Hearthstone Page 28

• Page

of 37 First / Last

• RobAnybody 7 Jan 2014 22:18:10 826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    hax1 wrote:
    @RobAnybody Not as bad as getting Holy Wrath'd with a Molten Giant on turn 5 for 20 damage...
    Ouch!

I now carry a Big Game Hunter in my current Rogue deck, just in case (assuming that I have it in my hand when needed!). :)

What's the minimum numbers of turns it's taken you all to win a game? I've done a fair few in 5, but just did one in 4 (the Warlock conceded but I would have definitely killed him turn 5, hence his concession).
  • RobAnybody 7 Jan 2014 22:19:28 826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ceelion wrote:
    I'm pretty good when I play with the basic decks the game has decided for me, but as soon as I try to put my own together I can barely win a match.

I don't think I 'get' the whole deck construction thing.
    I'm not great at it either, but I'm okay at tweaking and improving (for my gameplay style) existing decks. Plenty to find on the 'net - try hearthpwn.com for a start. :)
  • RobAnybody 9 Jan 2014 19:03:23 826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ladder reset finally happening - for us it's in the early hours of 10th Jan:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/253-season-2-begins-on-january-9-hearthstone-beta-opt
  • Roddles 9 Jan 2014 21:22:17 1,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm gonna sit on 10 and no stars. Too scared to drop back down!
  • RobAnybody 9 Jan 2014 21:56:01 826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Heh - I've just made it up to 13. :) Will be interesting to see how long it takes to get back to 13 after the reset (no doubt the match-ups will be erratic at first until people settle into their respective levels).
  • humanchu 11 Jan 2014 12:23:07 65 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pssst, if there are any beta keys out there I'm hungry for one, wink wink, nudge nudge. :p
  • teamHAM 13 Jan 2014 20:40:34 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf!

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• senso-ji 13 Jan 2014 20:56:49 5,317 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hmmm, not sure about those changes. I agree with Pyro blast being nerfed, and unleash the hounds being reduced in cost and possibly Warsong Commander nerf (some OTK Warrior decks are just ridiculous), but I disagree/don't see the point with the others.

What I'd prefer to see is more restrictions on deck building, in particular with regards to the number of legendaries you can pick. It get's really boring in ranked play when you're guaranteed to come against Ysera, Raganaros, Sylvanas, Alexstraza, Cairne and Tinkmaster every time. I appreciate that people have paid a lot of money to get these cards, but it saps all the fun out of play when everyone needs to have a set of identical cards to stay competitive.
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2014 09:16:53 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah to be honest most of these nerfs are because of the warrior OTK deck, which came to the fore after the mages and the Hunter OTK got nerfed.

Until they add more cards it will always be a bit of a clusterfuck tbh. They said this will be the last round of changes but they said that after the last two rounds aswell. It looks like, for now at least, whenever a new wombocombo is discovered Blizz will just nerf it into the ground. So you are left with a couple of hundred really mediocre cards.

As for specific nerfs:

- Unleash the Hounds: I have lost a couple of times due to a player getting huge card draw from Unleash the Hounds. Halving the cost of this will only make it even stronger.

- Pyroblast: I can understand the Pyro change but really 10 uncounterable damage to the face in one card is a powerhouse whatever the cost.

- Warsong Commander and Charge: Due to Molten Giants decks.

- Defender of Argus: Really strong card so am ok with a 2/3, it will still get used.

- Novice Engineer: Really don't understand this one. People will just run Loot Hoarder instead for better value.

- Dark Iron Dwarf: Odd.

- Sylvanas: Really odd. Yes she does get used a lot and I love her but an increase of 1 mana isn't going to stop her being ran by every player that has her.

- Blood Imp: A huge nerf. We had Flame Imp nerf last round, and now huge nerf to Blood Imp. Warlock rush will not be the powerhouse it has been.

Also, the ranking system reset is a bit stupid, because for normal players it's basically better to just not play ranked for the first week of the month, because every other deck you run into you get roflstomped. And at the top of the rankings, some of the best skilled and decked out players get stuck at a certain rank while they wait for some cannon fodder to level up.

I definitely agree there should be some sort of restrictions on legendaries. They also need to balance the legendaries; the reason why the same ones are being used in all decks is not because they are overpowered, it's because some of the legendaries are just shit and most rares and even some commons prove better value. So yeah, buff some of the weaker legendaries and cap to two or three legendaries per deck IMO.

I think I'm going to really wind down my playtime with this until they bring some more cards out and/or release the first set of adventures.

• DFawkes 14 Jan 2014 09:56:10 22,072 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    - Unleash the Hounds: I have lost a couple of times due to a player getting huge card draw from Unleash the Hounds. Halving the cost of this will only make it even stronger.
    Really? I thought the change they made to "For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Hound with Charge" made it so weak it really needed to be less expensive. It still has its uses, but it's not going to turn the tide like it once did.

You're definitely not getting a 1 kit KO with it anymore, given the absolute maximum you can get is 7 hounds, and that's only if your enemy has 7 minions on the field.

Still good in some circumstances though, like if they've not got any Taunts up or you're just a couple of hits from victory and those hounds will be enough to clear a path.

