Everything that's wrong with gaming Page 5

• Page

of 5 First / Last

Next
  • Doomspoon 22 Mar 2013 12:54:44 2,490 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's no excuse for promoting this sort of behaviour. There shouldn't be any tolerance of it. The games themselves would play out really differently if the cretins got sin-binned for their behaviour. That one quiet bloke would win by default for being the only player still in the game surely?

With all the money going into it there should be fines for poor conduct. It works well enough in NHL.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2012-04-10/john-tortorella-penguins-whine-sidney-crosby-rangers-nhl-playoffs-2012

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26486

The argument that we've all been a bit sweary playing online at home doesn't wash either. Yeah sure the odd rant here or there at dying again/lag/glitching etc doesn't mean that we all start acting like the fat kid in that video. I'd fully expect my behaviour to be frowned upon at least and punished at worse if I did so in that environment.

Comments from people saying this is why they don't play online or don't use a headset when on Live are justified, seems pretty much every game of CoD or Halo I've been in online has had at least one person behaving this way. It used to be that it was always the Americans about 10 years ago, but now it seems every nationality is at it on Live.

Edited by Doomspoon at 12:55:10 22-03-2013
  • sanctusmortis 22 Mar 2013 12:55:16 9,647 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    I get that they're trying to psyche out their opponents, but still... they do sound like mongs.

Also, Isn't COD-II an 18-cert game?
    17+ EU rating. Different areas have different ratings systems.
  • sanctusmortis 22 Mar 2013 13:00:33 9,647 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For posterity: EVO 2012.

Examples:

Rea: When I go to MSL or MLG and someone blows up a ghost [Starcraft], does someone go “Yeah, rape that bitch!”?

[group laughter]

Bakhtanians: But, you know, Jared, you’re right. But if there was that much money being spent on Street Fighter, it wouldn’t be happening here, either, you know. There would be more rules, there would be security here, it’s not the same thing. It’s not the same thing.

Rea: When I go to SoCal regionals and I see a Phoenix [from Marvel vs. Capcom 3] on main stage getting blown up and there’s some dude in the audience just yelling “Bitch! Bitch!” every time she gets hit and then she killed and goes “Yeah, rape that bitch!” Yeah, that’s totally acceptable! Really? Really? You’re going to tell me that’s acceptable?

Bakhtanians: Look, man. What is unacceptable about that? There’s nothing unacceptable about that. These are people, we’re in America, man, this isn’t North Korea. We can say what we want. People get emotional.
    "Miranda, I wanna know your bra size."
    I'd say that's worse, TBH; this is just a bunch of testosterone teens shouting shit. That was full-on, she's-on-your-team-and-stood-next-to-you-dude creeping.
  • cubbymoore 22 Mar 2013 13:23:26 36,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My main problem with the whole thing is that it's a heavily edited video, with all of the outbursts completely out of any context. We have no idea what's at stake, where they are in the competition, how long the match has been going... We have none of this info, and so it just looks like it's nonstop shouting.

There's actually no story here other than "LOOK AT ALL THIS SHOUTING THAT GOES ON, (btw this is part of some competition)"
  • disusedgenius 22 Mar 2013 14:22:31 5,405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    Shirly this is a bit of an exaggeration?
    It is, the top SC2 pros earn a few hundred thousand a year if they're actually winning things. Hardly millions though and there's a BIG drop down to the next level of player.
  • Darth_Flibble 22 Mar 2013 14:32:51 1,726 posts
    Seen 49 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    "Bakhtanians" is a piece of shit if he thinks "Yeah, rape that bitch!” is acceptable.

As for the COD teams, sad and pathetic how ever people try to justify it
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 14:44:35
    I forget all football players earn £250k a week.
  • disusedgenius 22 Mar 2013 19:44:37 5,405 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Top tier players can easily earn £200k a year from just streaming their practice games from their (fully paid for by their sponsor) home.
    Yeah, though conversely few of the 'winning' players stream that much anymore, especially in the lead up to a big match. There's certainty still quite a few players who operate almost more like tv presenters in that regard who are just very watchable.
  • cubbymoore 24 Mar 2013 17:22:07 36,501 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Shut up about telling people to shut up about the damn negs. Is your life that meaningless you cry about someone going on about negging? How about ignoring it. Yes shockingly obvious I know.
  • Khanivor 24 Mar 2013 17:40:47 40,938 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Who'd have a thunk that a competition which involves hunting down and shooting people might make people aggressive. Fucking unbelievable.
  • LeoliansBro 24 Mar 2013 19:22:00 44,505 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Negging reasonable comments is pretty pathetic though.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• RobTheBuilder 24 Mar 2013 19:50:42 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Negging reasonable comments is pretty pathetic though.
    Yes. It's very annoying. The above two posters bitching about complaining about complaining about complaining about begging is also very annoying
  • Syrette 24 Mar 2013 20:20:18 43,750 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RobTheBuilder bitching about the above two posters bitching about complaining about complaining about complaining about begging is also very annoying.

Edited by Syrette at 20:20:41 24-03-2013

• sanctusmortis 25 Mar 2013 17:56:06 9,647 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EVERYTHING IS ANNOYING

Especially "waaaaaaaaaaaaah bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias bias" comments.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Next