Monster Hunter Ultimate (Stock Issues)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • aeschylus 22 Mar 2013 17:36:09 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hey

Tesco let me down on my pre order, and they still have no idea when I will get it, so I thought I would go into town on "release day" and pick it up...

Game (A fucking game shop) x2 in my town, no stock, they confirmed they got 2 spare copies sent, which sold out first thing

Hmv No Stock

Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco, Blockbuster, either dont do Wii U games or dont have any stock...

I live in a fairly large town, and how can they expect to get good sales if they dont even stock the damn game!!

Then they moan that companies like Amazon are killing them, and you can see why, with 3 clicks of my mouse I get it for £39 instead of £49 and delivered tomorrow!

Bloody daft... especially Game
  • Gambit1977 22 Mar 2013 18:10:19 9,583 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Until it is a decent seller (Wii u) you can't really expect anything else to be honest.
  • DFawkes 22 Mar 2013 18:45:47 22,613 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's plenty in my area. Well, by plenty I mean some. The same amount you'd get for a new release on any system, pretty much.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Psychotext 22 Mar 2013 18:49:18 53,855 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You'll see this sort of thing until the Wii U puts some decent numbers out there. Right now it's like stocking games for the Xbox in Japan.
  • Sid-Nice 22 Mar 2013 18:53:02 15,852 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had the same problem with NFSMWU.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 22 Mar 2013 19:10:26 6,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So no Wii U games in the chart this weekend, then?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• aeschylus 22 Mar 2013 19:26:39 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    So no Wii U games in the chart this weekend, then?
    it is daft, I dont know what percentage of sales are made up of walk in sales, but one would presume it is easily 20%
  • Raiko101 22 Mar 2013 20:28:27 6,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anybody else ordered Monster Hunter from Amazon? It got dispatched yesterday, but i've not received it. Oddly enough the delivery estimate says by 9pm on Friday the 22nd. I don't know who delivers that late, but i've got no tracking information to follow up.

• nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 20:30:35 58,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like it or not, game shops will stock games they think they can sell.

I had exactly the same problem with SF x T on the Vita. A fairly big name release and no fucker had it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• scuffpuppies 23 Mar 2013 08:00:29 263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My heart goes out to all you chaps that couldn't/can't find a copy yet.

I'm so impressed by MH3U so far, and to be honest only bought it because I hadn't turned on my Wii U for over two months. Now I can finally see what all the fuss is about, and can't stop playing it (Gears and God of War have hardly got a look in this week).

Great game.

(On a side note, and not wanting to sound like a "Billy No mates", not one of my online or real-world friends own a Wii U, so I really could do with some co-op buddies. If anyone is interested, send me an invite...*sob*...I'm all alone...*sob*).

XBL: Scuffy P
    PSN: Scuffy_P
    NN: ScuffyP

• CaptainKerbal 24 Mar 2013 08:25:38 357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just got a Wii U from HMV and had to order this in from a store so should have it Tuesday/Thursday...... there is stock in my local Game but at 49.99 they can do one. Local indie also has it for 42 but I need to use my credit with the other one.
  • scuffpuppies 24 Mar 2013 09:52:22 263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal
    I'd pay the extra mate just to get it now. Next week is Bioshock, Army of Two-3, and Lego City. Monster Hunter 3 might have to take a backseat for a week or so.

Gaming's costing me around £200 a month at the moment. The wife is none too impressed.

• CaptainKerbal 24 Mar 2013 10:54:15 357 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @scuffpuppies

I considered it but I can wait a few days to save the money, I've already got Tomb Raider, Starcraft, SimCity, Nintendoland, and others barely played.....plus scores of films not watched. Expensive month, just that to get the collectors of most of this stuff you have to buy at launch or its silly pricing. Pity no collectors for this game but then again would probably be impossible to get.......
  • aeschylus 24 Mar 2013 11:52:03 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CaptainKerbal wrote:
    Just got a Wii U from HMV and had to order this in from a store so should have it Tuesday/Thursday...... there is stock in my local Game but at 49.99 they can do one. Local indie also has it for 42 but I need to use my credit with the other one.
    Can I please urge you to play ZOmbie U (you should of got it in the HMV deal) it is probably the most underated game I have played, because of it's difficulty...
  • Sid-Nice 24 Mar 2013 14:01:34 15,852 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aeschylus wrote:
    Hey

Tesco let me down on my pre order, and they still have no idea when I will get it, so I thought I would go into town on "release day" and pick it up...

Game (A fucking game shop) x2 in my town, no stock, they confirmed they got 2 spare copies sent, which sold out first thing

Hmv No Stock

Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Tesco, Blockbuster, either dont do Wii U games or dont have any stock...
    I posted a similar complaint in another thread; I contacted my local Asda asking about Need for Speed Most wanted U and was told “We don’t have the game for the Wii U and haven’t received any new Wii U software since the initial launch window.” My local Tesco had a small shelf-space dedicated for the Wii U around Christmas time and even had a “Wii U top 10 chart” sadly this has now disappeared.

Forget the Dreamcast, GameCube and Atari Jaguar, the Wii U situation takes me back to the Atari 400/800 XL days. I remember opting for Atari and buying the cassette player add-on; only to find every gaming emporium shelves full of Spectrum and C64 cassettes, with very few Atari 400/800 games available.

