I am pretty amazing.
  • sport 4 Apr 2013 11:20:39 12,758 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hate you, and by hate, I mean love.
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2013 11:23:11 28,268 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wait now I look mental. Somebody just said I was amazing and then she disappeared. She was a pretty girl and everything.

Oh god its happening again.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 4 Apr 2013 11:30:23 739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Watch this film http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNpDiQimK6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Very graphic film, not a scary film as such but made you think that there's probably people out there that think /do this type of thing.

Arsechickens

• localnotail 4 Apr 2013 11:33:20 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Futaba wrote:
    Poltergiest freaked me out when I saw it as an 8 year old, the clown was the worst part for me.
    This, and the tree. And the guy pulling his face off. I was 12 though, but I was also watching it in a caravan in a friend's garden, during a thunderstorm.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

• localnotail 4 Apr 2013 11:34:20 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Also Paperhouse.
    *shudders*

• Deckard1 4 Apr 2013 11:35:48 28,268 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've never actually seen Poltergiest, would it still hold up today?
  • EMarkM 4 Apr 2013 11:47:12 3,174 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Wait now I look mental. Somebody just said I was amazing and then she disappeared. She was a pretty girl and everything.

Oh god its happening again.
    Now sit down, Deck.

There was no pretty girl.

Was there?
  • nickthegun 4 Apr 2013 11:57:58 60,164 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I've never actually seen Poltergiest, would it still hold up today?
    Yes and no. It has a few really iconic scenes which have been referenced and parodied ad nauseum, so they are kind of worn out and tangina is inherently hilarious, so.... yeah, its worth a watch. Its still good but I doubt it would have the same impact.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Youthist 4 Apr 2013 12:09:21 10,021 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wolf Creek. Also the uncut remake of The Hills Have Eyes has definite merit IMO, with some hard to watch scenes.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 13:00:26
    The Grudge is the last horror/creepy film I saw at the cinema and pretty much ever since. I can still remember not sleeping the whole night after seeing that. Also, The Truman Show. I was paranoid for days after seeing it for the first time.
  • localnotail 4 Apr 2013 13:10:59 23,093 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've just realised we don't get static any more on TV, so Poltergeist might confuse the youngsters.

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 14:03:51
    The undressing scene in Cocoon ;_;

I was 9 when I saw that and it freaked me the hell out. Any scene like that where someone's watching in secret and then gets spotted is a surefire pulse raiser for me :-(
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2013 14:05:01 28,268 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah old womans tits are the worst
  • ronuds 4 Apr 2013 14:10:29 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    Futaba wrote:
    Poltergiest freaked me out when I saw it as an 8 year old, the clown was the worst part for me.
    This, and the tree. And the guy pulling his face off. I was 12 though, but I was also watching it in a caravan in a friend's garden, during a thunderstorm.
    Yep, has to be near the top of my list as well. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with how young I was when it was released, but hot damn did it make me shit myself like few others.
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 14:24:10
    Post deleted
  • simiankid 4 Apr 2013 14:55:41 594 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Horror films don't scare me, I just think they're funny. But then, I'm not a very imaginative person, so perhaps I lack the ability to suspend disbelief.

However, as a teenager I caught Tetsuo, The Iron Man on Channel 4 at three in the morning. I was fascinated, and terrified at the same time. Not so much scared as just very, very disturbed. I've had the sequel on DVD for years and never got around to watching it.

I'd say it's mostly context when it comes to scaring the bejeezus out of yourself.
  • L_Franko Moderator 4 Apr 2013 15:35:20 9,694 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think the last film that made me uneasy was the original Grudge.

Scary films these days are not scary at all and one of the reasons for that is because before release they try and shove as much information down your throat as possible about it and claim it will be the scariest thing you'll ever see.
    I've given up paying to see modern horror films now and just wait for them to come to tv.
  • Mageme 4 Apr 2013 15:57:30 2,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tend to avoid scary films as I'm a complete wuss but from what I've seen, The Grudge and The Ring scared me the most. Made me completely paranoid for some good time afterwards and I had to unplug the TV and leave the lights on throughout the house!

Anything with dolls or children (or dolls of children) freak me out too.

3DS: 5086-1465-9252

• ronuds 4 Apr 2013 16:00:05 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think CGI takes away a lot of the scare in flicks. Most of the time it looks stupid.
  • Deckard1 4 Apr 2013 16:04:35 28,268 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What was the last horror film you watched with a lot of CGI in it?
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 16:04:54
    Mama had a fuckload of CGI. The main demon/ghost/whatever looked fucking stupid.

Edited by meme at 16:05:12 04-04-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 4 Apr 2013 16:07:44 9,694 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The last scary (wasn't really scary) film I watched was The Orphanage and I really enjoyed it. It wont have you jumping out of your skin but some with an interest in spooky films should find it watchable.
  • ronuds 4 Apr 2013 16:08:26 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    What was the last horror film you watched with a lot of CGI in it?
    I don't know - I haven't watched many lately. I keep thinking of The Haunting, but that was terrible with or w/o CGI.
  • FogHeart 4 Apr 2013 17:38:12 948 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I feel it's a shame that supernatural horror is now solely about ghosts with the odd possession thrown in. Vampires and werewolves are now all 'Dark Fantasy' or worse, 'Dark Romance'. Either machine guns and kung fu fighting, or relationships and 'lore'. There has only been one scary vampire movie since Salem's Lot, and even the sequel to that (30 Days of Night) was made into the same shitty stuff we get these days with A vampire queen called Lilith. I blame Anne Rice, who pretty much made vampires into what goth teenage girls wanted them to be - pale face, high cheekbones, frilly cuffs, enjoying nicely crafted crucifixes but needing to sleep in a coffin.
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 17:50:12
    Back in 1982 I bet poltergeist made you shit your pants.

Its aged quite badly now and you could argue films like Sinister, Insidious and the upcoming "The Conjuring" probably do it better.

However for me Poltergeist 2 is really fucking creepy, with the dolls, the toy phone and that creepy fucking religious old guy Kane. It still holds up today

Edited by espibara at 17:53:41 04-04-2013
  • ronuds 4 Apr 2013 17:55:45 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The end of Poltergeist 2 was horrendous, but the rest of what you say is true.

The song the old man sang was creepy!

God is in, his holy tem...ple.
    Blah, blah, blah
    Blah, blah, blah, blah

or something
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 17:56:37
    ronuds wrote:
    The end of Poltergeist 2 was horrendous, but the rest of what you say is true.

The song the old man sang was creepy!

God is in, his holy tem...ple.
    Blah, blah, blah
    Blah, blah, blah, blah

or something
    Ahhh you fucking bastard...............fucking bastard

Forgot about that song ...........till now
  • Gambit1977 4 Apr 2013 18:10:55 9,810 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Such a lovely chaaaaaaaald!"
  • Page