Hearthstone Page 22

• Page

of 36 First / Last

• Wavey 12 Dec 2013 14:54:34 259 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    From what I can tell, the taunt sound effects at least sound more warrior-like from WoW itself. I could be completely wrong though. Seems a strange reason to quit over sound effects but each to there own!
  • joeymoto108 12 Dec 2013 15:06:14 617 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If that isn't a sign of mild autism I don't know what is.

'Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?'

• Benno 12 Dec 2013 15:22:06 9,392 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think i've only played the game with sound once, its always on mute
  • teamHAM 12 Dec 2013 16:28:51 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That dwarf talking at the start is enough to send anyone to insanity, so its enough to make anyone quit the game..... Or push the mute button.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Games for Windows Live Gamertag: teamHAM

• magicpanda 12 Dec 2013 17:04:04 13,008 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just lost a game in one turn to a Rogue. I was on 27 he was on 1.

Edited by magicpanda at 17:04:19 12-12-2013
  • BeebleB 12 Dec 2013 19:53:38 778 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Emerged from the tutorial and ready to get whooped. Battlenet id beebleb#2913
  • magicpanda 12 Dec 2013 21:33:05 13,008 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I seemed to have backed myself into a corner with this.

I've fluked my way up a few ranks with one shaman deck and am now facing people who have played enough to put together expert card decks and obviously love it enough to spent money.

I've just walked away from a 10-15 streak loss suffering rape after rape. It seems I'm stuck with one full basic deck across all my characters scraping the odd win for coins to get more cards.

It's just not fun unless I spend money to be more competitive unless I'm missing something?
  • teamHAM 12 Dec 2013 21:49:04 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @magicpanda

The basic decks are garbage. As you level your heroes you will unlock some expert cards, but these will not be included in the basic decks. You should make a custom deck asap.

• Benno 12 Dec 2013 21:49:35 9,392 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've started to face a few decks with 3-4 legendary cards in. It does get a bit tiresome. I guess its only going to get worse.
  • RobAnybody 12 Dec 2013 21:54:23 825 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Okay, let's clarify my message yesterday regarding me quitting Hearthstone over the new inferior sound effects. It wasn't quite as simple as that, my irritation got the better of me and the new sound effects were simply the final straw.

In short, I've been stressed lately for various reasons. Very, very stressed. 'Head about to explode' stressed. I've been playing Hearthstone quite a bit later in the day as it usually helps me to relax. Unfortunately the new patch caused me more stress - the sound effects were just the icing on the cake and something which seemed so trivial that I decided to rant about them instead of the real cause of my annoyance and that is the badly broken matchmaking in the game. Oh yes, and the new ranking which sucks big time. Why the fuck am I being matched against players who obviously are far more skilled than me AND who usually have a good number of Epics and Legendaries in their decks?

The matchmaking in Hearthstone is utter shit.

Oh yes, and so are the replaced sound effects ..... ;)

And it's still full of bugs that have seemingly been in the game for ages now, plus of course new bugs that have been introduced in this release.

And to cap it all there's barely any feedback from Blizzard or acknowledgement of the many issues that people are discussing.

I know the Hearthstone dev team is relatively small (15 people I think?) but I've Beta tested software (mainly business software, some games software) as part of my job some years ago and even two man dev teams did a better job with their feedback and bug-fixing than Blizzard have managed so far.

Edited by RobAnybody at 21:56:00 12-12-2013
  • magicpanda 12 Dec 2013 21:59:31 13,008 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @teamHAM I mean't I have a basic custom deck, there are a few expert cards but I cant get any more without beating people loads or spending money.

I have tried everything I can think of and I come out absolutely hammered every time.

Completely stuck to be honest. :) Was fun while it lasted, back to Wildstar.
  • Benno 12 Dec 2013 22:01:08 9,392 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    I seemed to have backed myself into a corner with this.

I've fluked my way up a few ranks with one shaman deck and am now facing people who have played enough to put together expert card decks and obviously love it enough to spent money.

I've just walked away from a 10-15 streak loss suffering rape after rape. It seems I'm stuck with one full basic deck across all my characters scraping the odd win for coins to get more cards.

It's just not fun unless I spend money to be more competitive unless I'm missing something?
    Well the more money you spend, the more cards you have and the more cards you have, the more competitive you are. This game was designed purely around being a tidy little money maker - you can tell.
  • teamHAM 12 Dec 2013 22:35:08 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @magicpanda

Ah right, well yeah. Obviously as you have just started you will need more cards, but even with a sprinkling of cards you can do well. As with most games though you will come up against people who take the game very seriously and this will result in one sided matches. Remember luck plays a big part in the game too.

Also remember, since the new ranking system came in, all those people who have been stuck on Master 3 for the last few months are now back down with everyone else. As the season gets to the halfway point or so a lot of them will have moved above you again etc.

But yeah, as you move up you need to really understand what you are doing or you get schooled. The poor decks just get found out pretty fast.

• magicpanda 12 Dec 2013 22:46:03 13,008 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't think I have a poor deck for what I have access to and I do understand the game.

I'm convinced that to stay competitive I need to spend money or grind out the odd win against people who have far, far better decks and quite frankly I have far, far better things to spend money and time on.

I'll give it a few weeks and keep an eye out to see If my situation crops up for others (by the looks of it there are 2 others in the thread with similar stories). Doesn't bode well.
  • bbvDJC 12 Dec 2013 23:06:11 1,637 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been playing it for a few days now and while I love it, it is a little frustrating!

I have my priest and shaman up to about level sixteen or so and both decks (with the cards I have) are just so long winded, I'm normally defeated before I even get any game plan going because of either bad draws or players just loaded their deck with tons of removal.

