EG Diplomacy game Page 21

  • Page

    of 31 First / Last

  • McGeeza 5 Apr 2013 12:20:47 941 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @andytheadequate Actually, I did suggest a Black Sea DMZ, but he did the dirty before we could achieve that. /shakes fist

    And I weathered it because Germany was being attacked by everyone apart from Austria. Therefore, proving my point again. :D
  • AcidSnake 5 Apr 2013 13:04:43 7,285 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was leaving Moscow open to me within two moves that made me decide to do the backstab...
    That and I was being boxed in between you and the immovable wall that is Italy...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • McGeeza 5 Apr 2013 14:02:21 941 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes of course. People keep telling me that, like I was unaware that it was a possibility.

    I...I trusted you man...

    /sobs
  • AcidSnake 5 Apr 2013 14:09:04 7,285 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Get a grip, man!

    /wipes away tear

    If I could do it over I'd not do it again...It's too negative like that...

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • cubbymoore 5 Apr 2013 15:00:24 36,501 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    But your alliance with turkey was based purely on trust, whereas ours had a dmz in place. This meant that any backstabbing would have to take place over 2 turns rather than 1.

    And Austria and Germany did decide to attack you but you weathered that fairly easily.
    Austria didn't attack anyone!
  • AcidSnake 5 Apr 2013 15:19:27 7,285 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You took Greece! You said you wouldn't!

    AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

  • andytheadequate 5 Apr 2013 15:38:06 8,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    McGeeza wrote:
    @andytheadequate Actually, I did suggest a Black Sea DMZ, but he did the dirty before we could achieve that. /shakes fist

    And I weathered it because Germany was being attacked by everyone apart from Austria. Therefore, proving my point again. :D
    That's because Germany didn't agree a neutrality pact before moving all his units East. And he managed to survive quite a long time really, as both you are Britain were attacked themselves.

    The DMZ would have helped, but until you had it you should have defended Sevastapol. It would have taken a very kind ally not to attack you in that situation.

    But I feel your pain as Russia. I've played as Russia IRL and I was ganged up on by Turkey and Austria. It isn't pleasant when you make one mistake and then everyone jumps to take advantage!

    @Cubby- I meant that it looked like you and Germany were going to steamroller East...

    Edited by andytheadequate at 15:39:27 05-04-2013
  • McGeeza 5 Apr 2013 18:21:45 941 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    The DMZ would have helped, but until you had it you should have defended Sevastapol. It would have taken a very kind ally not to attack you in that situation.
    Or someone playing the long game. As it stands, if you and Italy continue your pact, Turkey is coming 3rd. If he hadn't backstabbed, he would probably be looking at coming at least 2nd.

    You say mistake, I say gamble that didn't pay off. If you win 50 on a fruit machine, is it a mistake to put it all back in and try to win the 250 jackpot, or a gamble? Depends on your point of view.

    Anyway. As I said earlier, it's easy for you to sit and offer advice from your throne of human skulls. ;)
  • andytheadequate 5 Apr 2013 18:23:53 8,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm a very safe and steady person to be fair :)

    It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if the alliance in the East had met the western alliance...
  • RedSparrows 6 Apr 2013 10:40:18 23,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My game is screwed. Site access is fine, but the board is all broken and beige and missing all fleets and armies.
  • Alastair 6 Apr 2013 10:46:13 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I blame the Germans!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 6 Apr 2013 10:57:08 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's a problem with the site, there's a notice on the front page to say he's working on it and has added extra time to turns due to finish in the next 24 hours.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • fillip 8 Apr 2013 13:20:30 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Game 3 is still going!

    I am correct to assume that it's England and Germany vs Turkey and Austria?

    I could do with a week or two off but would like to toss my name into the hat should another game be in the offing.
  • Alastair 8 Apr 2013 13:23:28 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    fillip wrote:
    Game 3 is still going!

    I am correct to assume that it's England and Germany vs Turkey and Austria?
    France and Germany.
    Russia has recently surrendered.
  • andytheadequate 8 Apr 2013 13:27:14 8,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Indeed, I'm using the delay in game 3 to give everyone a bit of a rest before I suggest a new round of games. We should have enough for at least 1 more game, if not 2
  • fillip 8 Apr 2013 13:33:39 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Alastair Ah France, my mistake. France looks to be in a spot of bother. What's that army doing in Africa?
  • Alastair 8 Apr 2013 13:39:54 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Praying for a return to Paris I expect! >o)
  • Alastair 8 Apr 2013 13:40:18 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I can see game 3 going on for a while....
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Apr 2013 13:45:42 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not really, I'm expecting turkey to turn on you any turn now :-D

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Alastair 8 Apr 2013 14:02:48 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been waiting for Germany to turn on you for ages...! ;)
  • ScoutTech 8 Apr 2013 14:26:51 2,425 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    (Topical for the day) This German is not for turning!!

    But I too am waiting for Turkey to stab good and hard.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Apr 2013 14:43:41 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sexy. We're too under fire to turn on each other though. It was far more likely earlier on during the good times.

    And now Serbia and Vienna are looking nice and reachable from that side, just in time for the fall. Hell, it would put him closer to winning than anyone else so far.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • RedSparrows 8 Apr 2013 22:51:00 23,298 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tum te tum...
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Apr 2013 08:13:53 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah I don't get how this works. Seems moves are always ruled against me, units are destroyed when they have places to retreat to... I'm sure it all makes sense really but I've been left going "WTF?" for about 5 straight turns now.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • fillip 9 Apr 2013 08:28:43 896 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You seemed to have retreated just fine.

    You could have held your coast if you chained support. In this case:
    Spain hold
    Marseille support Spain to hold
    Burgundy support Marseille to hold

    Marseille is effectively holding even though they put in a support command.

    Edit: I just looked at how you lost the fleet from Tunisia. It's a bit more complicated but the key is the Austrian fleet in the Western Med supporting the Turkish fleet into Tunis. You bounced but had nowhere to return to as the STR 2 attack took it. It's a strange one because if you had held at Tunisia and lost it you would have been allowed to retreat to Tyrhenian Sea. But as you bounced a move from there you weren't.

    Edited by fillip at 08:39:39 09-04-2013
  • Alastair 9 Apr 2013 08:36:11 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Ah I don't get how this works. Seems moves are always ruled against me, units are destroyed when they have places to retreat to... I'm sure it all makes sense really but I've been left going "WTF?" for about 5 straight turns now.
    It's a sign - surrender to me!!!
    Bwah ha ha ha haaaaa!!
    >o)
  • andytheadequate 11 Apr 2013 17:37:37 8,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What happened to Alastair of the Austrians, friend to all? :)


    Anyway, who's interested in playing another game? If people from game 3 also want to play then I am happy to delay the start until that has finished.
  • Salaman 12 Apr 2013 00:48:13 19,272 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you can gather 7, I'd be up for it.
  • Alastair 12 Apr 2013 09:05:54 16,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    What happened to Alastair of the Austrians, friend to all? :)

    I'm still a friend to all. Especially those who understand the needs of the Austrians people.
    :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 12 Apr 2013 09:19:48 38,686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What gets me is Turkey could roll over you this very next turn and effectively end this game. But that's been possible for a few turns now and he hasn't so we're bloody stuck in a stalemate of sorts.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Page

    of 31 First / Last

Log in or register to reply