Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD for Vita Page 3

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• Rodpad 22 Mar 2013 15:26:54 2,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks identical to a simple upscaled emulated affair to me. Still, would love to play this again on the Vita if I owned one.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 15:27:50
    Vitas will probably be about 40 sheets by the time this appears.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 15:33:58 11,895 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    These are on the PS3 as well, aren't they?
    They any good?
    The only FF game I've played was Xiii which was pretty but dull as we all know.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• ecu 22 Mar 2013 15:35:52 77,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still don't know why it was popular. List of reasons why I think people like this game:

- the terrible voice acting
    - the awful story and forgettable characters
    - the donut environment
    - Teeeedus
    - hahaha hahahaha HAHAHAHA hahahaha drama scene
    - the lack of world map or anywhere interesting to explore

Some people actually think this is one of the best Final Fantasy games. Literally the only reason I can think of as to why anybody would like it even a little bit, is that they were a teenager when it came out and they'd never played a game of its type before.
  • ElNuevo9 22 Mar 2013 15:36:23 13,600 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Vitas will probably be about 40 sheets by the time this appears.
    It says it's out this year.

2015 confirmed.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• ElNuevo9 22 Mar 2013 15:38:05 13,600 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ecureuil

Not to mention you could only use summons with Yuna.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Deleted user 22 March 2013 15:38:45
    Seems tidus as gone through a operation to make him look more ladyboy like.

Before

After:

At least they actually done some stuff with this.

Edited by joelstinton at 15:39:18 22-03-2013
  • elstoof 22 Mar 2013 15:38:57 8,310 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Famitsu readers voted it the best game if all time, easy to see why it's getting an HD rejig but yeah, it's not even the best FF in reality. Not by a long shot.
  • elstoof 22 Mar 2013 15:41:20 8,310 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Rodpad 22 Mar 2013 15:41:21 2,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They've done nothing. It's an upcale and a different frame of animation with his duck mouth closed. The colour difference is due to how it's being emulated.

Edited by Roddles at 15:41:40 22-03-2013
  • elstoof 22 Mar 2013 15:42:13 8,310 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New HD textures I believe.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 15:44:24
    I liked it because it had the best battle system of any FF game and a series of epic and incredibly well designed optional bosses.

The rest of it is the usual FF fare and certainly not outright bad.
  • Rodpad 22 Mar 2013 15:45:24 2,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wouldn't call them "HD", more "SD textures". Anybody who doesn't have rose tinted spectacles will remember how low res the textures were.

Still, it's a mild improvement.
  • Cappy 22 Mar 2013 15:48:30 12,117 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I hope this gets out the door quick so they can then move onto Final Fantasy XII.

I don't think anybody expressing affection for Final Fantasy X has played it in over a decade, X-2 I found even harder to tolerate, besides a myriad of problems it was rather irritating to see the character of Yuna rewritten as some sort of Britney Spearseque skank, who now wears skirts that are so short you'd mistake it for a belt.

I don't think we're getting Final Fantasy XII sadly, those Sony rules, they have to at least double up to qualify for a retail release in SCEA and SCEE territories, hence X-2 getting bolted on after X was announced.

Square Enix don't really have anything they can pair up with XII so it would be a digital only release if it ever happened.
  • ecu 22 Mar 2013 16:08:18 77,313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    I liked it because it had the best battle system of any FF game and a series of epic and incredibly well designed optional bosses.

It did have a great combat system, I agree with that. Everything else was just so poor it's hard to care though. Moving to voice acting was the worst thing to happen to this series imo. Old Final Fantasy games felt like half book, half game, and it was awesome.
  • King_Edward 22 Mar 2013 16:17:43 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I hope this gets out the door quick so they can then move onto Final Fantasy XII.

Square Enix don't really have anything they can pair up with XII so it would be a digital only release if it ever happened.
    DQ8?

@Ecu
    It had BLITZBALL!! WOOO!

Edited by King_Edward at 16:20:37 22-03-2013
  • Widge Moderator 22 Mar 2013 16:45:21 13,743 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    - the donut environment
    - Teeeedus
    Oh go on then.

Standard jRPG I suppose. Plus hearing Zap Brannigan come through on one of the characters was amusing. I've heard worse!

Now bar how TURD Seymour's arc was, and the anticlimatic final fight, I actually quite liked the story. The unveiling of the "religion", Auron constantly being one step ahead of the rest of the party, the constant sense of melancholy.

