Scariest film you have ever seen Page 3

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 12:00:55 60,617 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only thing I felt for Blair Witch was rage for all the stupid characters and relief when they got poleaxed.

    Dude: MAP! WE DONT NEED NO STINKING MAP!

    Me: I hope you are the first to die

    Edited by nickthegun at 12:01:13 03-04-2013

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • spindle9988 3 Apr 2013 12:05:51 3,629 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think the hype was a big problem. My best mate said it was the scariest film he had ever seen so we all went from work. I dont think one of us enjoyed it.

    Never even bothered with the sequel
  • lordofthedunce 3 Apr 2013 12:06:18 378 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    :)
    I think I might have spent too much time playing in the woods as a child.
    Are horrors expected to use certain tools? Like when people do daft things like splitting from a group it makes the viewer feel frustrated and expectant of a grizzly outcome.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 12:28:55
    I remember back in my weed smoking days (only occasionally mind) I watched the original Ju-On: The Grudge myself locked away in my room in the flat I shared with my future wife and a few others.

    My wife said at one point there was just a piercing shriek from my room and I appeared in the hallway with my eyes as big as dinnerplates gabbering about a dead woman in the attic.

    Stopped smoking the stuff shortly after. Really shit me up.

    This was back in the days were J-horror was pretty much an unknown commodity and the yanks hadn't started fucking it up with their derivative and shitty remakes. Think I had to get a region 0 and fiddle with my PC to get it working.

    Edited by BillCityfingers at 12:30:28 03-04-2013
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 12:31:20
    lordofthedunce wrote:

    Are horrors expected to use certain tools? Like when people do daft things like splitting from a group it makes the viewer feel frustrated and expectant of a grizzly outcome.
    Yup, just watch Cabin in the Woods
  • SparkyMarky81 3 Apr 2013 12:45:30 567 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jaws.

    I say this because whenever I'm in the sea swimming about in fairly deep water, Jaws is the reason I panic at the thought of what might be swimming about in the depths beneath me.

    OK, the second half of the film isn't particularly scary but the start could put anyone off swimming in the sea for life.

    Edited by SparkyMarky81 at 15:51:30 03-04-2013
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2013 13:12:28 20,883 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    lordofthedunce wrote:
    :)
    I think I might have spent too much time playing in the woods as a child.
    Yeah this. TBWP hit really close to home for me. Whenever we slept in tents up in the woods as a kid I'd hear footsteps approaching every now and then. Imaginary I think but still. That dread of being attacked when you're inside a tent.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • thelzdking 3 Apr 2013 14:54:57 4,369 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Event Horizon is the only film that has ever really scared me.
  • quadfather 3 Apr 2013 15:02:51 12,986 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I remember back in my weed smoking days (only occasionally mind) I watched the original Ju-On: The Grudge myself locked away in my room in the flat I shared with my future wife and a few others.

    My wife said at one point there was just a piercing shriek from my room and I appeared in the hallway with my eyes as big as dinnerplates gabbering about a dead woman in the attic.

    Stopped smoking the stuff shortly after. Really shit me up.

    This was back in the days were J-horror was pretty much an unknown commodity and the yanks hadn't started fucking it up with their derivative and shitty remakes. Think I had to get a region 0 and fiddle with my PC to get it working.
    Glad someone else mentioned this. It really shit me up when I watched it on my own for the first time. Supernatural/ghost type films really get to me, so this one is definitely top of the list.

    Fantastic surround sound too - very effective

    Do you remember the scene where 'she' is looming out of the wall over the woman while the 'child' is at the bottom of the bed? Christ, I've got goosebumps just typing about that

    And when I was a kid, I couldn't go near a window for ages after watching Salem's Lot

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • Kid_Icarus 3 Apr 2013 15:26:55 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It was the final scene of The Grudge that did me in. The sound as she came down the stairs. O_O
  • thedaveeyres 3 Apr 2013 15:29:44 11,283 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No-one has mentioned Communion yet - that film scarred me for life.

