on at the moment. Big, big off my Marquez, which leaves Cal Crutchlow on for a possible podium!

Terrible collison between Rossi and Bautez(?) sending them both off at high speed into a water wall. How bones weren't broken, I don't know.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Jun 2013 13:44:26 25,410 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thought it was a pretty dull race to be honest.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous