Everybody's Golf 6 (Ported from Vita)

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • HiddenAway 14 Mar 2013 18:50:46 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All but confirmed to be approaching now!

User Question:
    Are there any plans to release the PS3 port of this game outside of Japan?
    Answer:
    Yes, the team are currently targeting a Summer launch.

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• uiruki 14 Mar 2013 20:56:14 3,661 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watch out: this is still 30fps and you can't use save data from the Vita game on the PS3.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2013 23:23:52
    This is great news. The current ps3 version is still holding strong and a great game in its own right considering its age. But the Vita version does feel so much better. So a new version on PS3 is great news imo.
  • HiddenAway 19 Jul 2013 15:06:57 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    £11.99 - 24th July 2013

Cross-play between Vita and PS3 is confirmed and DLC is unlocked if you have the Vita version of it already.

Also Move compatible.

• Deleted user 20 July 2013 00:56:43
    Any news on the retail release price? I learnt an important lesson with VF5 FS as a PSN only affair, compared to VF5. Some genres just donít work as digital only affairs for me on home console. Iíd much rather pay a lot more for a full retail quality version and know that if I give the PS3 away to my brother or nephews in the years to come, the game will still work in local player on console even if my PSN account is removed.
  • HiddenAway 20 Jul 2013 07:27:32 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vizzini It's digital only (which was probably to be expected given the price)

• brn 20 Jul 2013 07:30:25 228 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wonder if they might update the Vita version with a hotseat mode, assuming that they've added that to the PS3 version (they have to, right?)
  • HiddenAway 20 Jul 2013 08:26:58 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @brn What's hotseat mode? Never heard of that in EG before...

• brn 20 Jul 2013 10:37:14 228 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "hotseat" is when you can play local multiplayer passing over the controller. Like every other Everybody's Golf game except for the Vita one.
  • HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 16:35:05 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Judging from the blog post, it says that local multiplayer is in. I'll check once the game finishes downloading and let you know by reply/PM.

• HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 17:52:33 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @brn Yes, hotseat multiplayer is in the PS3 version.

• brn 24 Jul 2013 19:16:55 228 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    neat, looks like it's a bit different from the vita version though, so I guess we won't see it in the vita version anytime soon.
  • Razz 24 Jul 2013 19:22:23 60,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    WHAT?! IS IT OUT?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 23:12:44 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Razz Yes. Right now.

• Deleted user 24 July 2013 23:38:22
    Just saw all my willpower leave me and bought(rented) my Ps3 copy tonight for £11.99 and it looks and plays brilliantly on the big screen. I didnít even see trophy support mentioned in the blurb, yet it looks like they are all still there. Will definitely double dip (triple including the Vita) if they do a boxed retail GOTY release of this version.

Anyone know how to move your golferís tee placement using the dualshock3? Or are the Vita saves transfarable and does the game support cross control?

I imagine it is still early days for some features, but with any luck itíll get just as much support as Vita version does.
  • HiddenAway 24 Jul 2013 23:51:45 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    Just saw all my willpower leave me and bought(rented) my Ps3 copy tonight for £11.99 and it looks and plays brilliantly on the big screen. I didnít even see trophy support mentioned in the blurb, yet it looks like they are all still there. Will definitely double dip (triple including the Vita) if they do a boxed retail GOTY release of this version.

Anyone know how to move your golferís tee placement using the dualshock3? Or are the Vita saves transfarable and does the game support cross control?

I imagine it is still early days for some features, but with any luck itíll get just as much support as Vita version does.
    Vita saves aren't transferable sadly. However, if you own both versions, you'll get a VIP pass which will give you a few perks (like being able to stroll into a full lobby or tournament and exclusive lobby items).

I think the golfer tee position can be moved but I haven't worked it out yet. Was too busy just blasting through the courses.

I should point out that Multiplayer rooms in the lobby are NOT cross play (so they'll be Vita exclusive or PS3 exclusive). The lobby itself and all Real Tournaments are cross play though.

Edited by HiddenAway at 23:53:43 24-07-2013

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 00:11:39
    Thanks for the info. It would have been a nice bonus if the game did support cross play for local multiplayer between a Ps3/TV and one or more Vitas, but the tournaments being cross play is the main feature win imo. At the peak of playing the Vita version I would regularly do half hour on the exercise bike while playing the online tournament, but then wanted the convenience option to play on the big screen on days when I was playing a different Vita game.
  • Andee 25 Jul 2013 06:34:12 680 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The lack of cross play game rooms seems strange considering the tourny support. Folk buying the PS3 version might well save the online side of the Vita game though.

And maybe it's a new game placebo or something but it does seem to play nicer on the PS3.
  • Razz 27 Jul 2013 00:10:29 60,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gosh there's a scary amount of DLC for this game. Is anything at all included in the base game? :D I still prefer to use the circle shot mode from EG5WT, but they've made some changes that will take some time to get used to, one that irritates me the most is the missing ghost ball you used have when pitching and putting :(

• Andee 27 Jul 2013 00:46:17 680 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You can unlock that shot mode (along with others) for purchase in the in game shop by playing through the single player a bit.

In terms of the DLC, you dont really need to bother with those level 4/5 clubs and balls unless you want try and compete with the best online i'd think. And you can get level 3 items just by playing the game and unlocking them.

The course and character DLC is a bit more confusing, as it seems a different setup from what it was on the Vita, as at least 1 course appears to be integrated into the single player anyway.
  • CharlieStCloud 27 Jul 2013 08:25:03 5,077 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wanna buy this!

Only one question though:

... as I got pretty far into the PS Vita version, and got a lot of trophies along the way, does the PlayStation 3 one shares the same list, which I have no qualms about, or is a separate one similar to the Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 HD collection?

Ta!
  • alasdairm 27 Jul 2013 19:39:13 154 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bought the Vita course & character bundle last night but it doesn't seem to allow me to download the corresponding courses & characters on the PS3
    As far as I can see not all the Vita dlc is out for the PS3 but the ones that are available are showing that I would have to pay again for them
    Have I done something wrong or will psn sort this out over a day or so?
  • Andee 27 Jul 2013 21:12:46 680 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same issue here with the dlc. As they initially said it was cross buy, I can only asume it's a bug that'll hopefully get fixed soon, as other forums mention that the US store doesn't have the problem.

And @CharlieStCloud, separate trophy lists, in the sense it counts as a different game, but I think the trophy requirements look otherwise the same.
  • CharlieStCloud 27 Jul 2013 22:08:02 5,077 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Andee wrote:
    ... separate trophy lists, in the sense it counts as a different game, but I think the trophy requirements look otherwise the same.
    *grumbles*

Oh well, thank you for letting me know!

... I may buy it on a rainy Sunday.
  • DrDamn 29 Jul 2013 09:07:10 1,215 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Same issue here with the DLC cross buy. I got the bundle on the PSV when it was released but it seems only limited stuff is available for the PS3 version so far - maybe this is the issue?

As for the game it's really nice. They haven't just ported the PSV game to their existing PS3 engine, the PS3 engine has been improved a lot too. It's very crisp and sharp compared to EG:WT. I think EG:WT was sub-720p upscaled and this looks like it might even support proper 1080p (probably upscaled a bit). Very impressed.

Don't mind the saves not being carried across as I'm enjoying playing through the game again.

Hopefully ClapHanz are busy at work on a PS4 version of EG.

NB: I think the Crown requirements have been altered a bit for the PS3 version too.

Edited by DrDamn at 09:08:04 29-07-2013
  • Deleted user 4 August 2013 23:13:15
    Am I right in thinking this is a completely different game to EG world tour?

I currently own the vita version.
  • Razz 5 Aug 2013 01:38:02 60,771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes it is.

For me, World Tour is the better game. But that's a little unfair as I haven't played EG6 nearly as much yet.

• Deleted user 5 August 2013 06:49:21
    @Razz I love the vita version. Fantastic game, World Tour is currently on offer for around £9 with all added extras.

Cheers for the info :)
  • HiddenAway 5 Aug 2013 06:56:52 14,856 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It should be noted that the online for World Tour will be closing soon though.

• Deleted user 7 August 2013 06:12:53
    @HiddenAway thanks, I seem this when I googled it, picked up the EG version even though I own it on the vita.

Looks beautiful on the big screen :)
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous