Registered 9 years ago
    An interesting wee detail

[youtube] qpmvkZ6TIMk[/youtube]

14 seconds in, the Songbird tune appears faintly in Bioshock 1

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• northernlights 6 Apr 2013 11:26:19 652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What I'd like to see for the DLC would be a rift opens up in Columbia which sends some Big Daddy's through from Rapture
  • Syrette 6 Apr 2013 11:40:03 43,232 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    northernlights wrote:
    Anyone know what the DLC is going to be about ?
    Levine has said that it won't be set after the game's ending, nor will it be content cut from the vanilla game during development.

• northernlights 6 Apr 2013 11:41:44 652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I trust Ken Levine to deliver. Imagine though an army of Big Daddy's trawling through Columbia
  • ecureuil 6 Apr 2013 14:14:59 76,652 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    An interesting wee detail

[youtube] qpmvkZ6TIMk[/youtube]

I don't think it means anything. They probably just have a whole bank of sound effects which they pick from, this one was chosen for the scene because it sounded creepy, and they then reused it and jazzed it up for the Songbird. Songbird doesn't even make that noise when he dies, and it's pretty clear that Booker and Elizabeth are in Rapture after the events of the first game are over since some of the debris has been cleared, also this takes place in Fort Frolic and Songbird died near the bathysphere at the start of the game.
  • northernlights 6 Apr 2013 14:38:20 652 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can see a little sister and big daddy in the distance on the bridge just after the songbird breaks up
  • the_dudefather 7 Apr 2013 00:29:40 9,262 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You get a special ending if you finish the game in 1999 mode without killing any NPCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-F1tPiJv8A&hd=1

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• SuperBas 7 Apr 2013 12:10:31 1,452 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does "any NPCs" include enemies? Excellent ending.
  • MrDigital 7 Apr 2013 12:16:28 1,866 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And it definitely isn't a fake video?

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• King_Edward 7 Apr 2013 12:52:41 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    You get a special ending if you finish the game in 1999 mode without killing any NPCs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-F1tPiJv8A&hd=1
    FFS. I hate it when an "artist" hides the real beauty and context of his work behind an insane level of difficulty. If you hadn't of linked it here, I never would've seen the true meaning and message of Bioshock Infinite. It's truly beautiful and truly appalling that so few will see it.
  • oldschoolsoviet 7 Apr 2013 16:09:35 5,459 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished today, and my head hurts. Loved all the perspective of the American history, not so much the flabby final third and defense battle, loved the Rapture nod, not so much the confusing strands. Anyhoo, fired through the thread, and haven't seen it mentioned:

The baseball, the message warning you of 77, and the connection to the silent movie boxes later showing "home movie clips" from a Robert (?) somebody titled with #77, ending with the death off the waterfall.

Wha's tha' all aboot ? A previous Booker or something ? Why was he sightseeing if so ?
  • Ged42 7 Apr 2013 19:12:07 7,713 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @the_dudefather

Reminds me of Silent Hill 2, where the true ending is hidden by an insane difficulty and insane cuteness.
  • LionheartDJH 7 Apr 2013 19:47:45 19,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    the_dudefather wrote:

I don't think it means anything. They probably just have a whole bank of sound effects which they pick from, this one was chosen for the scene because it sounded creepy, and they then reused it and jazzed it up for the Songbird. Songbird doesn't even make that noise when he dies, and it's pretty clear that Booker and Elizabeth are in Rapture after the events of the first game are over since some of the debris has been cleared, also this takes place in Fort Frolic and Songbird died near the bathysphere at the start of the game.
    Yeah I've been playing through it again this weekend and that sound effect can be heard multiple times while you're in the Fleet Hall.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Bremenacht 7 Apr 2013 20:47:17 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished a little earlier. Loved it.

Qs:
    How did the original Lady Comstock die? I can't remember finding out.
    How do you get into that keyless tomb next to hers? The one with the gear.
    Did all the Elizabeths cease to exist in the end? I didn't see the last one go.

:)
  • LionheartDJH 7 Apr 2013 21:03:46 19,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:

Qs:

1. Comstock had her killed because she knew the truth about Elizabeth. He did the same with Lutece.
    2. Don't know, sorry.
    3. Yes. Only baby Anna remains.

• Bremenacht 7 Apr 2013 21:33:31 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AH, Ta.

