Scariest film you have ever seen Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 3 Apr 2013 08:48:19 44,956 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    (bangs drum again) Sound is so important to films being scary. Dark Water and especially Event Horizon were two films that ruined me at the cinema, but were a reduced experience on telly.

Aside from The Black Hole scaring the shot out of me as a child, the only scary film I've seen on the telly that's really stayed with me is Ringu.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Salaman 3 Apr 2013 08:50:17 19,598 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Home alone around age 11 or 12, I was flicking channels and came across a scene of some kids partying in a cemetery. This turned out to be "the night of the living dead". As cheesy as the movie is, my 12-year old self had enough imagination to get sucked into it. I flicked to a different channel 2 or 3 times but kept going back to see what happened.
    I had to do a lights relay in order to get to bed.
    (Turn on light in kitchen, go back to turn off light in living room, turn on light in hallway, go back to turn off light in kitchen....)
  • LeoliansBro 3 Apr 2013 08:51:38 44,956 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooh, the explanatory scene from Name of the Rose fucked me up as a 10* year old.

*probs closer to 14 if I'm being honest. I'm such a wimp.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Tonka 3 Apr 2013 08:56:31 21,348 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hucklefoot wrote:
    Always remember that the first 20 minutes of Jeepers Creepers was as tense and creepy as hell. After those 20 minutes it turned into a totally different movie mind you.
    This. It's a real shame since the first 20 minutes hold a lot of promise.
    I still kind of like it though.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• sega 3 Apr 2013 09:05:45 908 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    The opening of Aliens. I went alone to see it at the cinema as a teenager, not having seen the 1st one (it was rated 18 and the 2nd one was rated 15) and not knowing anything about it, except that it had some scary aliens in it. It was pure awesome after that, mind.
    Aliens was, and still is, rated 18. Alien was also rated 18 but was reclassified as 15 when it was re-released at the cinema. You might be thinking of Terminator 2, which is rated 15 wheras the original was 18 (and also a James Cameron film). Don't ask how I know this useless trivia.
  • JuanKerr 3 Apr 2013 09:08:13 36,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't think Terminator 2 was ever an 18. Terminator was, but that got reclassified as a 15.
  • sega 3 Apr 2013 09:12:41 908 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's what I said...
  • Jmek 3 Apr 2013 09:29:16 1,357 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Alien. Nothing has had an impact on me like that film. It's hard to put into words just how ground breaking & utterly terrifying that movie was back in 1979.
  • sega 3 Apr 2013 09:34:04 908 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes, I also said Terminator 2 was never an 18...
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2013 09:46:06 21,348 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Come to think of it. The scariest film I've ever seen (as in the film that has had the deepest and scariest impact on me) was a kids film I saw when I was about 7-8 years old.

It was the tale of a brother and a sister on a big ferry. They were on vacation with ther parents. The parents said:
    "Don't go out on deck, the sea monster might come and get you"

The kids went out on the deck.

I turned on the TV, not wanting to see the sea monster. From that day I have an irrational fear of sea monsters. I need to track that film down and watch it to the bitter end.

Wil they befriend the sea monster?
    Will it eat them?
    Was there ever a sea monster?

The questions haunt me.

• ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 09:47:19 4,302 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Terminator 2 was a 15, as I was 15 when it was released. It might have been re-classified as 18 for VHS release. Same as Starship Troopers. 15 in the cinema, 18 on Home release VHS.

Back to films, I thought The Cube was quite tense, oh and also Sphere as well. Something about primitive shapes! :p

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:48:24 03-04-2013
  • sega 3 Apr 2013 09:51:12 908 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sega wrote:
    You might be thinking of Terminator 2, which is rated 15 wheras the original was 18 (and also a James Cameron film). Don't ask how I know this useless trivia.
    How, pray tell, is that line stating Terminator 2 is an 18? It clearly states Terminator 2 as a 15 and The Terminator as 18. Seriously, a trivial matter but do you guys read posts or scan through them?

Edited by sega at 09:52:11 03-04-2013
  • Tonka 3 Apr 2013 09:54:27 21,348 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Drop it. You are not fighting one of the great battles of our time. You are arguing about something that doesn't really matter.

• Trane 3 Apr 2013 09:56:48 4,059 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was 11-12 when I saw Candyman and about 14 watching Event Horizon. The only times I've genuinely been scared watching a film. I quite enjoy horror films, but they just don't scare me =/

I wish they did.
  • dominalien 3 Apr 2013 09:58:40 7,065 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sega wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    The opening of Aliens. I went alone to see it at the cinema as a teenager, not having seen the 1st one (it was rated 18 and the 2nd one was rated 15) and not knowing anything about it, except that it had some scary aliens in it. It was pure awesome after that, mind.
    Aliens was, and still is, rated 18. Alien was also rated 18 but was reclassified as 15 when it was re-released at the cinema. You might be thinking of Terminator 2, which is rated 15 wheras the original was 18 (and also a James Cameron film). Don't ask how I know this useless trivia.
    Not in this country, it wasn't.

PSN: DonOsito

• Salaman 3 Apr 2013 10:10:39 19,598 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Since we already have 4 different threads on scary movies, maybe this one can be renamed to "pointless arguing about movie ratings"?
  • dominalien 3 Apr 2013 10:22:42 7,065 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Movie ratings are important. But yeah, I'm partial to the thread being renamed.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 10:26:46
    Jmek wrote:
    Alien. Nothing has had an impact on me like that film. It's hard to put into words just how ground breaking & utterly terrifying that movie was back in 1979.
    Good choice! I first saw this film in 1982 when it had it's network premiere on ITV late one night. From when the big alien turned up on the Nostromo to the end, I was like this O.O
  • S.J.Rogers 3 Apr 2013 11:14:38 3,557 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For me too it was the Decent... I went to see it with a girl on a date and ended shrieking more then her..!

It was the bit with the video camera, night vision that sent me right over the edge..!

Second would be ET, quickly followed by Event Horizon.

Edited by S.J.Rogers at 11:15:05 03-04-2013
  • lordofthedunce 3 Apr 2013 11:37:25 381 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know a lot of people didn't find it scary but for me Blair Witch shat me up.
    I went to the cinema when it came out during my college days, having heard nothing much about it, and being fairly stoned, all led to me screaming out in the cinema and running up the aisle and trying to claw my way out of a fire escape. Ok, that last bit wasn't true but I remember it shitting me up and I have never watched it since.
    Was it the first 'found-footage' film? I remember the online Campaign for it was quite a new thing too.
  • johnson81 3 Apr 2013 11:44:56 391 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghost Watch followed by the Blair Witch. Didn't even watch the full Ghost Watch episode as it scared the shit out of me. Managed to track down a copy a few years ago but it hadn't aged well.

Watched the Blair With at the cinema and it was rubbish, couldn't believe the all the hype the film was getting. A few months later, borrowed a friends copy and decided to watch it alone, in the dark at 3am after getting in from work.

Holy crap, had to stop the DVD half way through. Freaked me out completely.
  • RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 11:48:29 24,197 posts
    Seen 28 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cruella de Ville, Disney one, when she's driving along the road all mad and her eyes go loopy.

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • spindle9988 3 Apr 2013 11:52:45 3,676 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The scariest thing about blair witch was the bogey scene. I thought it was complete and utter shit
  • speedofthepuma 3 Apr 2013 11:58:08 13,320 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blair Witch did get to me as well. I am good at suspending disbelief though when I want to.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Page

of 7 First / Last