Wii games on Wii U

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 26 March 2013 09:33:00
    I'm thinking about picking up a Wii U. One of the deciding factors is how well it runs original Wii games. I got rid of my Wii before a few great games came out i.e Super Mario Galaxy 2 and I really want to play them.

Should I get a Wii U and play them on that with it's HDMI output or buy a original Wii and get a component cable (if that's still possible)?
  • Lt_Drebin 26 Mar 2013 09:36:19 209 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    In my experience so far my Wii games look nicer on the Wii U than they ever did through component on the old Wii. They do take some time to load up though.
  • Raiko101 26 Mar 2013 10:16:13 6,708 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They look a little sharper, actually. It's not a great visual bump, but worth it if you have some interest in the Wii U too.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Koshares 26 Mar 2013 20:09:44 16 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    By all accounts the PAL Wii emulation is borked when compared to the NTSC effort but even putting that aside I was pleasantly surprised by the step up in quality. I played both DKC Returns and Pikmin 2 on the U and they looked far nicer than the Wii through component on my HD telly. It is a shame that Nintendo couldn't offer a proper full HD upscaling for Wii games on the U though...sure it would be a huge deciding factor for many people.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next