Anyway my daughter has just picked up NFSMWU from Smyth’s Toys for £39.99; I hope the game is worth twice the price of the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions? Obviously if I’d bought either of those versions on the launch weekend I’d have paid a similar price. Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury’s usually have a price war on newly released software; sadly the Wii U version isn’t available in store at these supermarkets locally due to lack of popularity/interest at the moment.

NNID Sid-Nice

• bemaniac 24 Mar 2013 17:31:09 62 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Try blockbuster they always have the new wii u releases...........all 2 of them!
  • scuffpuppies 25 Mar 2013 06:45:19 263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @aeschylus
    Couldn't agree more. It's one of, if not my favourite Zombie games of all-time.

Although the visuals aren't on a par with a PS3 or 360 exclusive, they're still good. In particular the colour pallet. Ubisoft's use of textures and lighting have created one of the most realistic looking game worlds I've seen in years.

Plus who wouldn't enjoy mowing down a herd of Zombies outside the gates of Buckingham palace...with an M60? Great fun.

I never buy second-hand, and would never suggest anyone do so either. But I'm sure you could pick up a new copy of ZombiU for next to nothing.

A worthy investment.

• Gregolution 26 Mar 2013 21:09:59 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any of you who have this, have you found anyone to play online with? I've tried a fair bit and i'm left on 'seeking companions' for eternity. I went to check the Leaderboards for the Arena and... there's not a single entry!
  • aeschylus 26 Mar 2013 23:40:53 446 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    Any of you who have this, have you found anyone to play online with? I've tried a fair bit and i'm left on 'seeking companions' for eternity. I went to check the Leaderboards for the Arena and... there's not a single entry!
    Pal servers are done, and have been for a while now
  • Deleted user 27 March 2013 00:40:50
    There are loads of people playing online. Just go to the server list and choose a lobby, then enter a port.
  • Gregolution 27 Mar 2013 09:50:41 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok I think I'm doing it all wrong then. I'm new to monster hunter and it's not very noob friendly.

I went to the tavern that says network under it and took a quest and then sounded the gong. At no point did I pick a server.

Can someone explain what to do?
  • Deleted user 27 March 2013 10:28:02
    That's for local multiplayer with the 3DS version. Hit "Network Mode" and you'll be taken to the server list.
  • Gregolution 27 Mar 2013 11:31:43 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Cid

Oh... i thought the network mode button was there to say this is already in network mode, never clicked it.

Strange that theres a 3ds local multiplayer mode in the Wii U game no??

Cheers though.
  • nickthegun 27 Mar 2013 11:34:26 58,885 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its ad-hoc wireless 'local' multiplayer. Its why you get hordes of monster hunter zombies sat around in groups in the middle of tokyo, dribbling onto their touchscreens.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Gregolution 27 Mar 2013 12:41:29 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its ad-hoc wireless 'local' multiplayer. Its why you get hordes of monster hunter zombies sat around in groups in the middle of tokyo, dribbling onto their touchscreens.
    Yeah I get that. Don't know why you'd have the option on the Wii u though.
  • Gregolution 27 Mar 2013 19:47:20 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So I'm 12 hours in now and although I enjoy it, there are some really annoying things.

Given I paid 40 quid for this game, I'd expect they could at least give me a proper twin stick control system. Is that too much to ask for? It's re release of an existing game so most of the work was already done. The HD upgrade is pretty 'light', its fairly obvious this was a wii game, but at the very least they could have given me proper camera controls....

The up and down on the right stick just flicks between 3 camera heights and the left and right isn't analogue, it's on or off turning. That's bloody archaic and pathetic. It's the same thing you had in Monster Hunter PSP which came out a loooong time ago.

I always liked the idea of monster hunter but wanted it in hd with twin sticks so I waited for this for ages. I feel like I've got half of both of those things.
  • Gregolution 28 Mar 2013 10:15:15 3,171 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Then there's the online rooms.... what century are we in? Is it that hard to sort out some auto matchmaking? The online rooms looks like a 15 year olds computer science project.

/grumble

I'm genuinely enjoying the game while I play and I waited for aaages to play it. But I do feel like I've been ripped off.. by Capcom. They could have put a lot more effort into an hd upgrade if they're charging 40 quid for it.

On the Wii U side... the gamepad is absolutely brilliant for a game like this. When you are in a room or online game, having a touch screen virtual keyboard is gold - or you can use the built in mic.

Not to mention the customisable panels for shortcuts in game. This and ZombiU show what a useful piece of hardware the game pad is....
  • JiveHound 29 Mar 2013 17:52:03 2,346 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    So I've just massively splurged and bought this for WiiU and also a 3ds xl version along with the console so I can play with my girlfriend.

Any way we can play on the internet together? I've read conflicting things.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Raiko101 29 Mar 2013 18:45:52 6,089 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't think so. I'm not 100% clued up, but don't you need to run an app on the Wii U, which allows you to take the 3DS version online, but stops you from being able to play anything on the Wii U during that time?

• YenRug 30 Mar 2013 22:31:41 2,024 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I don't think so. I'm not 100% clued up, but don't you need to run an app on the Wii U, which allows you to take the 3DS version online, but stops you from being able to play anything on the Wii U during that time?
    I think it requires a hardline connection to your router, too, no WiFi connection, from what I recall reading somewhere. Also, the app is meant to be Japan only for the time being.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous