Diesel Tactics - A steampunk-inspired, asynchronous strategy game Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • lucky_jim 25 Apr 2014 07:57:56 5,294 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This actually looks pretty nice, though I've more-or-less given up on mobile/tablet gaming since I got a Vita.
  • TGoCoGames 9 May 2014 18:19:25 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey everyone,

We’ve got another unit animation video reel from our animator Germán Gaussmann for you guys today!

This time the video is of the Clockwork Wasp vehicle from the Usonian army. This helicopter (or sometimes called ‘heliclawpter’ due to it’s hanging claw that snatches units up from the battlefield!) can zoom around the battlefield ignoring terrain effects and enemy units to engage whatever target it pleases!

Armed with twin-linked heavy machine guns, this unit is simply devastating to enemy infantry! In close combat it’s also capable of fighting back with it’s massive claw that can pick up and crush hostile soldiers in it’s pincers!

Mobility and firepower, these machines are available in limited quantities, but effective use of them can determine the outcome of an engagement!

Check out the Clockwork Wasp in action!

• TGoCoGames 17 May 2014 01:29:49 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it has been a long time in the making, so thanks for sticking with us for so long!

We've put together some images of the units from Diesel Tactics on a gridded board to give you an idea of the scale of the units compared to one another and roughly compared to the board.

Here's our first take at the scales:

Based on feedback from social media and forums we slightly increased the size of the Jagdpanzer "Wolfsspinne" (the Spider Tank) and slightly reduced the scale of the Streitwagen-Kommando (motorcycle) units. Note that in both images the motorcycle rider and passenger have not actually been positioned, so that's why it looks slightly odd!

Here's the updated scales:

I think these guys looking great and the scale seems just about right to me. What do you guys think of all the units?
  • TGoCoGames 11 Jun 2014 18:43:58 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We’ve finished up the last of the unit animations today and here’s the animation reel of our final unit, the Jagdpanzer "Wolfsspinne" (aka The Spider Tank)!

We’re working on the backgrounds and cover elements now, which are thankfully static elements so they shouldn’t take us as long to do!

We have some more smaller things to do art-wise (like mission objectives and weapon effects), but we’re getting very close to having a pretty looking game!

We’re very close to being in beta now, with the game being playable but not quite all the game elements in place, so I’m hoping we can have some in game videos soon! I just don’t want to show the game off with so much placeholder art!

All of the animation reels we’ve made for the units can be seen here!
  • TGoCoGames 19 Jun 2014 22:28:18 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    For a while now we've been implementing and testing Diesel Tactics combat on a featureless grid board, seemingly floating in a sea of grey nothingness. Now, as awesome as the gameplay itself is, it can be a little off putting to see these unit models looking better and better while the world they live in remains the same strange, barren battlefield! Well, technically we have been using plain cylinders of differing heights to represent different terrain types, but even that fails to spice up the battle screen!

Finally, we've had time to get to work on the game's backgrounds and terrain objects, and a lot of it already looks really good! It adds a lot to the game to get a feeling of where you are fighting and what you are fighting for, so it's great to start seeing the world that I've been picturing in my head for these many months finally come to life!

You can see the everything that we've made so far in the Diesel Tactics Maps WIP Gallery, though as the name suggests everything is still a work in progress.

Here's a couple samples for you to check out:

Cityscape WIP

Factory Terrain Objects WIP
  • TGoCoGames 12 Aug 2014 22:19:19 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We’re still hard at work on implementing the combat part of Diesel Tactics (the ‘game’ part of the game!), but here’s a new splash screen for T-Go Co Games!

Also, this is the icon we’re currently working on. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • TGoCoGames 26 Aug 2014 00:41:39 26 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wow nasoukikos, sorry about the delay in responding! I didn't get any notice that their was a reply on this forum!

We don't have any gameplay videos yet as we've just started to get the backgrounds placed in the combat section of the game (the game part of the game!), but I'm hoping to have some videos of the menu system and army creation very soon!

I've taken some screenshots of the WIP combat screen so far, so you can check these out.

We plan on having the ground of our maps actually being composed of individual grid squares each with their own terrain image combined to create the ‘floor’ for the units, so don’t worry about the current look of ground itself!

So with that in mind, here’s how starting deployment looks like in Diesel Tactics:

Here are some images of some deployed troops. I’ll mention that the units aren’t quite finalized yet and they aren’t at their final scales!

These are what the models for the terrain pieces in the cityscape map look like:

Here are the same kinds of terrain in the snowy forest map:

The ammo depot with the flag is a mission objective, the trees making the copse are light cover, the tree stump is impassable terrain, and the snow covered metal tent is heavy cover!

What do you guys think?
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next