Bioshock Infinite +++ SPOILERS +++ Thread Page 3

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 02:44:40
    Have to agree Songbird is underused to the extent it was built up and many of the preview scenes don't exist anymore.

I seem to recall an extended fight on a bridge with a metal gorilla (possibly a handyman) that was featured extensively - ah, yes, it was after the 'dead horse' tear.
  • ecureuil 29 Mar 2013 02:54:50 76,795 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Two preview videos:

One

Two

Both very different to the final game, though you can see that certain scenes were put in, just in a different way. Both look better than the final game imo..
  • Deleted user 29 March 2013 03:55:00
    Yes, yes they do :(
  • Deleted user 29 March 2013 04:54:46
    Why is Comstock so much older than Booker when there's only 20 years in it?
  • ubergine 29 Mar 2013 05:15:16 2,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Equal parts time and whime.

He does mention cancers from exposure to the science shit.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ubergine

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 07:43:10
    There's also a voxphone that mentions that exposure to the tears has caused him significant acceleration in ageing and degradation of his health.
  • jellyBelly 29 Mar 2013 08:05:42 414 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Slightly off topic. Infinite and the ultimate rapture collection dropped in the mailbox today. Now I've finished the first game back in 2007, but never played the second. Should I play through that the second one first and then infinite? Are there any story elements I might miss out by playing Infinite first? Truth is I'd rather go for Infinite but don't want to miss out on anything. Any advice?

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 08:22:52
    B2 was fantastic, the multiple ending were brilliant and for me the 'good' ending one of my favourites of all time.
  • RabidChild 29 Mar 2013 08:23:56 2,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think you're fine to go for it. But maybe stay out of is thread til you've finished the game ;)

Question for all: is there any significance to which brooch you choose and does it affect the story?

Edited by RabidChild at 08:24:34 29-03-2013
  • jellyBelly 29 Mar 2013 08:41:25 414 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    @jellyBelly

They're not connected at all so it's fine to play Infinite first. Don't let anyone put you off playing B2 though, I thought it was a great game.
    Thanks mate , just a few more hours of unchart..sorry tomb raider to go and then one of the bio shocks it is

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 09:41:35
    @Goodfella That's not wholly true...

During the final sequence with the lighthouses and at the baptism, the necklace seems to come and go, even alternating with the cage or bird depending on which one you chose.

Interestingly, as a comment on player agency it's a trite point that although you're given a choice (so it's a variable between the universes), it has no perceptible effect. Therefore, unlike the constant of coinflipping (not only by the twins: every time you catch a coin from Elizabeth, it's heads) even imperceptible or aesthetic variables do not seem to alter the timeline.
  • StaffyDog 29 Mar 2013 09:48:43 255 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My Lizzi changed so much suddenly halfway through the game! Her dress and hair . Did I miss something or did the developers change her? If so that's a bit silly.
  • Deleted user 29 March 2013 09:58:27
    So I guess you don't pay attention much? Do you go for wee breaks at every kind of cut scene?
  • Sharzam 29 Mar 2013 10:05:47 2,863 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can someone please tell me where the bit with 'dead horse' is? I cant seam to remember seeing it despite the fact everyone is talking about it.

Anyway my favorite 'emotional' bit is with the guitar in the inn cellar. Was really nice unexpected touch, not important to story or anything just a random event that an excellent studio like irrational would think of.

Edited by Sharzam at 10:06:37 29-03-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Deleted user 29 March 2013 10:13:35
    The horse isn't in it, just like everything else awesome in the 2011 e3 trailer. So many great things all not in the final product.

Where was this inn? Never found it.
  • binky Moderator 29 Mar 2013 10:24:52 9,623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Loved it, but not as much as bio1.
    The world was interesting and it kept me playing but it didn't have me as enthralled as Rapture.

Can't decide if ill replay or not, tempted to get full whack on trade value. Combat seemed rather easy on normal and the vigors weren't as exciting to use plasmids IMO.
  • sanctusmortis 29 Mar 2013 10:35:46 9,631 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's what the post-credits bit is: a Booker who was never baptised, but never ran into the Lutece "twins", thereby keeping Anna.
  • Deleted user 29 March 2013 10:51:41
    It doesn't make sense because you are killed before she is born, hence they all start vanishing.
  • StaffyDog 29 Mar 2013 11:10:50 255 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    So I guess you don't pay attention much? Do you go for wee breaks at every kind of cut scene?
    Yeah probably fell asleep so tel me why , I don't want to replay it ;-)
  • VicViper 29 Mar 2013 11:16:03 32 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Pepsipop i think that its the brooker who had made the choice to be baptised and become comstock was killed there fore preventing Comstock from ever creating clombia and the taking Elizabeth. So th elizabeths you see disappearing are the versions of anna that went on to gain the powers as with out comstock the never come into being
  • Mudo 29 Mar 2013 11:32:46 220 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah probably fell asleep so tel me why , I don't want to replay it
    She kills Daisy which traumatises and bloodys her up. She changes out of the blood soaked clothes and cuts her hair
  • Deleted user 29 March 2013 11:46:21
    Goodfella wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Where was this inn? Never found it.
    Ah, you missed a great little (although unimportant) part of the game.

It's in Shanty Town, can't really describe where it is but if you go into the cellar there's a chair with an acoustic guitar propped up against it, interact and you play the guitar and Elizabeth sings.
    It's also where you can hear the Bioshock Infinite version of 'Tainted Love' which made me giggle like a twat.

• Whizzo 29 Mar 2013 11:58:03 43,115 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    binky wrote:Can't decide if ill replay or not, tempted to get full whack on trade value. Combat seemed rather easy on normal and the vigors weren't as exciting to use plasmids IMO.
    Combat for the most part isn't that tricky on hard but when a handyman turns up you'll be wishing he hadn't.

Being revived by Elizabeth multiple times on one particular section for a handyman to leap at you a second later was bloody irritating.

Use of gear and vigor upgrades (like the traps being set when you kill someone with Murder of Crows/Shock Jockey or the chain lightning effect) made them much more fun for me that the plasmids. Murder of Crows is almost overpowered at how useful it is.

Loved the game, loved the story and will certainly play through it again.

This space left intentionally blank.

• binky Moderator 29 Mar 2013 12:30:18 9,623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Whizzo On normal the handyman battles were crap! Just spammed with a volleygun and the devil vigor and down they went. None of the fear that you got seeing a big daddy patrolling.

See I set far more traps in bio than I did in this because I never felt the need to, enemies dropped with a carbine and an explosive weapon fairly easily. Sounds like I should have played on hard doesn't it.
  • binky Moderator 29 Mar 2013 12:31:11 9,623 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Goodfella I thought I was quite thorough but certainly missed the guitar which made that video a little out of place for me :D
  • ecureuil 29 Mar 2013 12:39:29 76,795 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    binky wrote:
    @Whizzo On normal the handyman battles were crap! Just spammed with a volleygun and the devil vigor and down they went. None of the fear that you got seeing a big daddy patrolling.

See I set far more traps in bio than I did in this because I never felt the need to, enemies dropped with a carbine and an explosive weapon fairly easily. Sounds like I should have played on hard doesn't it.
    I played on normal and still found the Handyman fights to be tough. Had an awesome moment where I was stood on top of a building and one was across a balcony quite a way off, and he lobbed a person at me which sent me flying to the ground. I didn't see that coming and it was really awesome. I enjoyed those fights a lot.

I didn't use traps much either, mainly because holding L2 took too long in the heat of battle. They worked better in Bioshock because most of the areas were tight, in this they're mostly wide open so they weren't as useful. Sometimes it was good to spam the shock jockey trap though.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last