Bioshock Infinite +++ SPOILERS +++ Thread Page 11

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 22:33:15
    There must be a reason she isn't in the final scene.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 22:37:04
    Yeah but she still exists before you are drowned yet is not there.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 22:43:27
    @Pepsipop She is. Booker wakes up to her crying. Before you see her though the screen goes black.

The way I see the ending is, all bad multi verses end and a good ending survives where Booker never went to the baptism, doesn't die or get into debt. He wakes up to find Anne crying in her cot.

Edited by Rec at 22:46:34 02-04-2013
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 22:49:22 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Since the game is playing around not only with time but different dimensions as well cause no longer necessarily leads to an effect.

This of course gives the devs the ability to do whatever the hell they want with the characters and why I don't like it very much when anything starts meddling around with dimensional and/or time travel as the story doesn't need to follow a logical progression any more.

I'll sit back and enjoy the story for what it is but if I start analysing it to much it's never going to make proper sense simply because it can't, you can make up a lot of theories to try and justify it but in the end the human mind isn't designed to comprehend a world where cause doesn't lead to an effect.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 22:53:30
    @Wheelbarrowman

Not all the Bookers died though. Only the Bookers in the multiverse that went to the Baptism died by Elizabeth. The other ones, like I said above, that never went there survived. This, Anna and Booker in the better universes survived.
  • Ged42 2 Apr 2013 22:56:11 7,700 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is going to end like the Lost thread, isn't it.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 22:58:56
    @Ged42

I don't think so. We've already got most of it nailed down. Lost was just a load of rubbish :D

Edited by Rec at 22:59:54 02-04-2013
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 22:59:05 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Probably, as I said if you start meddling in time and dimensions logic no longer applies simple because it can't because cause and effect no longer apply.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:03:33 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The limit of what you can analyse is what happens in 1 time stream because cause and effect will apply in it and ONLY IT. However if you switch to another dimension it no longer applies, this is probably why you Elizabeth doesn't drown you because she can't, she would be killing her own father.

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:06:01
    @dsmx

I don't really like it when games mess with time either, but I think most of this is done well.

Basically, the games about them finally breaking the cycle, thus collapsing the bad multiverses and letting Booker and Anne start again.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:12:28
    @Wheelbarrowman

I think it is. They wanted to end it all remember. In this universe, they have. They're allowed to start again with none of the bad stuff happening.
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:14:44 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Except it does, all that happens with killing booker is it causes rapture to exist. All she stopped was her own crusade to wipe humanity off of the face of the earth.

• dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:34:49 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's always a man and a city, Elizabeth says that in the game.

But more than that booker was able to use the bathysphere in rapture to do that he would have to have some genetics in common with andrew ryan. The only way that could of happened is well either booker has a son or anna gets knocked up pretty soon in the future, or an even more left field theory booker is andrew ryan, which would be even more interesting.

There's also the police sketch artist in one of the buildings asking a women for bookers description and the picture does look a bit like andrew ryan.

Edited by dsmx at 23:44:39 02-04-2013

• Deleted user 2 April 2013 23:46:59
    @Wheelbarrowman

I don't think there is a link. The bathysphere they used aren't locked to only work for Ryan. If they were, no one would of got into the city, as its the spheres they used to get in and out of Rapture. In the book other people besides ryan use that one too. I think it was just a nod to the previous games more then anything and a good plot device to get rid of the songbird (drown it).

As for the baptism,

I think that's just a case of they needed to stop him becoming Comstock. So, in that timeline if he tried to get baptised, he'd drown and die. The other Booker becomes a drunk while the ending after the credits is the good universe ending.

Edited by Rec at 23:53:13 02-04-2013
  • dsmx 2 Apr 2013 23:57:12 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well elizabeth did says there's always a man and a city, she could of meant it literally, the "a man" could very well mean booker, whatever she does booker creates a city so long as he lives. Probably not what's going to happen but it would be an interesting way to take the series.

• dsmx 3 Apr 2013 00:04:56 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Wheelbarrowman There is another possibility, that elizabeth killed every booker that went to the baptism and the only ones to survive are the ones that didn't ever go there in the first place.

• dsmx 3 Apr 2013 00:17:13 7,555 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wheelbarrowman wrote:
    dsmx wrote:
    @Wheelbarrowman There is another possibility, that elizabeth killed every booker that went to the baptism and the only ones to survive are the ones that didn't ever go there in the first place.
    But then Elizabeth would never have existed. It needed to happen then be erased for it to never happen
    First off you never see Elizabeth go through any of the lighthouse doors, including the last one to where you were drowned. Second off as I tired to explain earlier cause and effect don't apply when messing around with time and dimensional travel.

However what we don't know is if it's necessary for booker to go to the baptism for the birth of Anna to occur.

• Deleted user 3 April 2013 00:19:13
    @Wheelbarrowman

That makes sense. So the Booker at the end of the game is when he didn't go through with it and as Comstock never was, Booker still has Anne with him.

That raps that up.

As for Rapture.

There a lot of connections, but we'll have to wait and see if it goes any further...

Oh, and Ken Levine. As great as Bioshock Inifinte was, please don't bring multi verse into it all again. It's such a pain in the ass to keep track of it all lol.

Edited by Rec at 00:20:19 03-04-2013
  • Page

of 17 First / Last