Scariest film you have ever seen Page 7

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• Dougs 4 Apr 2013 21:30:29 78,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    No mention yet of Watership Down. I'm guessing that if you're around my age, the black rabbit, the gassing scene and the General vs Bigwig fight will have scarred you for life.
    Had to be taken home aged 4, sobbing. All I could think about was poor Thumper at home (yeah yeah, I was 4 ok!)

Not seen it mentioned this thread, but The Fog is also a cracker.
  • mrKaizen 4 Apr 2013 23:12:22 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi guys.
    I love DESCENT and also EVENT HORIZON.

Years ago I saw a free movie, THE TUNNEL.
    Ehi, it's still available:
    http://vodo.net/thetunnel

Man, prob I s**t in my pants O_O. Give it a try, it's free.
  • mrKaizen 5 Apr 2013 00:04:06 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @mrKaizen

Shameless, fucking shameless.
    why? :)
  • Awimbawe 5 Apr 2013 00:09:53 514 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Because you're basically spamming the forum you goon.
  • mal 5 Apr 2013 00:17:43 25,920 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Is he?
  • rtk79 5 Apr 2013 00:32:34 502 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've yet to find a film as frightening as the early Twin Peaks back in the day. Just thinking of Bob or the deserted rail-car sends shivers down my spine.
  • mrKaizen 5 Apr 2013 00:33:50 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Arrr9 wrote:
    Because you're basically spamming the forum you goon.
    oh, really..? For the movie link? :D
    Ehi, it's a free horror movie, what's the problem.
    It's not made by me, I don't even know the guys who made it. ^_^
    If I touch your feeling, I'm sorry... ;)
  • mal 5 Apr 2013 00:35:23 25,920 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If you touch his feeling, you best be sorry ;)
  • Awimbawe 5 Apr 2013 00:39:45 514 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You have touched my feeling and it felt odd and weird, seemed like a bid for funding. I touch your feeling back.
  • mrKaizen 5 Apr 2013 00:41:56 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mal wrote:
    If you touch his feeling, you best be sorry ;)
    ahah hope only his feeling :p
  • mrKaizen 5 Apr 2013 00:43:42 12 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Arrr9 wrote:
    You have touched my feeling and it felt odd and weird, seemed like a bid for funding. I touch your feeling back.
    maybe later (= never)... watch "the tunnel" before :D
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 10:33:29
    Agree with many choices here, especially Ring (Japanese), Hills Have Eyes, Dead End, the first Alien.
    Just occurred to me, that horrifying scene in Silence of the Lambs where she was in that pit in the dark with that freak who was using night vision goggles or something.
    It felt like I WAS THERE instead of her, I found that very scary.

EDIT: Deleted image, I can't for the life of me find out how to insert it properly. Just google "Nosferatu 1922 film" to find what I think is the most disturbing image of a vampire.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 11:09:46 05-04-2013
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 12:40:07
    Cosmopolitan wrote:

EDIT: Deleted image, I can't for the life of me find out how to insert it properly. Just google "Nosferatu 1922 film" to find what I think is the most disturbing image of a vampire.
    Scariest looking vampire right here shit me up as a kid
  • YenRug 10 Jan 2016 18:37:29 4,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Angus Scrimm, aka The Tall Man in the Phantasm films has died, aged 89.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/10/angus-scrimm-obituary-phantasm
  • Kichi 10 Jan 2016 21:04:06 2,151 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The relic and Jurassic park 1.
  • the_milkybar_kid 10 Jan 2016 21:33:26 3,625 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's an easy answer but The Excorcist, circa 98. There was a bit of a resurgence and people were talking about it at school (was there a directors cut or something released? Or it was being shown on TV for the first time?) I was 12 at the time and my mate managed to acquire a tape of it. Her Mum was quite easy going with letting us watch stuff like Nightmare on Elm Street and IT.

We sat down to watch it one night and we only made it up to where Regans eyes start rolling back into her head and she talks like a Londoner. The tension the film had built up before then and her getting thrown about in her bed were more than enough to make me end there but my mate wanted to continue. However at that point we just screamed and scrambled to turn it off.

A few months later my mate lent me the tape but I wouldn't even dare to have it in my room or house and had to return it.

I think it was the stigma attached to it, at a time before easy internet access, stories of people being hospitalised at the cinema, that it'd been banned, that it was a true story, parents saying they'd never watch it again, all these fucking rumours flying about made it all the more daunting. My mind just ran wild. I think I'd have become mentally ill if I saw the spider walk.

It's still quite uneasy watching now, but obviously far easier to watch,

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 21:48:50 10-01-2016
  • Mola_Ram 10 Jan 2016 21:34:56 13,579 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Inland Empire, probably.
  • PES_Fanboy Funniest Forumite, 2015 10 Jan 2016 21:42:55 36,808 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's either Zodiac or some film noir low budget thing I watched once, both have an extraordinarily visceral, disturbing, hate filled stabbing scene in it.

All the supernatural mumbo jumbo doesn't really bother me as I have such a literal mind and lack of imagination that (say) The Ring or some such just makes me laugh at the ridiculousness
  • Deleted user 10 January 2016 21:50:09
    The entity.

I was on night shift on my own, on top of a hill.

Had to stop it midway through and turn on every light until I'd calmed down. I was scared stupid. The howling wind making the place creak and groan probably didn't help.
  • Ultrasoundwave 10 Jan 2016 21:59:07 4,808 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Saw the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, not the fucking remake) way too young, when I was about 10 or 11?, absolutely destroyed my brain, couldn't sleep for days!

The last film that freaked me out was The Black Dahlia, a crap movie from 2006 with Scarlett Johansson and Aaron Eckhart. The film itself is reasonably shit and not that scary, but it did lead to me googling the actual Black Dhalia case:

One of the most terrifying things I've ever read (plus the Internet has real photos from the crime scene, obviously). I'm 30 years old and shit like that is fucking shatteringly frightening.

DO NOT google the Black Dhalia case. Just don't.
  • challenge_hanukkah 10 Jan 2016 22:01:29 2,140 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Poltergeist left me with beshitted pants when I was about 8 or 9.

Edited by challenge_hanukkah at 22:01:45 10-01-2016
  • superbob85 10 Jan 2016 22:03:24 5,266 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I would say that the original Texas chainsaw massacre was terrifying watching as kid.
  • retro74 10 Jan 2016 22:16:08 1,747 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I like scary films but watched one called The Burning in the 80s that shit me up at the time and I've not seen it again since

Don't know anyone else that's seen it but I expect that it's quite tame compared to some now
  • FartPipe 10 Jan 2016 22:23:59 5,316 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    superbob85 wrote:
    I would say that the original Texas chainsaw massacre was terrifying watching as kid.
    Gremlins is scary as fuck for children yet they were allowed to watch it, it's absolutely gruesome.
  • Psiloc 10 Jan 2016 22:54:19 3,037 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first Alien left me unable to sleep as a kid, so I should rank that up there. Now I just think it's a really good film.

Horror films don't really land for me as an adult and therefore just kinda bore me. There's not always a lot to them. May be watching the wrong ones though.

A film that really stayed with me and scared me in a totally non-traditional way was Requiem for a Dream, having watched it for the first time just a few years ago. Very powerful, very affecting and frightened me in the sense of making me strongly empathise with very, very damaged characters in impossibly bleak yet worryingly realistic situations.
  • DukeSilver 10 Jan 2016 23:01:58 1,331 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    The Fog when I was quite young was a traumatic time.
  • dawve30 10 Jan 2016 23:08:12 8 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    From Beyond, I saw it when young and it really creeped me out.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.