It's probably because I'm a bad player more than anything though! I just got a new expert pack for 100 gold and got some paladin cards so I'm playing around with Uther now.
  • shamblemonkee 13 Dec 2013 00:42:02 14,040 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From what i've found you need to build a deck around a core plan (be that minion swarm and buff, or board control) with some elements in there to adapt if you need to get things back on track.

due to us all starting out we have a relatively limited deck to choose from which seems to increase the element of luck involved; hence frustration when you feel like you did everything right with the hand dealt and still get a drubbing.

After a torrid time last night i won a few in a row tonight using the same deck bar 2 changes. The only difference - the cards came out in an order that meant i always had the option to remove, control or buff. Now of course i'd built my deck in the hope that this scenario would happen but this early on it's hard to muster enough cards with the effects you want to build around a core idea.

i think these things are the foundation of frustration on mine and some peoples part.

ps. all this is as Rogue as i'm a glutton for punishment it seems :p
  • Phattso Moderator 13 Dec 2013 05:35:51 12,723 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OK, what am I missing? I want to play against someone on my friends list, but can't for the life of me figure out how?

Do they have to be at the same level as me or something?
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2013 06:51:13 7,707 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Click the little symbol next to their name. It will be grey if the are in the middle of a game and are unable to be challenged at that moment.
  • Phattso Moderator 13 Dec 2013 06:54:00 12,723 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, turned out he was unpatched (although how the hell he'd managed to launch the game without patching is confusing to me).

Still haven't managed to initiate a game though, somewhat strangely. Would be nice if the interface gave an explanation as to why or a tooltip or sommat.

Ho hum. Cheers for the confirmation.
  • Salaman 13 Dec 2013 08:12:55 18,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm still a massive noob at this. I just assembled a custom deck built around a lot of the expert class cards I amassed and then a few of each mana value added in on top to spread it out.
    I then got beat over and over by people putting up a massive taunt wall, so I now have a deck with a bunch of expert class cards and a few cards of each mana value added on top , mostly taunt cards.

Not the way to go about it clearly as I played a few ranked matches (at level 25) and out of the 8 or 10 I won 2.

I did in the end build a new deck and included a bunch of them merlock cards (+attack for each new merlock added, +attack for all other merlocks, etc) and putting 3/4 merlock minions in play was quite cool.

I think my problem is that I find the building of a deck to be quite uninteresting, and boring, so I'm just fairly randomly clicking on cards that sound good (in isolation) without an overall view.

Case in point, my first arena entry. Christ did that deck suck. I managed to pick myself quite a few cards that buff minions in various ways, as they sounded good. But then once I was playing I found I had way too little minions to play those buffs on, or the minions I had, had a nice buff as their battle cry but no minion to use it on. :-/
    Needless to say I'm 0 for 3 in the arena so far and not looking to pay gold to do it again.

Although unlocking new cards is cool, I find it massively annoying and a bit of a chore to then go back re-do the deck to integrate the new cards.

Luckily you gain xp for losing as well. =)

Edited by Salaman at 08:14:29 13-12-2013
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2013 08:15:01 7,707 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You won 2 you say? Your opponent must've be shit!

.... :(

Edited by Zizoo at 08:16:03 13-12-2013
  • Salaman 13 Dec 2013 08:22:54 18,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Those were ranked games with the game matchmaking for me.

I won 3 out of 6 playing against EG-ers from my friend's list I think.
    =)
  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2013 11:25:53 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In the arena the mindset needs to be completely different. Aim for maximum value for each card. Imagine which of the three cards you're offered has the biggest chance to trade two for one. Ignore synergies as most of the time you simply won't be given the breathing space in arena to use them.

Also, setting the tempo and early board control is crucial in arena. If it's turn 4 and your opponent has two more minions than you on the board, then you have probably lost.

Also you should be minion heavy. Aim for five spells ish. Limit cards that cost 5+ mana to 7 or so. Run at least 4 2 drops. These sort of things will help. The trick in arena is to completely change the mindset during the draft. Its nothing like constructed. Most people pay their money to enter the arena then screw themselves with their draft choices.

• Salaman 13 Dec 2013 12:11:10 18,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Run at least 4 2 drops.
    Sorry what? Is that a minion that summons a second minion?
  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2013 12:12:29 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sorry, it means minions that cost 2 mana.

• Phattso Moderator 13 Dec 2013 12:24:02 12,723 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a rather nice Druid deck that's doing the business for me in fun play, unranked. Haven't been back into the Arena since my six back-to-back defeats. :)
  • Phattso Moderator 13 Dec 2013 12:52:27 12,723 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Aaand just took it into Ranked play and reamed a Hunter on my first outing. Ragnaros really does do the business in the endgame if you can clear the board of weak minions before playing him.

Was holding on to a 6 mana cost Windfury unit that would do 8 damage per turn until the end too, never even got to play it, and I had an Innervate too!
  • teamHAM 13 Dec 2013 14:11:29 2,407 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I can't play just yet but when i get my laptop back I will be around for some games if anyone fancies it. Am always happy to help people out too.

My battle.net is squigglygirl#2699.

• Salaman 13 Dec 2013 16:13:04 18,245 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That site magicpanda linked to a little earlier (2 pages back or so?) was quite a good read.
    I think I'll redo some decks with some of their guidelines in mind tonight.

/ready to kick ass later Whooo!

/gets ass kicked instead
  • matt6464 13 Dec 2013 20:20:53 1 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I am a long term forum lurker but have a spare key if a regular wants it (I got mine off of ebay some time ago and it may as well go to a good cause).
  • Page

of 36 First / Last