Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain announced

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous
  • morriss 27 Mar 2013 18:14:20 71,286 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/03/27/metal-gear-ground-zeroes-through-the-eyes-of-a-fox/

Lol
  • morriss 27 Mar 2013 18:16:23 71,286 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Keifer Sutherland is in it. Open world. Snake wakes up after a nine-year coma and has lost a lot of abilities.
  • Deleted user 27 March 2013 18:17:58
    This reminds me, I should get round to finishing one of these games someday.

Any word on how many hundred hours of cutscenes are involved?
  • morriss 27 Mar 2013 18:18:37 71,286 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No but there's a close up of a naked man's backside.
  • Deleted user 27 March 2013 18:19:17
    SOLD
  • morriss 27 Mar 2013 18:20:31 71,286 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • oceanmotion 27 Mar 2013 18:20:58 16,123 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bah, stream died.

Damnit Chloe!
  • JinTypeNoir 27 Mar 2013 18:37:29 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Considering the whole kerfluffle over whether the fake CEO of The Phantom Pain or not, I'm going to make a wild guess that after all the speculation and guesswork that lead up to the release, Kojima will show that he's still got it and this game will be subject to an endless tirade of bickering about whether he is a mad genius or a loony has-been.

In other words, Metal Gear as usual! Squee!
  • oceanmotion 27 Mar 2013 18:40:34 16,123 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuJ2q3uBYI

GDC Stream

http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot/new
  • Psychotext 27 Mar 2013 18:42:54 55,032 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tech aside.... meh. MGS4 was the last MGS game I'm ever play.
  • King_Edward 27 Mar 2013 18:45:13 11,471 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I want it right now.
  • captbirdseye 27 Mar 2013 18:57:53 5,464 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My ears are bleeding after that awful soundtrack.
  • Steve_Perry 27 Mar 2013 19:00:48 5,200 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can't wait to see what happens next in the tale of 'not Snake Plissken' and his already drawn out to death narrative.

Probably some sneaking about.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Mar 2013 19:07:16 39,754 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just as I was saying yesterday I had bought the MGS HD collection on Vita and realised I couldn't face playing them again due to the terribly dated gameplay.

And of course I never completed MGS4 as I got to this codec conversation, got 20 mins in, got bored, turned it off and never returned.

Loved Revengence, but this'll have to be a decent modernisation of the series for me to return.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• CosmicFuzz 27 Mar 2013 19:15:04 25,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I looooove MGS games. Can't wait!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• CosmicFuzz 27 Mar 2013 19:18:50 25,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wait, IGN saying David Hayter not returning!!

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Deleted user 27 March 2013 19:34:35
    Love the mgs games, every one is an absolute classic and I loved mgs4. Can't want for this.
  • Deleted user 27 March 2013 19:56:12
    The most important innovation would be the ability to save mid-cutscene, or just not have cut-scenes so long that you need that to be an option.
  • mrpon 27 Mar 2013 19:59:27 29,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    What? WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• King_Edward 27 Mar 2013 20:33:40 11,471 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    What? WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!
    Snake's smoking has cost him his vocal chords it seems.
  • King_Edward 27 Mar 2013 20:35:36 11,471 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    The most important innovation would be the ability to save mid-cutscene, or just not have cut-scenes so long that you need that to be an option.
    A few MGS4 cut scenes let you do that.
  • gelf 28 Mar 2013 08:47:07 188 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A few scenes did but what we need in all cutscene heavy games is a pause and save at any point we want. I love metal gear but I hate being in a situation where I feel I should only play the game when I have hours of spare time just in case I get into a long cutscene.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2013 09:00:19
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Big Boss innit.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2013 09:13:07
    King_Edward wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    A few MGS4 cut scenes let you do that.
    Yeah, but if you can't do it at your convenience then it's fairly pointless. Waiting for the mid scene save point is not that different to waiting for a cut scene to end, especially if we're talking over twenty minutes or whatever.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2013 09:30:23
    I'm pretty sure they're using Kevin Doyle, the voice of Big Boss in MGS4. From the trailer it sounds like quite a decent transition as the voice / dialogue still sounds like David Hayter but obviously a little older and less husky. I'm a big fan of Hayter but I think this is the right move.

The timeline should set it sometime around the early 80's and if a late teen / early adult Solid Snake appears, it'd be a little weird hearing Snake talking to Snake.
  • Deleted user 28 March 2013 09:30:31
    Post deleted
  • nickthegun 28 Mar 2013 09:30:48 61,297 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was funny that by completing the game you were actually committing to sitting there, staring at the screen for over an hour.

That said, I did really enjoy it and would happily buy another one.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• CosmicFuzz 28 Mar 2013 09:40:29 25,620 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    feeg86 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure they're using Kevin Doyle, the voice of Big Boss in MGS4. From the trailer it sounds like quite a decent transition as the voice / dialogue still sounds like David Hayter but obviously a little older and less husky. I'm a big fan of Hayter but I think this is the right move.

The timeline should set it sometime around the early 80's and if a late teen / early adult Solid Snake appears, it'd be a little weird hearing Snake talking to Snake.
    Heh, shows how little I can remember from 4. I thought Hayter voiced Big Boss in 3 etc. Am about to reply 4 but to be honest I can't even remember big boss being in it!

• wogsy81 28 Mar 2013 09:49:06 759 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't actually consider MGS games AAA (or triple A whatever you call it)
    I consider them quadruple A. By that i mean that MGS games for me are an event. They're like my birthday. But one that only ccomes every 4 years or so.

I know that each MGS game has a level of love, care, attention and so much passion involved in creating them that they stand out over any other triple A release.

Most games i complete are quickly forgotten but i vivdly remeber every MGS game i have played. I remember me getting these games and the hair on the back of my neck standing up as i put that disc in ready to start a new adventure. Watching them MGS 2 opening credits back in 2001 was a biblical day in my videogame playing life. I remember it vivdly. I also remeber completing MGS1 (psone) back when i was 14-15 years old watching the ending thinking to myself "wow, so this is what videogames are capable of" I knew after completing MGS1 that i would be playing videogames for the rest of my life. It was a very unique moment and a memory that i will cherish forever. I never tyhought that watching a polar bear drinking from a snowy mountain stream would have such an effect on me.

The previous console MGS's (1-4) have all been very unique and enjoyable experiences for me. So much so that i normally take a few days off work upon release day so i can just play the game all day and get throughly absorbed in the game and Kojimas crazy world. I will be doing the same for this game.

If i had a choice to play ANY game in the entire world right now then this would be it.

No other game franchise comes close to MGS in my opinion. These games are unique works of art that all gamers should play.

Sorry for rambling there gents but i just had to get that off my chest.
  • HarryPalmer 28 Mar 2013 09:52:12 3,584 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God I love MGS.

There is a whale swallowing a helicopter.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Previous