    D****** ******r

    XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

  • LeoliansBro 3 Apr 2013 15:31:40 44,553 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    It was the final scene of The Grudge that did me in. The sound as she came down the stairs. O_O
    click click clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 15:33:14
    I can do that death rattle noise from The Grudge perfectly and used to really freak out an ex-girlfriend by doing it when she was just starting to wake up.
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2013 15:42:50 17,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't Look Now shit me up quite a bit, I went to see a theatre performance and that was just as bad, if not worse. There is just something so arresting about the ending.

    I notice The Haunting gets a nod, I've watched that film twice and both times I happened to have some kind of high temperature, not a good combination!

    Oh and Event Horizon is a good shout too. I find that I can't really deal with these type of films as I get older. The last film to really shit me up was Antichrist, I keep meaning to watch it again just to see if it happened to be the cinema experience that made it so tense and horrible.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2013 15:44:14 17,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The only thing I felt for Blair Witch was rage for all the stupid characters and relief when they got poleaxed.

    Dude: MAP! WE DONT NEED NO STINKING MAP!

    Me: I hope you are the first to die
    Just follow the fucking river! Saying that, I did find the end pretty disturbing.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 15:53:39
    quadfather wrote:

    Do you remember the scene where 'she' is looming out of the wall over the woman while the 'child' is at the bottom of the bed? Christ, I've got goosebumps just typing about that
    Or the bit when that girl is alone in her apartment, there's a ring at the buzzer, so she goes to get it and her brother (I think? or BF) speaks to be let in. She buzzes him in and 2 seconds later there's a knock at the door (she's about 20 floors up). So she looks through the eye thing to see he's standing there already. She opens the door and he's gone, goes into her bed, puts the telly on and the newsreader's face gets all creepy and distorted while at the same time she realises there's something under the covers with her. Lifts them up AND THE DEAD WOMAN'S RIGHT FUCKING THERE!

    *ahem* yeah that film scared the utter pish out of me.

    Edited by BillCityfingers at 15:54:00 03-04-2013
  • mal 3 Apr 2013 15:55:59 22,727 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I never understood Don't Look Now. Just seems so tame compared to even horrors of the same era and before.

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • nickthegun 3 Apr 2013 15:58:47 60,617 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    No-one has mentioned Communion yet - that film scarred me for life.
    I watched that quite recently and the aliens/whatever are genuinely laughable now.

    Its still a bit unsettling but when what is clearly a midget in an bug eye mask is toddling about, some of the punch is lost.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Mr_Sleep 3 Apr 2013 16:01:46 17,215 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    I never understood Don't Look Now. Just seems so tame compared to even horrors of the same era and before.
    I'm not really sure, it's something about the ending that just fucks me up. Can't really explain it. It does help that it's a rather good film anyway, not just a horror film.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Deckard1 3 Apr 2013 16:04:15 28,765 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No-one mention The Thing yet?
  • Nades 3 Apr 2013 16:05:59 1,432 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose the other night, not sure if it was the scariest film ever though.

    Liverpool FC
    _______

    XbL: Nades x
    PSN: iNaades

  • superdelphinus 3 Apr 2013 17:54:14 8,089 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Event Horizon is the only film that has ever really scared me.
    Exactly. There's something genuinely evil about that film
  • Zackv4861 3 Apr 2013 18:45:24 1,102 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The grudge and the ring didn't do me any favours. I still can't watch them. I think it's the whole dead children thing.
  • hucklefoot 3 Apr 2013 18:46:31 8 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Good shout earlier for Salems Lot...always remember the bit with the vampire kid floating up to to the top window and tapping on the glass with that horrible grin on his face. Yikes!!
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 19:09:25
    Not scary so much, but the ending to Society would fuck you right up if you saw it as a kid.

    Look it up on Youtube, if you dare.
  • OptimusPube 3 Apr 2013 19:47:29 3,173 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Home Alone isn't scary.

    Also haven't we had this thread about 362 times already?
    Then shouldn't you be evaluating your life? Now that is scary.

    Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

  • Page

    of 7 First / Last

Log in or register to reply