Edited by DFawkes at 09:57:50 14-01-2014

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• ScandinavianStar 14 Jan 2014 10:11:12 13 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    I like Kripparrian thoughts on the new patch. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu3w-L2IL2U]An Exciting Hearthstone Patch[/link]

Edit: needed to fix the link
    Edit: Well itīs still wrong so I apologize for that

Edited by ScandinavianStar at 10:11:51 14-01-2014

Edited by ScandinavianStar at 10:12:39 14-01-2014
  • teamHAM 14 Jan 2014 10:33:30 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes

Yeah. You can play two buzzards and an UtH and get a lot of cards. It can easily turn the tide of the match still. Is it 7 creatures per side? I can't remember. If so, empty your hand by laying 2x Buzzard and 1x UtH = 10 cards. Yeah. Might not be a OTK anymore but it is very strong. Making it only 2 mana just gives the Hunter more versatility on what they want to supplement their two buzzards with.

Edited by teamHAM at 10:35:04 14-01-2014

• DFawkes 14 Jan 2014 11:33:12 22,072 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've never seen Buzzard played once so I didn't know that card existed :p I can see that being a potent combo then. As you say, 5 mana for 7 minions and 10 cards drawn is insane!

It'll be hard as heck to balance though, as it really needs very specific circumstances to be that good. Increasing the mana cost isn't really fair for circumstances where you don't have the Buzzards ready. I certainly don't envy Blizzard here as anything they do will be wrong ;)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• RobAnybody 14 Jan 2014 13:09:01 826 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm going through a phase of disinterest with Hearthstone - every game is very 'samey' and predictable and that's sucking the fun out of it for me.

As for the changes - bit of a mixed bag really, but I think that should have nerfed Mages far more than simply upping the cost of Pyroblast to 10 Mana.
  • Waffleaber 14 Jan 2014 13:37:40 313 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Buzzards are great but single use only. I've used Unleash the Hounds with Hunter's Mark a few times summoning one hound just to kill some huge late game monster or other. Being able to pull that off for just two mana now makes me happy.
  • Sharzam 15 Jan 2014 10:10:53 2,118 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Started playing last night, iam frankly terrible. I thought before I play against the real world I would do some matches vs the Ai to unlock more characters. But I can't even beat them, guessing practise and practise is the way forward.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• teamHAM 21 Jan 2014 23:10:35 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Open Beta going live now in the US. EU imminent I'm guessing.

• Moot_Point 22 Jan 2014 00:01:24 3,515 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cool beans. Might give it a whirl.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Fozzie_bear 22 Jan 2014 00:48:52 15,315 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    gave it a go today for the first time. good stuff so far. just played casual games though.

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• Hamflank 23 Jan 2014 09:35:45 7 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • teamHAM 23 Jan 2014 19:11:26 2,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aaaand now everyone is screaming to nerf hunter.

Le sigh.

• Moot_Point 23 Jan 2014 20:45:00 3,515 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Will this game be worth playing if they nerf all the combos?

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Cadence 23 Jan 2014 21:40:39 1,622 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Considering I have no idea what any of you are talking about I'm fairly sure I'd suck at this. It does look pretty cool though.
  • speed182 24 Jan 2014 18:21:13 895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was Mage v Pala and had been countering him all game as he had some pretty lucky RNG with his cards. I waited patiently and finally took control of the middle he had 26 HP I had 6 but I had exactly 26 damage ready to unleash!

So Fireball away...

...Eye for an Eye was up, I die.

Only my 4th match so I have no idea about other Heroes card. it's a lesson I suppose.

Good fun though!

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• Sharzam 24 Jan 2014 19:51:28 2,118 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Trying to make my own decks now rather than just sticking with the suggestions, and i have to say iam making a right mess of it. I thought if i go with a ton of spell cards then add minions which boost spell damage its all gravy.

Didnt exactly work as the cards didnt come out the way i wanted, i had aload of the minions in my hand but the bloody spell cards stayed in the deck didnt they. So all i had was a load of under powered minions with nothing to boost there damage. Meaning at the start i was actually doing rather well, but as the game went on i had nothing to follow on from the big hitting minions on the other side.

Edited by Sharzam at 19:54:54 24-01-2014

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• speed182 24 Jan 2014 22:22:20 895 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is a thread with good custom basic builds which has helped me a lot.

It's the 4th post down: Here

Edited by speed182 at 22:22:44 24-01-2014

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• hypoBla5t 25 Jan 2014 14:04:41 1,268 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bah. Getting into this but today I'm being struck down with this horrible battle.net disconnect thing. The fix isn't working either. Grrrrrr.
  • Mayhem64 25 Jan 2014 14:26:12 649 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The game looks interesting, and I might try it out given I've been a big CCG player in the past, but I've always been frustrated by game design that can hold you back from achieving what a deck is capable of. I always preferred Decipher's old Star Wars CCG as you could manipulate the reserve, change the order, grab things out of it etc, so you had a lot more control over getting the cards you needed into hand, and not sat there being useless.

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• Wavey 25 Jan 2014 14:27:00 260 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Right after a long time away I am coming back! My god I am going to be awful!
  • hypoBla5t 25 Jan 2014 17:23:59 1,268 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah it's working again!!

Used to play a lot of Yu-Gi-Oh back in the day which had opportunities to counter during your opponent's turn, I guess they're trying to keep it simple.
  • Page

of 37 First / Last