iOS 7 Page 5

  • Page

    of 23 First / Last

  • Xerx3s 4 Apr 2013 11:01:58 23,944 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    Xerx3s wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I'm also fed up in general of having to deal with shitty bloatware and crappy UIs. Pissing about with rooting and custom roms is simply NOT a viable solution to this problem.
    Buy a Nexus then and you won't have to.
    This very much. Have one for a couple of months now and its an absolute dream. Much better than the 4s that my business partner is using.
    Does that mean they finally fixed the random turning off/ rebooting? Because as much as I loved the phone, that (common) bug made it a no-go.
    I have never experienced this. Maybe others have different experiences but mine has never had a crash or anything like that.
  • Tonka 4 Apr 2013 11:11:09 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mine has frozen once since I got it in december. I was trying to edit two videoclips together and then the screen powered down after inactivity and I couldn't get it back on. I had to turn it off in order to wake it up again.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • Tonka 4 Apr 2013 11:15:49 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Could you please include the link to that so that I can see the references?

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • dominalien 4 Apr 2013 11:22:11 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wikipedia on Forstall, innit?

    PSN: DonOsito

  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 11:22:16 8,747 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Could you please include the link to that so that I can see the references?
    Hi Tonka, It's just from the Wikipedia page :

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Tonka 4 Apr 2013 11:47:14 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wikipedia eh, rumors and speculation. Well then my theory is just as valid.

    Scott is no idiot. He would have known what a sorry mess Apple Maps was (and is). I read a blogpost by some developer who did a few simple comparisons against open adress APIs and found thousands of discrepancies with Maps.

    So a likely scenario is Scott going to Tim saying "Give me another year at least, this is shit. And that 3D rendering... looks crap"
    Tim: "No Scott, we are at thermo nuclear war with Google and their fucking maps needs to get gone!"
    Scott: "Ours is sit"
    T: "I don't care. We can't have a phone without maps on it and Googles are GONE!"
    S: "Fine, suit yourself, but remember that I warend you"

    iOS 6 launches

    The world. "Apple Maps LOL!"
    Tim: "Ooooopps" (Calls Scott on the intercom and orders him into the office)
    Scott: "Yes?"
    Tim: "Maps is shit! Sign this here apology letter or get fired!"
    Scott "Screw you, do you think I'm some spineless garden slug? I told you it was shit! I'm signing nothing!""
    Tim: "THOU ART FIRED!"
    Scott: "FINE!"
    T "FINE!"
    S "FINE!" (slams door. Cries. Realises he's filthy rich and can do whatever he wants. Pumps fist. Drives off in to the sun in his rocket ship)


    (This is what I've heard from sources that can't be named but that have some insight into tech)

    And people really need to stop using the term skeuomorphism as a similie to trompe-l'il since it's more about how things work rather than how they look.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • Armoured_Bear 4 Apr 2013 12:07:51 8,747 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Wikipedia eh, rumors and speculation. Well then my theory is just as valid.

    Scott is no idiot. He would have known what a sorry mess Apple Maps was (and is). I read a blogpost by some developer who did a few simple comparisons against open adress APIs and found thousands of discrepancies with Maps.

    So a likely scenario is Scott going to Tim saying "Give me another year at least, this is shit. And that 3D rendering... looks crap"
    Tim: "No Scott, we are at thermo nuclear war with Google and their fucking maps needs to get gone!"
    Scott: "Ours is sit"
    T: "I don't care. We can't have a phone without maps on it and Googles are GONE!"
    S: "Fine, suit yourself, but remember that I warend you"

    iOS 6 launches

    The world. "Apple Maps LOL!"
    Tim: "Ooooopps" (Calls Scott on the intercom and orders him into the office)
    Scott: "Yes?"
    Tim: "Maps is shit! Sign this here apology letter or get fired!"
    Scott "Screw you, do you think I'm some spineless garden slug? I told you it was shit! I'm signing nothing!""
    Tim: "THOU ART FIRED!"
    Scott: "FINE!"
    T "FINE!"
    S "FINE!" (slams door. Cries. Realises he's filthy rich and can do whatever he wants. Pumps fist. Drives off in to the sun in his rocket ship)


    (This is what I've heard from sources that can't be named but that have some insight into tech)

    And people really need to stop using the term skeuomorphism as a similie to trompe-l'il since it's more about how things work rather than how they look.
    I've no idea what is true but the fake stitching, book, linen shit is horrid and can fuck off.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Tonka 4 Apr 2013 12:27:58 19,840 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's the trompe-l'il. And it will go away. Right now you culdn't be less trendy if you tried. But go back a few years and it was all the rage. Everyone copied it. Fast forward ten years or so and it will be back again.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • TarickStonefire 23 Apr 2013 14:37:58 2,613 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    (This is what I've heard from sources that can't be named but that have some insight into tech)
    Is having "insight into tech" the same as "worked at Apple and sat in on many meetings and know for a fact that this is pretty much what happened"?

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 17:27:36 8,747 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    More UI rumours

    Edited by Armoured_Bear at 17:45:12 30-04-2013

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 17:30:13 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    More UI rumours
    Sounds awfully similar to the UI on Windows Phone 8 ...

    ... which is a very, very good thing!

    : )
  • nickthegun 30 Apr 2013 17:31:40 55,849 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    404 4 me

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 17:33:42
    nickthegun wrote:
    404 4 me
    404 4 me 2 1!1!
  • THFourteen 30 Apr 2013 17:44:56 31,804 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    and now?
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 17:45:34 8,747 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    404 4 me
    404 4 me 2 1!1!
    link fixed now.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • dominalien 30 Apr 2013 17:46:23 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    .

    Edited by dominalien at 17:46:51 30-04-2013

    PSN: DonOsito

  • Dougs 30 Apr 2013 18:05:39 64,902 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I still need to upgrade to iOS 6. :-/
  • dominalien 30 Apr 2013 18:10:58 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not so bad.

    PSN: DonOsito

  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 18:12:14 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am amazed people have put up with iOS for so long.

    It is genuinely blooming dull to look at, let alone use.

    ... cannot wait to see how (in)different the new iOS looks.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 18:16:20
    An 'exciting' interface isn't the top priority of most people.
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 18:16:56 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    An 'exciting' interface isn't the top priority of most people.
    A dull one is?
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 18:17:37
    A functional one is.
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 18:26:31 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    A functional one is.
    True, but doesn't make it any less dull.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 18:33:22
    Surely that's only a concern if you buy into it as a lifestyle choice than as a functional device. The interface for Adobe InDesign is fucking boring, but I wouldn't want them to redesign it purely for aesthetics (hello, Office Ribbon).
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 18:45:25 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yet an iPhone is the ultimate 'lifestyle choice' product...!

    Nah, I have had iPhones, iPod touch, iPad and a MacBook Air and Jesus, their whole UI, right across the board, is boring. They make wonderful hardware yet their software is the same, six/seven years on.
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 18:52:39
    Well, yeah, it's marketed as such, but whether or not the UI needs to be changed from the norm just to make it less dull all depends on whether you buy into that or not. It's like giving a fuck that you're wearing last season's clothes or whatever.
  • Fake_Blood 30 Apr 2013 18:58:43 3,830 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It'll probably run like shit on my 4S too.
  • CharlieStCloud 30 Apr 2013 19:05:01 4,671 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    meme wrote:
    It's like giving a fuck that you're wearing last season's clothes or whatever.
    That I do ... and I expect you to too!
  • Deleted user 30 April 2013 19:10:15
    I don't even know what the current season's fashion is, let alone have any desire to replace my old clothes with them.
  • Page

    of 23 First / Last

Log in or register to reply