StarForge

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Mar 2013 14:41:15 37,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.starforge.com/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/227680/ (Early access to the alpha)

A next-gen sandbox experience, StarForge is a game about gathering resources, building bases, crafting anything you want, and surviving on an alien planet. Earth's star is dying and humanity transferred as much technology and resources as possible and left on a one way mission to populate another planet. StarForge was inspired by Halo, Warcraft 3, Borderlands, Terraria, and Minecraft. It borrows elements from the RTS, FPS, RPG, Voxel Builder, Tower Defense, and Physics Sandbox genres.
    I'm tempted to buy it, although it does look rough as. I'm sure the animation and what have you will eventually be improved on, but what REALLY gets my interest is there's supposedly seamless ground-to-space gameplay, and eventually have infinite randomly generated voxel terrain with multiplayer "survival" mode where you can take on different roles like soldier, architect, miner and trader.

Or so they say anyway...

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• StarchildHypocrethes 24 Mar 2013 14:44:21 25,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've been quite intrigued by this.

15 quid might be worth a pop.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 24 Mar 2013 15:02:37 37,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe once I'm done with Bioshock Infinite.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• HitchHiker 8 Jul 2013 14:21:30 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This is currently a few pence over 10 . . . unsure about it myself.
  • TVoJ 24 Jun 2014 11:03:01 1,739 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So this is in a flash sale for the next 7 hours. 75% off which makes it 3.75

Today has also seen the release of a new long awaited patch adding:

"player armor, crashed ships, loot zones, biomes, new weapons, gun-sights, hacking, dedicated servers, 64-Bit, new inventory sorting, new resources, new NPC, working injections, new health and hunger bar, and new and added sound effects."

Can anyone comment on the value of this game? I undersatnd any views are likely to be slightly outdated with the new patch and all.

Want it. Think I'm gonna plump the 3.75 but there are quite a few bad reviews about this game. To be expected I imagine as it's early access.

Don't think my mate's will be interested however, which kind of puts a dampener on it as I only really like to play these types of games in co-op.

Edited by TVoJ at 11:03:18 24-06-2014
  • HitchHiker 24 Jun 2014 11:41:53 2,762 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I bought it. Han't impressed me . . . yet. But it's an Alpha. Early Access. I bought it for its potential and I wanted to support something that could evolve into a really great game.

I did the same for Assetto Corsa, 7 Days to Die, Planet Explorers and The Dead linger. There's probably a few I've forgotten to mention.

If what it could be is your sort of game then buy it now, or buy it later and support the devs a bit more.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next