I didn't see anything explicitly stating what happened, although it was signposted enough. That final fight with her - what a slog that was. Don't think I'll try 1999 mode, given how hard that was on hard.
  • LionheartDJH 7 Apr 2013 22:05:44 19,373 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah it's not explicitly stated AFAIK but like you say it isn't difficult to add up the pieces of info from Voxophones etc. and come to the obvious conclusion.

Answer to your gear question here.

• Kanjin 8 Apr 2013 00:03:16 1,079 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, the ending explains why it's called Bioshock Infinite that's for sure.

Good game! Will probably play through again soon in 1999 mode.
  • Bremenacht 8 Apr 2013 00:09:52 17,687 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It certainly allows a lot of scope for a follow-up. I can imagine a HL: Opposing Forces style tale.

Edited by Bremenacht at 00:10:06 08-04-2013
  • TheMilkman 8 Apr 2013 01:00:39 197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I dunno, DLC maybe, but I just can't see a sequel now. It's like the magician has revealed his tricks somewhat and you would know what was coming. I reckon a new Bioshock game could only work if it didn't reference this one in any way.

@oldschoolsoviet - Good spot that, I never noticed that before.
  • timetraveler 8 Apr 2013 06:40:25 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I love games with this kind of climate - quite irrational, but incredible!
  • SFD 8 Apr 2013 10:48:07 490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished this earlier, absolutely incredible game.

I would love to do a 1999 run, but sadly my backlog is ridiculous, so it will have to wait a few months.
  • oldschoolsoviet 8 Apr 2013 11:38:21 5,459 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahhhh. Sussed the 77 thing. It's Robert Lutece, filming the sunset, hummingbirds, and his eventual death as somebody pushes him. :D It's his note in the opening with the warning too.

Godammit.

Next, it's the boards of photos in the "Our Lady Elizabeth" room, labelled Heretic, Pacifist etc.
    Seems to hint that certain characters reappear, especially one gent from the beach who becomes a Handyman ?
  • JinTypeNoir 8 Apr 2013 12:41:52 4,369 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In an interview some months back, Ken Levine said that he reworked something about Comstock because a strong religious believer on his team saw it, got pissed and threatened to quit. Levine said that it was difficult to write because he himself wasn't religious, but he was glad, because he thought it lead to a more believable character.

Obviously, it is not still in there if he reworked it, but any idea, from what is there, what it could have been?
  • DUFFKING 8 Apr 2013 12:49:27 7,184 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:

Qs:

1. Comstock had her killed because she knew the truth about Elizabeth. He did the same with Lutece.
    2. Don't know, sorry.
    3. Yes. Only baby Anna remains.
    #2 you have to light the torches with devils kiss
  • Kosmoz 9 Apr 2013 08:14:32 7,654 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished the game last night. Wow.

Firstly, although obvious very similar in gameplay to the previous games, I still found the game massively different to play. In the first bioshock, I felt scared and alone. I was scared of what was around every corner and behind every door. In infinite, I felt a bit Rambo. In a good way. When you have to rescue Elizabeth in comstock house, that's when I felt it the most. I also felt like I HAD to rescue her, and not to advance the game.

What's the big scare people are talking about? Think I missed something there.

The opening was amazing. I'm pretty sure I said "oh my god" or "wow" out loud far too many times.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• ascue 9 Apr 2013 08:41:12 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You activate a lever in Comstock House and there's one of those freaky mental patients waiting for you when you turn back 'round.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Apr 2013 08:50:09 37,663 posts
    Seen 59 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    5th playthrough changes things up a bit:

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 9 April 2013 09:07:37
    Kosmoz wrote:
    Finished the game last night. Wow.

In infinite, I felt a bit Rambo. In a good way. When you have to rescue Elizabeth in Comstock house, that's when I felt it the most. I also felt like I HAD to rescue her, and not to advance the game.
    My thoughts exactly, I was ready to rampage through Comstock House! Instead there was a very interesting switch up wherein I had to sneak past those creepy as hell security guard type guys.

What a final act! Plus, So many jaw dropping moments, the game just looked beautiful all the way through.

Loved the out and out action parts as well, zipping around skylines launching yourself down and kicking serious arse.
  • Ged42 13 Apr 2013 20:53:32 7,713 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some odd things in the audio.

I'd wondered what the Possession vigour was whispering, nice touch :D
  • Page

of 17 First / Last