- the donut environment

as in a tunnel you just run down? I suppose that is right, it did look pretty though. Even though Spira is one of the most erratically scenic places ever.

- Teeeedus

Yeah. A forgettable Zidane.

You can go make a cup of tea at that place.

That DID used to get to me, but when I was doing the monster cavern... tromping around the land was a rather nice experience... aside from when a Dark Aeon came at you. I'd say that most Final Fantasy games didn't have anywhere interesting to explore. There wasn't much outside of the story locations on the world map to discover in FF7-9 really. Someone once said that a world map and airship gives the illusion of having somewhere to explore though, and that might be what you are missing.

Did do a lot of things right though. It had a really effective levelling system (which only FFX-2 got better) and having the ability to hotswap characters was a fantastic decision (again bettered by FFX-2 having only 3 characters but different job clothes), turn based battling was sharp, tactical and fun, plus the music was rather delicious in places.

I would say FFXII got so much more wrong for all the steps it took in a bright new direction. It needed evolving really, but instead FFXIII just tried to mash the PS2 games into one whole.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 22 March 2013 16:50:03
    13 should have been mashed UP someone's hole.

Edited by Boab at 16:50:35 22-03-2013
  • Folant 22 Mar 2013 18:12:27 1,588 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    @ecureuil

Not to mention you could only use summons with Yuna.
    Nothing new or exclusive to FFX.
    Hell, FFIX was the same in that only Summoners could summon.(Dagger and Eiko)

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• H1ggyLTD 22 Mar 2013 23:06:20 1,942 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Any tips on beating Chaos at the end of the first game?

He just heals himself whenever i get him near the line.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 22 Mar 2013 23:09:27 26,601 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Boab wrote:

This.

It's still the best JRPG battle system I've personally come across.
  • Rodpad 22 Mar 2013 23:12:13 2,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep. FFX has my favourite battle system of any RPG.
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Mar 2013 09:29:23 8,727 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lots of people rave about the FFX battle system but I honestly cannot remember it been particularly great. In fact I cannot remember it at all!

Of that generation the battle systems that stood out for me were Grandia II and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. I also liked the gambit system of FFXII even if the actual fighting was not as interactive as it could have been. But it was different to what I had played before which was good enough for me.

All other JRPG battle systems tend to blend into one for me. They are all just too similar.

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 09:29:50 23-03-2013
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2013 09:56:04 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You could switch between all your characters on the fly, and they switched the ATB for a more standard turn based system. It was hardly revolutionary, but pretty much the perfection of the standard JRPG battle system.
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Mar 2013 10:02:48 8,727 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just watched a video of a FFX battle and the system looks really generic to me. No wonder I forgot it.
  • elstoof 23 Mar 2013 10:02:52 8,310 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't say I remember it particularly either, but I take that as a good sign - it didn't get in the way, all I remember of the other ones is the shitness like drawing magic in 8.
  • Ror1984 23 Mar 2013 10:12:02 4,247 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    FFX's system was great. The fact that things such as piercing, elemental affinities, distance, elevation and enemy type actually mattered, twinned with the ability to switch characters in and out at will meant that you were compelled to use your whole party, and thus learn everyone's strengths and weaknesses. You could whack away at a machina enemy until it died, or you could switch in Rikku and one-shot it by stealing; you could keep trying to slash at an airborne enemy in hopes of eventually getting a hit in, or you could bring in Wakka and throw a nobbly ball at it. Likewise Auron and his high strength and piercing, Kimahri and his blue mate abilities, Lulu and her black magic, Yuna and her white/summons. Everyone had a use.

Heh, autocorrect - clearly I meant blue mage for Kimahri, but blue mate works too.

Edited by Ror1984 at 10:14:07 23-03-2013
  • King_Edward 23 Mar 2013 10:39:33 11,471 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kimahri always felt like the odd one out to me. I could never find a use for him.
  • Rens11 23 Mar 2013 10:58:33 1,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Although not as good as the Ps1 games I would still rebuy 10 just to finally beat the dark Aeons and Penance. Being handheld I'll be more likely to do a bit of grinding for the optional battles

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Rodpad 23 Mar 2013 11:00:29 2,097 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah Kimahri would always be underutilised and underlevelled.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last